Got a cat? Post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by AngelMoo, Nov 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Well they can tell good from bad food. Although good isn't necessarily expensive. The two strays we've got will devour the cheapo meat cubes we offer them from the butcher.

I saw this thicc kitty in another video, and the owners were feeding it 4x the recommended amount of kibble. It weighed nearly double what it was supposed to be. So the show host got them 4 full size pizzas and said that's how much they would be scoffing down in comparison, so they understood and stuck with the diet plan. :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. broccoli

broccoli Member

My other cat was 12 when I adopted her. She came to me with "she'll only eat this one brand of fish dinner" and now she eats everything. Fifi's not going to be choosing expensive dinners, she'll be getting what she's given :D As much as she might like the prawn and gold flake selection, she's not getting that all the time.

3. Azzan

Azzan Member

Cutest cat on youtube. :D

I thought it was fake at the start..

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

That guy's such a pussy.... :D

(2 mins in, that's what fiona does)

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Lol that's an unusual mutation

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

I trod on Fiona sitting in the dark in the hallway. She (understandably) objects and goes mental on my bung leg.
    WHY doesn't she bloody sit on her cat tower where I can't tread on her?

Dodge M4S likes this.
  7. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Moosh always sits on her tower. Gizmo just finds anywhere lol. They dont Like the heat though. IMG_20190120_122918.jpg

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Fiona seems unconcerned. Lily needed to go out for a wee so I left the door open for her and Fiona plonked herself down in the doorway. I had to encourage her to move to shut the door again after Lil came back in to keep the heat out. It's about a million degrees out there, why you'd want to sit there is beyond me.

9. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Both ours love nothing better than to sprawl out in the middle of a floor in the dark then act all agrieved when someone stands on their tail or something :p

10. shredder

shredder Member

Jimmy's white feet have saved him many a time! Little glow in the dark mushrooms that they are.

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

I'm sure Fiona's complete invisibility in the dark is due to her colour, but her decision to sit in the hallway in the middle of the night is perplexing.

12. power

power Member

she can see you! don't worry we have a grey cat and a white and black - the white cat glows in the dark and the poor little grey one is often invisible.

maybe i need a white floor!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  13. shredder

shredder Member

In the dark, I'm now conditioned to walk slowly, shuffle my feet, and warn the cats that I'm coming through as I walk. That way, they tend to respond/speak, if they are there, and usually also trot off. Not so bad in this house. In the last house the hallway between bedroom and bathroom was massively long.

14. Tinian

Tinian Member

My five-year-old does the same. When she decides to be sociable she's very friendly for ~15 mins. Otherwise it's a case of leave me alone.
    My other cat now meows so I don't trod on him.

15. broccoli

broccoli Member

My previous cats would do something. Fiona keeps quiet. She's not a talkative cat, she rarely says anything. I do shuffle about, just this time I didn't anticipate she would be where she was.

16. power

power Member

maybe grab a light hall runner so she's contrasted against it.

17. broccoli

broccoli Member

better yet, she can just learn that if you sit in hallways you might get stomped on, and stop sitting there..... :D

18. shredder

shredder Member

That's like our Archer, she hardly ever talks. It's like she just lacks the urge to vocalise. But is very intense with her body language, slinking around legs, standing upright to headbutt into your hand, forcing her way onto laps when she wants, and very expressive with her tail.

Jimmy on the other hand is near opposite, can endlessly shout his freaking head off when he wants something.

19. broccoli

broccoli Member

Like my other cat. We have "conversations" "wah wah wah wah" "I'm here, I've got the dinner, can't you see me? Stop yelling" "wah wah wah wah" "just wait" "wah wah wah wah"

20. sanjay

sanjay Member

so sawyer has been getting his poo in the tray a lot more frequently lately. we rotated the trays around so that they sit perpendicular to the doorway, rather than parallel. also got a huge 35l tub to put in the middle floor (the tray that both of them use more regularly).

still gets the odd one over the edge in the downstairs tray so we will probably deploy another 35l tub shortly.

i got a litter kwitter off gumtree cheap the other day...pretty game to start trying to toilet train them (if im cleaning up poo on the floor i may as well be cleaning it up off the side of the toilet while trying to train them to use it). anyone used one? got any tips?