Got a cat? Post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by AngelMoo, Nov 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Ohmigosh

Ohmigosh Member

:D Photo of hangry fluff being hangry please! Or vid! :thumbup:

Also I suggest going to a Pets Warehouse or similar to get one of those Jackson Galaxy "air prey" wand toys. All my cats (3) go absolutely mental over the toy and will play with them for ages. The feather bit mimics a bird in flight and the cats go into stalk/pounce/kill mode. It's a lot of fun for them, and also for us humans. Has definitely contributed to our youngest cat losing weight as a result of the exercise. The only downside is that the toy requires your involvement to make the "bird" fly. :)

2. shredder

shredder Member

Jimmy says hello: (he is just the most ridiculously sweetest boy you could imagine - he's my best buddy)

[​IMG]

Jimmy and Archer outside on their harnesses (they love it) :

[​IMG]

3. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Yes! Wand toys have been a staple for us. It satisfies their hunt and catch instincts better than a laser or something. Although the birds usually don't last us very long because we forget to put them away and they get mauled. The original is Da Bird but their two section wands are annoying. Happy House Cats in the UK makes their own version for a good price. They also make a larger variety of refills. We've tried most of them. Jumar goes nuts over the firefly one.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. shredder

shredder Member

We got one of these things recently -

[​IMG]
    (Kmart NZ - https://www.kmart.co.nz/product/action-teaser-cat-toy/1935855)

Takes 2 AA batteries, and when switched on, it sporadically spins this fluffy thing around in random directions for 15 minutes.

Archer doesn't care for it. Jimmy likes it though, especially when a sheet of newspaper is laid over it, to make it more mysterious and huntable. Not bad for 9 bucks.

5. power

power Member

the earlier ones took 3 AA's (did this change), only one of ours plays with it - be careful though they can get paws stuck in it so i wouldn't recommend leaving it on unsupervised.

6. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

It turns itself off after a while too which is good :)

7. shredder

shredder Member

You're quite right, it's 3 x AA, not 2.

(by-the-by, I ran out of spare AA's the other day, so I soldered up a quick fitting to run it off a single 3.7V lithium 18650, which works well)

#ghetto #thisisOCAU
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Update on Fiona the destructo-cat and the case of the back door flywire. I replaced the totally destroyed (she ripped a huge hole in it) fly wire with the pet mesh. So far, so good. I've heard her in the morning scratching at it, but she doesn't seem to have hurt it, and she doesn't seem to want to continue going at it. She also doesn't seem to have been climbing up it, I suspect they can't get their fingernails in it like on the ordinary mesh. Time will tell whether it survives, but so far, it's looking really good. Thanks for the suggestion (and the other endorsements).

Dodge M4S and Eclipsor like this.
  9. IzzyBlues

IzzyBlues Member

So my door opens very easily because the latch needs to be fixed. My cat has caught onto that so she stands on her legs to push my door open and she does this when I'm sleeping.

20181210_125252.jpg

funkysmurf likes this.
  10. broccoli

broccoli Member

Fiona is "weird". She comes in, she jumps up, she jumps down and off she goes. This morning, she came in, I got the full smooch-a-rama, purring, head butts, the whole nine yards, but only for a short while. Is this because she's young (it's a long time since I've had a young cat, mostly I've adopted mature adults), or is it just "her thing"?

11. shredder

shredder Member

First thought is "young, short attention span, easily distracted".

(sounds like one of my childhood school report cards, haha)

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

She acts like she's got ADHD. Ooh, I'll come and visit for a cuddle. See ya! What upsets me is that she'll stay on her cat tower which I can see from my bed. It's like "you could be over here doing that!!! :()

It'll be interesting to see whether she'll come and stay when she's older, or whether she'll stay a flibbertigibbet.

13. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Yeah good thing that she can't get her claws caught. Gizmo just got his stuck in my sub woofer's metal speaker grill and I had to help him get free lol.

14. broccoli

broccoli Member

Well, she might get them caught in the mesh on the budgies' aviary which I saw her leap on today. She's a worry, that one.

15. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  16. Azzan

Azzan Member

Thicc cat :lol: (not mine..)

Pinkeh likes this.
  17. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

C H O N K Y !

18. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my pussy cat Milo with our latest edition to the family.

Scarpetta, hollysmum and broccoli like this.
  19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Cat: this is a strange looking kitten.

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

They're both adorable, Drizz.

So my new cat has been here a couple of months. She came from the orphanage and she's only young. Last shop, I got some more expensive "gourmet" cat kibble. Upon opening some of the "blah" el cheapo crap, having finished the ladidah stuff, she turns up her nose. Seriously :D Are cats just born snooty? :D