Google Pixel 5" & Pixel XL 5.5" Phones 2016 - Oct 4th Release!

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Danske, Mar 5, 2016.

1. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

So like holding your thumb just below the screen in the bottom left? While the screen is on?

2. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

yes............. like do you want me to record it so you can see that i'm holding it JUST below the screen, while it's on..... in the bottom left.....

3. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

When you get the replacement, I'm sure it'll be fine.

4. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Im confused :confused: where do i hold it and for how long ?

5. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

Bottom left hand corner under the screen, the bezel I guess?

6. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Andy, mate, you got a lemon......

7. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Seems that way. Anyway will see how the new one goes when I get it back (whenever that is..) at least I can enjoy my nexus 5x for a while longer :D

One thing I do miss about the pixel is that beautiful wake up alarm of the water gently rushing down a stream and then the futurama esque tubular bells.. ahh.. I think it's the nicest way I've ever woken up! Better than the "DO IT! JUST DO IT!" shia labeouf alarm I have on my 5x as my "last" alarm. Scares the shit out of me everytime.

EDIT ARGH! I'm cursed! I sent the phone back two days ago but today reception bought it back to me.. apparently the courier wouldn't take it and threw it at the postie....?? WTF? Fuck Telstra

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  8. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

When I heard that alarm tone I thought the sound of water flowing in the morning might make people pee the bed :lol:.

Alas, I haven't peed the bed.

9. money_killer

money_killer Member

10. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Contract is up this year, October-ish

Keen to see some iterative upgrade cycle action...

12. Clem

Clem Member

Just jumped onto the Beta program with the XL.
    Not sure what the updates are yet, but i'm sure we'll see something.
    Can't complain about battery life as I have been happy with what i have been getting so if it adds to that i'm OK.

EDIT: So installed Aqua Mail and then uninstalled it, screen went into stand by mode and was unable to get it out, power button, fingerprint scanner and doble tap.
    Now to send this to Google.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  13. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

SO I'm getting to the point of considering selling my Fujifilm X100S camera, purely for the fact(s) that I haven't fully learnt how to use it to it's full potential (been using it as a point and shoot), and the Pixel takes equally as good of a photo with less error (as a point and shoot), faster to take the pic and less of a device to carry around.

In an ideal scenario I'm sure the X100S will take a better photo but at this stage I don't want to muck around with settings and all that if I'm hiking or something. Just a thought I'm considering.

14. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

As good as the camera sensor is on the pixel, it's still extremely tiny and the low light capability of the aps-c sensor on the fuji will always beat it.
    But if you're not taking many low light pics or need to zoom in / take portraits. Then I guess it makes sense.

15. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

Oh yeah for sure, I agree.

I can't help but think now if I'm going on a hike where space and weight is limited, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to take my fuji. Which is a shame obviously because I bought the thing and it's a great camera.

Maybe I'm not giving it a chance and just thinking #PIXELLYF.

16. Fireblade

Fireblade Member

Bluetooth is now so bad it's not usable. It's now actually just turning itself off randomly. In my car it's almost constantly connecting and disconnecting. On my 25min trip home from work it's doing it at least 10 times. I turn it on manually and a few minutes later it's off. It won't pair with my cycling computer at all anymore and bluetooth headphones aren't worth trying due it stuttering badly. Tried my old Sony last night with the car and cycling computer and it worked first time, no probs.

Considering a factory reset to see what happens.

17. jclei

jclei Member

Im subscribed and active on the google support topics for bluetooth issues for my Pixel. There are hundreds of posts on it and the guys on the beta program are saying 7.1.2 hasnt resolved a thing.

I was planning on bluetooth headphones over xmas but chose to buy some wired ones instead given how many issues i have had with bluetooth music streaming with this phone. It has been nothing but awful.

Feel free to do a factory reset but just an FYI - everyone who has tried that has reported it did nothing

18. OP
    OP
    Danske

Danske Member

Ohhhh is this a Pixel thing? I thought it was my crappy $2 bluetooth dongle I'm using :lol:. I have noticed it disconnecting a few times now.

Or maybe it's both ay?

19. jclei

jclei Member

Could be both but there is a huge following on the google support forums for a heap of varied bluetooth related issues. A lot of angry people on there.

At least they kept the headphone jack or im sure it would be much more publicised

20. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

I use my phone bluetoothed to my car stereo exclusively when in the car, and also use my sena head set bluetoothed when on my bike. No issues here?

Could it be the bluetooth device is sub BT 4.0?