1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Nexus 6 32/64GB with Lollipop (From $869 AUD)

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Oct 12, 2014.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

2. mils1

mils1 Member

I think the Nexus would of been perfect at 5.2" & if they sorted out the navigation so you can browse without loosing space. Easily could of been roughly the same size if they didn't waste all that black space. If the nexus 6 was $50-$100 more than the N5 I reckon we would have more people excited than dissapointed.

3. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

I'm sorry, all this ranting about price, I just don't get it....Have you seen the price of the competitors handsets?

4. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

I think the opposite tbh! I've thought this whole time that it would be way too big but I calibrated mine with my M7 and think the 6 is reasonable actually!

I'll wait for the next HTC release though, their hardware and build quality is the best out of the Android manufacturers imo.

5. booksacool1

booksacool1 Member

Yeah just did the Nexus 6 comparison to my iPhone 5 and a Xperia Z3 compact that I'm considering upgrading to.

That Nexus 6 is huge!

Check it out!
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...,Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact/phones/8626,7378,8744

6. flu!d

It's not that big, the two phones in the comparison are probably two of the smaller variety of handsets avaliable. Holding my Nexus 5 in front of the calibrated image the phone is in no way as huge as many are making it out to be.

Of course if you are coming from a, iphone 4 or 5, which IMO are way too small that you're going to think it's massive.

7. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I suppose there has to be a reason they make these ridiculous things lol.

Click to view full size!

Pic taken with a gopro clone so please excuse the fisheye.

8. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

awesome screenshot! haha

Yea, the N6 is great news for anyone who was planning on buying a phablet. (term that will soon be phased out and replaced with phone)

However, everyone else that was looking forward to a standard size phone. Sorely disappointed due to it's size and price which is also due to it's size

Nexus line is no longer for devs, it's made to be sold at the shops and compete with the big boys.

9. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

*Nods. And I would love that little bit of extra screen real-estate for games and videos. And this from someone who refused to even consider the Nexus 6 originally because I thought it would be too big! I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I can see it as being very usable/useful.

10. Danske

Danske Member

Yeah, we are all aware of the competitor prices, hence why we all love the Nexus models, because of their price point (and a whole raft of other things).

This pushes the Nexus out of line from it's original principles as outlined by previous posters.

11. flu!d

Not really,

The whole concept behind Nexus was not value for money, the concept behind Nexus was Android in it's purest and most powerful form.

Ie:

I'm buying a Nexus 9 because it's fast as hell, quite possibly the fastest tablet out there including anything made by Apple, it's well featured and it's pure Android - So no Touchwiz or 3rd party Android skins/modifications and drivers are fully supported making rooting the device and installing 3rd party rom's a breeze with minimal issues....

....And the Nexus 9 is still far cheaper than the competing Apple product - Far cheaper, and in my opinion it's got a better OS.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  12. Khalil

Khalil Member

I think I can live with it's size..The only thing i need to see reviews are on the camera

13. Danske

Danske Member

OK, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to argue with you :thumbup:.

14. flu!d

I also believe that the fake Tim Tam's from Aldi are better than the real thing....So....

15. Danske

Danske Member

HEATHEN!!!!

16. flu!d

I'm the antichrist! ;)

17. kix

kix Member

Well, he ordered one so he's got to justify his purchase.
    I on the other hand, have control and refuse to pay basically double the price of the previous model. I'll just give my money to one plus one or just buy another Nexus 5.

18. flu!d

My N10 is getting a little long in the tooth now and contrary to the whining here the N9 still represents fantastic value for money when considering the alternatives out there.

I'm not justifying my purchace any more than you're justifying your lack of a purchace....

I can't wait for my N9 to arrive.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  19. kix

kix Member

I'm going to disagree. I would say 80% of people bought the Nexus 5 including me because it was $399. There is no way I would have bought it for $699 just to have vanilla android.

20. flu!d

And you're entitled to your opinion.