Google Nexus 6 32/64GB with Lollipop (From $869 AUD)

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Oppressa, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Khalil

Khalil Member

Hmm you're right, the grey prices aren't so great.

I want to grab a nexus 6 but will probably wait and see what happens in terms of places getting stock thinking the official play store at this stage.

2. Danske

Danske Member

Man, I am so devo about whats happened to the Nexus line... Just saw the AUD prices and spat chips, not that I was gunna buy it anyway, it's too big. As a die hard nexus fanboi, I converted a fair amount of people to the Nexus ranks, now I'm just like "Really Google? Whyyyyy...".

Fingers and toes crossed for a smaller Nexus 6 or refreshed Nexus 5 (2015). Are there ANY rumours floating around for either of these?

3. thecondor

thecondor Member

The closest thing to it is a moto x 2014 edition atm. No news of anything else atm.

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on a moto x today.

4. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Battery on that, is not big enough. IMO.

5. Danske

Danske Member

Yeah, I suppose you're right that is the closest thing but its still too big for me.

I guess I'll just stick with the N5 til something comes out :(.

Anyway I'll stop shitting up this thread and go back to my N5 thread! :D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  6. DuaNo

DuaNo Member

It's either the Sony Z3 or Nexus 5 for me, Nexus 6 is way over my budget and is a tad too big.

Why have they followed apple price wise? :thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:

7. mils1

mils1 Member

Nexus 6 makes good use of the screen vs actual size, just wished it was 5.2" and half the price.

8. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

For those people suggesting the price on the Nexus 6 might be a bit high, I'd suggest you check out the Kingzone K1 Turbo. While the features aren't comparable, the phone is feature rich with a sub-$400 AUD price tag.

9. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

I'm not seeing anything there that lines up with the specs of the n6
    That phone would be comparable to a N5 if anything

10. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Funny, I think I said the same thing in the post you quoted.

11. insty

insty Member

Android 4.2

:lol:

12. thecondor

thecondor Member

Why wouldn't you just buy a nexus 5 if you where going down this road?

It doesn't even do 4g.

13. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Don't worry mate, you've just confused the hell out of everyone by posting something completely irrelevant in this thread, as well as starting its own thread :thumbup:

14. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

The Nexus 6 is delivering very basic features at a really premium price. By basic, I mean, vanilla Android with nothing outstanding. Average camera, average sound quality, average screen (not so good colour accuracy), average battery life and average performance (compared to phones in the same price range). The only thing which got my attention was the Moto Turbo Charge feature.

Most of what's on the Nexus 6 is on the Note 4, which will be much cheaper than the Nexus in 2-3 months time. While most who choose a Nexus wants vanilla Android, I would rather swallow Touchwiz than pay premium price for something which isn't quite flagship material. At least I get expandable memory, removable battery, colour accurate screen and the S-pen, which I will rarely use :p .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  15. rockuman_ex

rockuman_ex Member

This is why I'm skipping this nexus.

I skipped nexus 4 & 5 just because I'm an anti LG, I'm skipping this one because it's ridiculously overpriced.

I'm getting a gnote 4... :thumbdn:

16. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

What absolute horseshit. Average nothing. You can count on 1 hand how many latest gen phones have 2 x stereo front facing speakers, plus the same for pixel density and 3200mah batteries.

There's a tonne to be said for vanilla android too. (although I'll be going the cyanogenmod route anyway)

17. berry580

berry580 Member

I believe there is nothing wrong with the hardware, it is top notch. What keeps it from selling like hot cakes like iPhones is because it simply doesn't have an OS that's as polished as the iOS as well the superior integration of all those quality third party apps.

No hardware will change that notion, however adding useful software, which is what Samsung is trying to do, can. One typically get many wrong before one right, that's why Samsung has tonnes of those useless bloatwares preloaded.

18. OP
    OP
    Oppressa

Oppressa Member

Just came in to say: LOL

19. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

I'm sorry, but this comment is just rubbish. Android L is just as fast, polished and pretty as iOS. In fact considering its not simply a grid of icons I'd go as far as to say its prettier than iOS and far closer to a real OS than an operating system deliberately locked down by Apple will ever be.

In fact, it wasn't until Apple started copying Android in iOS 7 that iOS actually started resembling something more than a simplistic mum and dad interface.

I also class vanilla android to be a premium feature, not to mention the ability to root and flash a custom ROM with minimal issues due to the fact the device is a Nexus product. The last Samsung device I installed a custom ROM onto in order to try and escape the joke called Touchwiz ended up being a buggy nightmare.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  20. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Rubbish, complete and utter rubbish. What will stop it from selling like hotcakes is it doesn't have an apple logo on it.

What will stop this from also selling like hotcakes like an apple product is it's too damned big. Put in on a copier at 85% and it'd be sweet.