Google Nexus 4 Phone - 4.7" Inch, 1280x768 320ppi, S4 Pro, 8MP, HSPA+, 8/16GB..

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Danske, Oct 12, 2012.

1. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

LOL seriously?

2. C0ncrete

C0ncrete Member

Oh so sorry guys what was I thinking!

The phone is PERFECT!! Not a single thing wrong with it!

Other manufactures should just quit!

NEXUS 4VA!!!!!!!

3. csimpson

csimpson Member

I agree with C0ncrete.

4. Sledge

Sledge Member

I couldn't wait any longer, and HN was guaranteed friday...which i got it on thursday..
    Annoying that i had to spend an extra $70? definitely..
    Glad i did? yes..

5. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

I wasn't trying to say it was perfect. I wouldn't know because I don't have it yet, which was what I was getting at. It was a joke guy.

I'd be more annoyed I gave money to Harvey Norman than anything..

6. Pirki

Pirki Member

Ordered mine and now for the wait

7. Sledge

Sledge Member

There IS that.. that is the most annoying thing.. i already sent an email to google telling them i was pissed off about that...
    BUT.. i have a Nexus 4 right now!! :)

8. Statts

Statts RIP

Yep, using LightFlow here, works fine. Only gripe is during the "test all notifications", they only show up green, but during normal operation, all is a-ok.

9. tzortst

tzortst Member

Had a quick look, do you need to setup notifications for all apps, including sounds etc? or does it keep the default notifications and add led?

10. Sledge

Sledge Member

Where the hell did you hear that crap?
    I used to work there, and that is DEFINITELY not how it is mate...
    Just tried this again.. went out and about..same thing..no internet.. tried turning wifi off.. tried turning mobile data off then on...nothing until i rebooted the phone again..
    on 4.2.1
    seem to be an android issue maybe?
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40514
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40431
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40528

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  11. Statts

Statts RIP

Just adds LED

12. tzortst

tzortst Member

Different Departments are usually run by different franchisee, IE: one for Furniture and one for Electrical

This was the case when I worked for them over 10 yrs ago...

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

Franchisee.. yes.. but they don't own the franchise, they just look after it for them..
    it can be taken off them, or they can be transferred to another store, or even sacked etc.. just like an employee

14. BLuFFaLo

BLuFFaLo Member

16gb ordered, attempted to cancel 8gb but the fella at google i spoke to said you can't cancel, just refuse delivery and then you get a refund.....

see what happens huh.

15. /\pocalypse

/\pocalypse Member

Been using mine for 24 hours now. Battery life is much improved over my Galaxy Nexus, same with Signal strength it seems. I have the official bumper on it which I really like, the glass and screen feel great and I wont be putting those horrid screen protectors on. While the phone doesn't do any single thing amazingly well, it's obviously great value for money. Currently running Paranoid Android ROM which I highly suggest you get if you have rooted your phone (wait till Version 3.0 is out), you will never go back to any other ROM :p

Only minor cons I can come up with is how hot the device gets under heavy use and the speaker rattle when you shake the phone. Oh and maybe the super short charging cable, almost as bad as the Nexus 7 charger.

16. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

I have the same issue with the volume and on button as well. Hard to press and I often don't press it because I'm pushing on the case rather than the button.

My biggest gripe by FAR is the fact that android changed the right button to app menu. ITS FUCKING USELESS. why not just have hold home to access that?

But oh sorry, there can be nothing wrong with the Nexus 4.

Yes, I know the latter can be changed but quite frankly I'm a noob when it gets to modding phones...

17. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

Lol don't get your kickers in a knot because we laughed at someone complaining about the *only* buttons on the phone :lol:. I haven't had any issues with pressing the case over the buttons. No ones said the phone be is perfect.

Also yeah the multitask button since ICS was weird. It was basically so non responsive since ICS no one used it. Since JB however its substantially better in response times. I sometimes use it a lot and sometimes rarely. Just one of those things that's situational I guess. Same with gesture typing.

Lock screen widgets are also useless and stupid IMO.

18. csimpson

csimpson Member

The touch control app is great, as is light flow. This phone is pretty swell.

19. AgenaFX

AgenaFX Member

ParanoidAndroid

I was using the ParanoidAndroid ROM for about a week - got it originally to try out those cool looking PIE controls on the extended desktop mode.

The Hybrid UI layout still doesn't excite me very much and I had random screen wake issues while using AOSPA. I believe it's something to do with the kernel implemented with AOSP builds. I also used AOSPA on my old Galaxy Nexus and was never really a fan either.

Just flashed a clean copy of rasbeanjelly, which is essentially an inverted blue/black/tron themed ROM and has some 'bionic' commits - proprietary Krait CPU specific code that optimises the OS for the S4 Pro. So far so good, the quick settings menu has a bevy of options you can toggle on/off.

20. James086

James086 Member

Take a look at your back button (on screen). A really close look. There's a pixel that isn't illuminated near the head of the arrow. That's going to annoy you until Google updates it.

You're welcome. :leet: