Google Nexus 4 Phone - 4.7" Inch, 1280x768 320ppi, S4 Pro, 8MP, HSPA+, 8/16GB..

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Danske, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jtir

jtir Member

Does someone have a single post/update for all the accessories?

Eg where to buy screen protectors, or is everyone just using the factory plastic?

QI/Orb Chargers
    Bumper cases

2. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

I can update the OP later tonight with some details.

I've got a LG wireless charger (non orb) that i've modded too.

3. dualmassager

dualmassager Member

For those rooted, what kernels are you guys running?

4. Statts

Statts RIP

This one..

5. mercurytoxic

mercurytoxic Member

2 nexus 4, want to only keep 1

On the 30th of January I ordered a Nexus 4 8GB. I was waiting patiently for it until I noticed that the 16GB came back in stock a week later on the 5th of February, promptly bought one, thinking I could perhaps cancel the purchase of the 8GB version.

Right after purchasing the 2nd phone tried contacting Google to cancel the 8GB order and the window where I could have cancelled it already passed, by coincidence it even shipped that same day. Now I'm going to be receiving two phones, the 8GB one arriving this Friday 8th. I am wondering what to do with it?

Sell it on OCAU? Gumtree? Ebay?, perhaps follow Google's suggestion "Refuse shipment and get refunded minus the shipping in two weeks time." What to do?

6. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

You can't sell it on OCAU unless it's two weeks old or the ban hammer will leave you with a headache when it smashes into your skull at hypersonic speeds.

You could try get an extra 50 bucks out of it on ebay/gumtree but to me it would be too much hassle, plus it seems they have resolved their stock issues so those rip off ebay prices will come down now. I'd just not sign for it and get exactly what you paid back for it.. google will loose some money in shipping :)

7. mercurytoxic

mercurytoxic Member

Oh, that's right. No new stuff in OCAU, been thru that before.

8. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

And yet, your post count indicates otherwise..

9. Jamula

Jamula Member

Ordered one yesterday and the play store says it will ship on the 22nd. How accurate would this be? Could it be shorter or is Google finally getting something right?

10. bueller

bueller Member

Yeah that's just Google covering their bases, I dare say you'll be receiving a shipping notice in the next day or so.

11. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Mine said 22nd, I ordered Friday last week at 1pm. Guys that ordered earlier that day actually got theirs shipped out that day. Mine shipped monday, and although fed ex says next wed as the deliver date, it's actually in sydney already, so I'd be suprised if I don't get it tomorrow or friday.

Depending what time you ordered it yesterday it should ship last night or today. Read back through the thread to check your order, but they do email you once fed ex have it.

I also think maybe now they have OVER estimated how many they needed before listing it as back in stock, I'd say many people have either forgotten about it (spur of the moment thing when they saw the price) or bought other phones in the time it's been sold out.

12. jhunt31

jhunt31 Member

Are there any suggestions as to what to do when receiving this error? I'm trying to check out with a 16GB Nexus 4. This appears after clicking on Proceed.

13. bueller

bueller Member

Try again later maybe? :D

14. $qwuzzy

$qwuzzy Member

...cannot unseeeeee!!!!!!!

15. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

clear all cookies from google, flush cache
    nfi if that'll help, but it cant hurt

just what a desperado needs to hear :lol:

16. jhunt31

jhunt31 Member

Haha, thanks. Yes I will be trying again later!

Lol. Yeah, I've tried in a couple of browsers and different machines. No luck so far. I'll just wait... I noticed it just changed from 2-3 weeks to 1-2 weeks time to shipping too.

17. mercurytoxic

mercurytoxic Member

That the error you usually get when they run out of stock. They usually follow that error with eventually removing the add to cart button, but I've read people that haven't given up and clicked on proceed until they didn't get the error and the order finally went thru. I tried to do that and never got anything besides the error, like last week after they ran out of 16GB, that's why I ended up buying the 8GB.

18. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

Yeah, about 0902!

Will the message app on this use wifi/3g instead of phonetext system to iphones? Or do I have to get kombiwife and I on whatapp or similar?

19. tzortst

tzortst Member

20. mercurytoxic

mercurytoxic Member

I think I'm going to do this. Just refuse the shipment, I'll lose $20 in shipping, but won't have to go through the hassle of selling it.