1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gorgeous Valiant

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by maddcore, Dec 15, 2011.

1. maddcore

maddcore Member

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

Had fairly limited time (setting sun) and spent a bit long lighting the daytime shot with the city in the background, so don't have as many angles as I'd like :tongue:

Any comments, questions or feedback is welcomed

2. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

stunning machine mate. love the last one with the legs :D brilliant!

i think the only think i'm raising my eyebrows about is the choice of setting is kind of too similar in hues to the car's colour, which removes a bit of the pop factor for me.

3. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

lol @ #6

Its a nice looking car but I agree that the locations and the processing probabluy dont do the car justice.

The Tint and the Sky in #1 are a bit greenish/aqua on my monitor. The colour of the car is different between shots #1 and #2

I reckon you need to scout some better locations and reshoot

4. OP
    OP
    maddcore

maddcore Member

Valid feedback so far, thanks guys

As for the location, I'll take it on board for next time as I kind of agree about it being plain and too close in colour to the car, but for this shoot it was chosen because of shot #6, which is killer imho :) Owner loves the city view in the daytime shot, so I guess he's happy, but no reason I can't do better for my next client

5. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

I reckon the car could have been another 3 metres forward so the tree wasnt growing out of the roof.

Not sure on that image what that meshy stuff is seen through the passenger window ?

The green reflection on the front grill is a bit distracting also. A quick and Dirty desaturation brush on that spot will fix it though as its basically going to look B&W anyway

6. OP
    OP
    maddcore

maddcore Member

:leet:

I've shown the guy a proof of that same image where I just cloned out that tree trunk (I'm historically a fashion/portrait photographer who knows to check for trees growing out of peoples heads but I missed that on the day :o ), but good pickup on the green area in the grill

The "meshy stuff" is the shadow from the back window blinds hitting the interior of the car... I could shoop them out, but the blinds are very iconic of this style of car... Maybe I'll just ask him for his point of view on leaving/removing that.

Thanks for your comment :thumbup:

7. seb

seb Member

Gotta love a car with venetian blinds on the back window.

8. Alby1976

Alby1976 Member

Beautiful looking VC Val.

9. OP
    OP
    maddcore

maddcore Member

Dude is going to strip the buttery cream interior and go black, with original buckets :(:o

And bigger cubes under the hood too

It's just such a beautiful car I wouldn't change it, but I almost trust him based on him base on how it looks now, it shows he has taste

10. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Nice car, only thing I can say is if you're gonna do chrome parts takes something to dust / buff them before shooting.

11. matt-chops

matt-chops Member

Nice shots. A 225ci slant six gets my engine running every time.

One critique though... don't mess with Hemi orange. In #4 you've made it red. Best be careful or you'll have hoards of Mopar fans after you. :D

12. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Gorgeous car. #6 is pretty great though the city in the background is distracting.

13. Ploddy

Ploddy Member

Just beautiful.

I had a 75 Galant and this shoot brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.

14. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

Gorgeous car.. gorgeous legs..

That last shot is fantastic - such a 'period' shot and like all good photos, it tells a millions stories about what was going on.

Only thing that kills the car (for me) is the MSD in the engine bay.

15. sbadman

sbadman Member

Speaking of Mopar fans, the leaning tower of power isn't a Hemi ;)
    My bad, read "orange" as "engine"

I love the VC's, gotta be my favourite shaped Valiant. That long runner inlet manifold is hard to come by these days!

Oh yeah nice photos too, but second the comments about the colour in #4, it looks too pink to me. Hemi Orange is supposed to be, well, orange!