Got a cat? Post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by AngelMoo, Nov 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

I posted this a few pages back in response to a similar question. Happy to answer any other questions. Now that Zeb has passed we've been considering attempting this again with just Jumar. He actually peed in the shower drain a few months ago. The only time in his 6 or so years that he has gone outside his litter box and he chose this. Such a good boy.

2. sanjay

sanjay Member

we've got three toilets in our house and the middle floor has just a toilet in a room with a sink (sounds like theres a bit more room around the loo than in your case too) which is why we thought we'd give it a go. that is the room that has the big litter tray in it at the moment so it really is a cat toilet room as it stands!

im not sure i'll be brave enough to run it without another tray elsewhere in the house but maybe we'll deploy it over the long weekend and see how we go.

3. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

Definitely sounds like a good house layout to try. I'm sure some cats would pick it up with no problems.

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

I started with Fiona, because she is young, and she was curious about the loo. I think she could learn it, but my other cat is too old and as I have to have the tray for her, there isn't that great an incentive to pursue it. When I lose her (she's got a few miles on the clock), I'll give it another go with Fi. I still leave it on the loo, with the tray with the hole in the middle. She hasn't got to the stage where she balances on the ordinary seat.
    One thing I noticed is that her angle(?) is different with wees and poos. She can wee right in the middle of the litterkwitter, but she poos more towards the edge. Even if she's only using it sometimes, it's less stinky wee in the normal tray.

5. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Discovered our two munchkins have got a bit of a nasty flea infestation the other day unfortunately, despite us religiously treating them. But then, they are outdoor cats. Truffles at least it's easy to spot them on, nuska's fur is a) double-coat and b) dark, so they're very hard to spot, but she had some too. So unfortunately had to give them both a shampoo today much to both their delight. Amazed neither my partner nor I lost any skin tbh, it stressed both cats out a shitload but it went alright as these things go. We were using revolution combined-flea-and-wormer, going to switch to frontline for a bit and see if that does better.

Obligatory picture of a very bedraggled cat not looking happy (OMG I cant get over how tiny she is once you get past the fur!):

[​IMG]

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

hmmm, ask your vet, but frontline was the one that I think has lost efficacy. When I adopted Fiona, they (rspca) had her on advantage.

Also, do you have Capstar? That's a pill that knocks fleas dead (not like the spot-ons that work over time), if you ever get an influx of the little buggers, you can give them that.

She looks so cute..... Suspicious, but cute :D

7. power

power Member

you'll be pushing shit uphill until you treat the source (hopefully it's just around your home).

8. Quadbox

Quadbox Member

Hmm, okay, I'll bear that in mind. Was planning on rotating them after three doses each anyways. No I wasnt aware of Capstar, will look into it

Yeap. They're insidious little buggers. Have bombed the house for now, which was thoroughly effective last time. Guess time will tell. Given they're both outdoor cats and truffles wanders a fair way a field, it's entirely possible he's picked it up way the hell away where I cant do much about it. At least they're very easy to spot on him, so pretty sure we caught it quickly. When we first got him as a rescue he had an absolutely attrocious infestation, like call animal welfare bad the poor thing. Got that under control and havent seen them in about a year since.

9. power

power Member

most fleas come from outside first. If they are indoors it's because they were first outside.

10. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

I lost a lot of my cat pics when my HDD kicked the bucket years ago including this photo but I forgot that I uploaded it to a cat group :D

12240329_10153298629100749_6768097134565347654_o.jpg

power, shredder and broccoli like this.
  11. broccoli

broccoli Member

I am a person! I can take up this whole bed! :D too cute

Dodge M4S likes this.
  12. power

power Member

one of our cats likes to lie about like this but she has short front legs :)

upload_2019-2-12_14-9-28.png

Dodge M4S likes this.
  13. broccoli

broccoli Member

My new cat has short back legs (maybe front too, I notice her back legs when I lift her up). Little munchkin legs.
    I don't think I've ever come across a cat that didn't do "the sprawl".

14. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

It amazes me how chilled out they get :D When she sleeps on my bed she's like a brick and wont even move when I need some blanket lol

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah I've never quite seen that, certainly not sleeping anyways.

16. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Trying to move her probably wakes her up I think she doesn't care lol :lol: I don't think my other cat sleeps, he just waits for me to wake up :Paranoid:

17. sanjay

sanjay Member

apparently cats will roll over on their back when they are comfortable and happy. otherwise they wouldnt do it cos it puts them in a position that makes them vulnerable to attack.

sawyer is always rolling around and lying on his back, zoe not so much, but she will often lie on her side and stretch out.

18. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

Both mine do it. I feel very special when they do :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MR CHILLED and power like this.
  19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Lol, I had quite a few when I was younger and none of them ever did this. Weird :lol:

20. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

733FE6C1-A117-4374-B3A5-15590668F704.jpeg

She’s such a hussy.