Google Nexus 7 (2013)S4 Pro 1.5GHz/7" 1900x1200 Display/Qi/16gb+32gb/WiFi/LTE

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I've been playing around with a friends Nexus and I am contemplating on getting one of these. I've always owned an iOS device, currently an iPhone 5. Never owned a tablet before and currently in the household my gf already has an older iPad and a Windows Surface Pro. Will be reading up through this thread to see what the feedback is like. I've just finished reading a few reviews of the Nexus and it looks good. :thumbup:

Edit: bought the 32GB LTE for $418 @ Harvey Norman.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

nice, i fell for the 32wifi today ($289)

edit - need a "smart" cover. any recommendations ?

3. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

ASUS Premium case is the only decent one I could find locally. Extremely surprised at the perfect fit and yet maintains the slim'ness of the Nexus 7. :thumbup:

4. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

i bailed on the asus one in store (good guys) because the sales drone couldnt assure me it would fit the N7.2

the one treggs has looks good

if you read this treggs, does it do the screen on/off with the cover ?

edit - found treggs's links in the whirpool thread

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. aaaaah

aaaaah Member

If you don't mind my asking where'd you find one for that price?

6. dave-

dave- Member

Does that one do the screen on/off? Was going to get a yumcha ebay one but seems a lot of them are poor fits.

7. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

good guys at mt gravatt... had to kill some time, walked in with the intention of not buying one ....

dick smith is doing them for 299 iirc, good guys had 294 on the sticker, drone gave me 5 bucks off without any mucking around. i might have been able to get it for the dse (one day only) 278 but lacked patience :lol:

i'm just ordering one of these --> http://dx.com/p/nillkin-protecive-3-fold-pu-leather-case-for-google-nexus-7-ii-black-244363

8. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I don't think it does, I manually press the button. I don't mind it though. I was just getting it temporarily until I get one I liked and didn't want to leave it unprotected. But it's definitely a keeper.

9. leonheart1

leonheart1 Member

Is anyone interested in a bulk buy of Moko cases from Amazon?

$27 for just one, $20/each for 2, $18/each for 3, $16.2/each for 5. Cheaper and faster shipping than eBay and you know it's the real thing.

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'd go in a groupbuy for a poetic slimline.

11. Deltoid

Deltoid Member

Picked up one of these yesterday ($299 32GB WIFI from DSE. OfficeWorks have them for $294 but didn't have stock).

In the market for a case now. Recommendations?

12. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

Anything that's slim, front and back cover with the wake lock function is good enough. Just don't get those bulky ones with swivel, keyboard and whatnot.

I'm using the Verus Saffiano K lether case on mine, and I've used another Verus case for my N7 2012 also. Love both of them and quality of them is great (Korean made).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  13. Deltoid

Deltoid Member

Thanks I will check it out. I have a Nillkin case on my nexus 4 and think its great so I will check those out too

14. leonheart1

leonheart1 Member

Unfortunately the Amazon seller for the poetic is insane and charges beyond exorbitant shipping prices. Even if you buy 10, each poetic slimline case would still cost $29 USD. As a comparison, eBay has them for $24 AUD. I don't know any places to get them cheap.

Is there a reason why you prefer it over Moko? Is it because it's lighter?

15. dave-

dave- Member

That looks like the best one I've seen so far, they're not cheap though. Now to see if I can find an eBay seller with genuine stock.

16. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Ah fair enough, no biggie I can settle for the Moko. I only watched a review and the poetic seems to be more secure, as in it has more and spread out magnets. That plus I prefer the poetic's back. Anyway count me in.

17. Asako

Asako Member

I like my Moko, the only issue with it is Qi doesn't work while it is in the case, due to the lump on the back keeping it just -that- too far away. Having to take the tablet out of the case to use Qi kinda negates the usefulness of wireless charging. So I just plug it in. A shame, because Qi sounded quite useful.

18. Treggs

Treggs Member

Yes it does but I have had a small problem with mine. The magnet isn't positioned exactly to work properly on mine but some some unknown reason when I swapped with my wife they both worked perfectly. First problem I have had with a Nillkin case out of half a dozen over various devices. I've ordered a poetic slimline to try.

19. flagger

flagger Member

I have 3 cases for my N7 2013:

1. Nillkin Smart PU leather case. Quality is ok, it is light and slim. Looks elegant. The one I have doesn't have the stitched seam, so where it rotates around there is a bump. The hole for the volume buttons is too big, so trying to feel where the volume down is a bit of a pain. The other problem I have with it is inside the front cover, where the folds are, the fabric is indented. This causes dust to build up on the screen when the case is closed. I also had 1 other issue, but it is going away as the case ages, when folding the stand up, it would unfold. This is because the plastic backing is smooth and doesn't provide enought friction to be held in place. However as the folds in the front cover age, it doesn't need as much friction from the backing to keep it in place. It also has no clasp to keep it closed when not it is not in use.

2. 360 rotating PU leather case. Pretty low quality, the plastic backing has a lot of defects on the edge, is bulky but it is really cheap. Nice that it swivels into portrait mode though. Has an elastic strap to keep it closed. Stand mechanism is OK, but it is easy to knock out of position. Seen it for ~$7 after I bought this :(

3. Fabric covered flip case. The best case by far. Feels really nice, stands up really well and magnet works well. No clasp, so doesn't stay shut if not in a bag/pocket. Inside of front cover is flat, so it doesn't leave lines of dust like the Nillkin does.

All 3 cases had working magnets for On/Off functionality.

20. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

One thing I forgot to ask, I initially got a $30 prepaid data pack when I got the 32GB LTE which came with 700MB and basically all the credit got used up within 24hrs. I discovered that somehow this thing sent about 8 MMS. So I called Telstra and got my credit back and today I barred messaging so that this is just pure data. Did something similar happen to anyone else's?