1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Nexus 7 (2013)S4 Pro 1.5GHz/7" 1900x1200 Display/Qi/16gb+32gb/WiFi/LTE

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by 2SHY, Apr 3, 2013.

1. kha-khees

kha-khees Member

Not really sure about that, since it seems to be listed as in stock at a majority of JB stores. That coupled with lack of promotion... how are they going to sell it to walk-ins if they don't even list it in a catalogue or on the display with the other tablets?

They don't even say its a new product on their webpages and don't do anything to distinguish it from the previous model. But then that's pretty much the way google has handled this itself so retailers aren't really to blame.

Next time i'm in one i'll just ask, but would rather a moment to play with it without a salesperson hovering over me. I'm 90% sure but without that time to handle it...

2. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

Just buy it, no need to think! :p Or play around with the old N7 and imagine it being thinner, lighter, twice as fast with a full HD screen. If you're set on Android and a 7" tablet, this is the best choice, period.

3. Mattu

Mattu Member

got a mate to pick up a 32gb wifi for $310 up from JB Hifi in Perth as I'm on site at the moment.

Screen looked like this :(

[​IMG]

jb hifi exchanged it and its all checked using a dead pixel app.

now the wait till i return back to perth to use it!

4. 5p1k3y

5p1k3y Member

Got mine on release date. Loving it so far. No issues at all here that I can tell.

Also, just letting everybody know the Nokia DT-900 charging mat works for the nex 7 :) added bonus for me. Could possibly find a cheap charging mat somewhere too I think DSE had them for $12 a few months back.

5. kha-khees

kha-khees Member

Hah yeah I'm pretty set on it, but like I've said I've had the 1st ipad for several years so I'm happy to wait a little longer. I'd probably be typing this on the N7 already if it had an SD slot rather than a crappy camera. :p
    They finally had it out yesterday at JB and the good guys. Didn't check anywhere else, southern melbourne 'burbs.

Dammit, how do people get them to do 310? I've seen a photo of a good guys invoice for that much too, from the geelong store but round here they would only do 330.

6. Mattu

Mattu Member

I used that invoice. They should price match! I actually emailed one store first and they agreed to do it. Then i called a closer store where my mate lived and they were willing to honour it.

7. Shaetano

Shaetano Member

8. Treggs

Treggs Member

Nillkin case finally arrived (Auspost are slackers). Included screen protector went on easy and is pretty nice so I wont be in a rush to remove it when I receive the Spigen Ultraclear I ordered. Case adds very little bulk to the tablet and wireless charging works fine with the case on using all of the wireless chargers I have.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. oh_noes

oh_noes Member

Yep - I'm in the same boat. I don't use my N7 enough as us.

I think I know why too. 1) I should have gotten the LTE version which makes it a lot more functional on the bus/coffee shop and 2) messaging support. Having to grab my phone to reply to an SMS sucks.

Messaging is one thing app integrated perfectly and seamlessly. With imessage you can reply to a essentially an SMS (obviously only from other Apple users) from any devices (Macbook, iPad or iPhone). Hopefully Google can pull off integration in KitKat 4.4 so when I'm sitting my fat ass on the couch I can reply to other Android users from my N7.

10. MaximusSmurf

MaximusSmurf Member

Check out mysms... I freakin love it. Use it to send SMS's from my Google Nexus phone from my PC when I'm at work, heaps easier than having to pickup your phone all the time. I'm pretty sure there's a tablet app for it too (or you can use their fairly slick web interface). So you can text from tablet, send it via data to your phone. Then phone does the actual SMS sending.

Yep just checked there is a tablet app for it;
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.tablet

11. Mattu

Mattu Member

I bought that nillkin case too! It's coming from Shenzen, China tho... How long did yours take to arrive?

I bumped into this a couple nights ago, made the purchase after some hesitation and now it's on the front campaign page!
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/liquid-sapphire-scratch-resistant-touch-screens

Also bought this! Mini MicroSD Card Reader.
    [​IMG]

unlocked bootloader, rooted and flashed with elementalX 1.3 kernel, trwp recovery, carbonrom and overclocked to 1.8ghz/GPU 480mhz. Ran antutu and got a score around 26k

I think i may need to reflash tho. Real Racing 3 doesnt run and chrome keeps crashing =/

12. tzortst

tzortst Member

I'm using this, works well. Also send notification if someone calls https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mightytext.tablet

13. Treggs

Treggs Member

Was a couple of days from China to Sydney and then over a week from Sydney to Adelaide. Bloody auspost slackers. According to tracking it hit Sydney 11am last Monday and I received it yesterday afternoon. I paid for faster shipping too :mad:

14. htpcfan

htpcfan Member

+1 for integrated tablet messaging.

I've looked at the MySMS and MightyText apps recommend on here and I don't like that you're using another companies services to send and receive all your messages.

I haven't installed it yet (I'm at work) however this app looks much more palatable in my opinion, as it doesn't send your texts through some third party server:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apdroid.tabtalk

15. islade

islade Member

Probs off-topic but...

How does Mighty Text make money? It looks like it's free and they have servers to run.

16. Asako

Asako Member

Anyone got OTG cables that definitely work on the 2013? Seen many reports of older cables that worked fine on the 2012 not working on the new one.

17. MaximusSmurf

MaximusSmurf Member

Anyone know any decent walk in deals on these? Kogan @ $259 seems pretty hard to beat, but would rather somewhere I can just walk in and pickup.

Would love the LTE version.... can't justify the extra $200 though :(

18. oh_noes

oh_noes Member

I'm in the USA at the moment and I'm NOT happy that you can't buy the Nexus 7 LTE anywhere locally. Even Google have my account associated as Australia and it wont let me (1) buy it at the US price and, (2) ship it to a USA address.

I was really looking forward to running around LAX and NYC with it.

*sigh*

</First world problems>

19. MaximusSmurf

MaximusSmurf Member

Can't buy it from Amazon and ship to a US address?

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-...qid=1380513771&sr=8-1&keywords=google+nexus+7

20. archie

archie Member

I believe best buy is supposed to have it soon, perhaps not soon enough for you?

Edit: ready for store pickup http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nexus-7...d=1846014&st=nexus 7&cp=1&lp=1&contract_desc=

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013