Google Nexus 9 Tegra K1 2.3GHz/8.9" 2048x1536/16 or 32GB/Wi-Fi/LTE/6.7Ah

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Cpt.J.Sparrow, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mils1

mils1 Member

The biggest issue I have with tablets is the fact android & ios can't crossover into windows territory, the mobile/tablet region for microft is a non event. Some might say the surface is close but the uptake is still slow, ultrabooks seem more appealing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. flu!d

flu!d Never perfect, always genuine

This comment I find interesting. iOS is far too controlled/limiting to become a mainstream desktop OS, but I see no reason whatsoever why Android cannot become a real desktop OS, about the only thing Android lacks over Windows is true multitasking - Give Android the ability to have a number of apps open at once in their own windows and Microsoft would have a real threat on their hands IMO.

3. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

Can you explain that bit to me? What's the difference between alt tab windows multitasking and android version?

4. flu!d

As far as I am aware, the apps that aren't in focus go into some sort of hold function while the app in focus is being used - There doesn't seem to be that true multitasking that is taken for granted under a full desktop OS.

5. dainese

dainese Member

would something like touchwiz's multi windows work? Not that anyone wants TW :o

6. flu!d

Touchwiz's multi windows feature is a bit of a band aid solution, I think the feature really needs to be supported from an OS level.

7. le_p

le_p Member

Does anyone know when we can pre-order the LTE version, and their possible availability?

8. archie

archie Member

Yeah I'm waiting too

9. berry580

berry580 Member

Samsung's multi screen function doesn't have enough supported apps to be useful. I bought a tab s and found the function useless when I wanted to browse to research and type documents on the Google doc simultaneously because Google doc doesn't support it. I sold the tab in after 2 months.

No sign of it being integrated into lollipop natively as far as I'm concerned

10. Carey

Carey Member

11. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

Lollipop has been updated in the last day or so, review tablets had the older android.

12. archie

archie Member

the US LTE version is just passing FCC. hopefully the international version is not too behind!

13. Carey

Carey Member

Yeah I see that, but even my N5 has improved battery on the older LPX13D build. A little worrying for mine that battery should ever be that bad on a tab but I suppose we shall see. I hope it comes good.

14. power

power Member

So their main beefs are, hmmm.

but the good sounds really good

15. berry580

berry580 Member

My Nexus 9 had been shipped. I'm reluctant to use the tab without a screen protector. Does anyone know where I can get one without waiting for 2 weeks or pay $40 shipping for express international? Thanks

16. flu!d

My Nexus 9 has been shipped also, Looking forward to my new beast, feel like I'm abandoning my Nexus 10.

17. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

Delivered:

[​IMG]

18. Ron007

Ron007 Member

After reading the mixed reviews, this tab appears to have some of the flaws that I feared it might. Being an HTC built device I wasn't expecting cheap poor build quality would be on the list though. Disappointed as I was really looking forward to a new nexus tab to try out Lollipop on. Oh well, when you factor in price and lack of storage I'm glad I decided to wait for reviews and didn't jump the gun. I don't like my chances, but maybe I'll get one during those HTC sales next week for $199.

Best of luck for those who have one coming, I hope you don't get a lemon like most of the review units seem to be.

19. Bastard Child

Bastard Child RIP

Nice tablet, not sorry I got it because I need a decent 4:3 screen, but it's not $589 good.

Wait for sales.

20. Zee

Zee Member

Anyone out there have a Shield to compare it to?

Z...