GoPro Hero 3+ (New Version Released!)

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by DaCrusader, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Member

I was looking at a Hero2 just this week trying to decide if it was right for me. Just when I decide yep I'm going to buy one, they release the Hero3...

Good thing I'm not in a great rush and I hadn't already bought the 2.

Anyone know any good reputable sites that I could potentially order from in the US to ship over here?

The GoPro site doesn't seem to allow the preorder option from an Australian address.

2. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

3. evade

evade Member

4. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

5. clonex

clonex Member

Thats the problem with the GoPro, 99.9% of the stuff looks awesome and makes you want to buy one yet 99.9% you'll never done anything as exciting as shown in the videos and if you do you'll need to spend hours post-processing it to get any decent quality footage from it

6. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Depends if you're a pussy ;)

I've got a lot of awesome gopro videos that looks fantastic. Often mount it on my motorbike for mountain riding or on my dirt bike for offroading, in fact right now I'm importing videos off my Hero2 from this mornings dirt bike trip :D

Sometimes use it in the car too :thumbup:

7. theicemagic

theicemagic Member

I have to agree... I've not had much use of mine yet, but most of it has always been impressive. Once I'm better at snowboarding, let the good times role. ^_^

8. kangathekat

kangathekat (Banned or Deleted)

no way can they justify $90 shipping to aus. i routinely get big ass keyboards shipped over from the US and they only cost a max $60.

9. MorgzMods

MorgzMods Member

I'd love to see some footage, can you youtube it and link us/me via PM?

My opinion is the same! was talking to the guys at work about getting one, being in I.T we were all kind of dreaming of doing stuff like that, when one turns to me and goes 'find some way to mount it next time you go wakeboarding'

Yeah it sounds crazy ridiculous. I wonder if it'll work out cheaper than buying and paying postage from an Aussie reseller.

10. decryption

decryption Member

Agree - microSD cards are generally slow and the fast ones are significantly more expensive than the same capacity fast SD card :(

Also, I wonder if this does clean HDMI output? Could do some very nice multicam stuff with these and a Blackmagic ATEM switcher, considering their price & size.

11. Jenkins

Jenkins Member

I saw that post earlier. I was more meaning US sites that might not charge $90 to ship to Aus like the official one apparently does.

Like a US based digitalcamerawarehouse or something.

If there are none then a local site and paying more is an option I'll consider.

12. kryzak260

kryzak260 Member

I have found shipping from B&H Photo in New York to be quite reasonable. You would probably pay around $35-$50 for a go pro, but it would be here in 3 or 4 days. It would take an Aussie shop the same or longer to get one to me in Perth from the eastern states.

13. OP
    OP
    DaCrusader

DaCrusader Member

That is what you will find from most places.

14. kryzak260

kryzak260 Member

I showed this video at a party tonight - i reckon there are at least 3 or 4 orders coming through now!

Bugger. I guess i will have to use PriceUSA or something like that. GoPro can go jump if they think im paying $90 for shipping or paying the same premium before shipping costs though an Australian reseller. fkers.

15. Kow

Kow Member

$90 is insane. maybe if we can get $90 postage if we buy 10 at a time maybe.

16. ItsDanK

ItsDanK Member

I really want one for scuba. I was so close to getting the Hero 2 only a week or so ago and didn't, bullet dodged!

I'm assuming I'll need to spend big on a class 10 or better microSD as well...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  17. viper287

viper287 Member

Looking at the silver edition, it looks like a Hero 2 in a smaller body and added wifi. The black edition provides more resolution...etc

Do you guys think the black edition is worth the extra 100 bucks?

18. Tinian

Tinian Member

For 1080p60, 1440p48 and 720p120 modes? Most definitely. :thumbup:

19. WhatMACHI

WhatMACHI Member

In addition if also has less lag when taking photos ill be happy too. Im pretty sure the faster CPU will assist with this.

20. aokman

aokman Member

It looks great but they seem to have not addressed the battery life with is already pathetic on the HERO2, well both of mine are anyway...

Most overseas shops wont sell to Australia, GOPRO embargo thing.