Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Juggs

Juggs Member

$3k desexing

not the little arsehole next door roams the enighbour hood doing what it likes
    i have a rural farm fence and gates but he kept trying to dig under whenever it rained

was a major anoyance but i live in a small rural town where everyone is related, i shit you not theres only 3-4 major family names here
    and i work with the guy

i didnt have her desexed as they were both purebreds and i wanted to breed from them

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Jack the Lad needs his nuts off.....

3. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Far out!! ... I see desexing as much a personal choice, but owners need to understand if they choose not to desex their dog/cat, that they should have things in place to prevent such incidents.

Sounds like in your case you've taken all the right moves, but the person with the horny male JRT has not.

Responsible pet ownership fail by them.

We've dubbed our rental "doggy alcatraz". Short of a dog jackhammering up tiles on one side, decking on the other, digging through a cement retaining wall and up 3-5m at the back, lifting / digging under 2 x 20kgs bags of cement, jumping 6 foot fences / gates with rollers on them, no other dog is getting in our yard.

I'd say the owner of the place must have had an intact dog as well, as it's remarkably well done!.

4. Juggs

Juggs Member

most breeders lock the dogs up in pens, I couldnt do that to a dog

I just wanted a couple of litters not for the money but because it was bloody hard to find corgis as the breeders re fucking mental retards of the highest order

and new a lot of people just wanting one for a pet

I had to drive to grafton just to pick ace up as no one would sell me a male

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

So, did Ace get his oats, or did he miss out altogether in favour of the neighbourhood riff-raff?

6. Juggs

Juggs Member

picture this sally getting serviced by the jack russell and ace humping sallys head

hes losing his balls in a few weeks as im not buying another bitch just to breed them

we were only going to do it because we ended up with a female and male

7. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Gees, talk about cutting someone elses grass.. douchebag move by Mr JRT right there.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Well, if Ace couldn't figure out the right end..... :D

9. clonex

clonex Member

Doesnt look comfy at all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

Do Corgi breeders tend to know each other? As in, is it a known circle of contacts?

My family has only ever had Corgi's as the family pet. Throughout my lifetime (24y/o), I've been lucky enough to almost always have a pet corgi in my life.

I'll be entering the "real-world" next year, and ideally would like to get a corgi puppy with the girlfriend, but have no idea on how to locate and pick breeders. The breeders of corgi puppies that bred our past (and current) corgi's all appear to be moving out of the breeding business.

---

Current dog: Lulu, 4y/o, enjoys leather couches and air-conditioners

Click to view full size!

11. Juggs

Juggs Member

im unsure on that what i do know is they were the most mental people ive ever spoken too

2 deemed me not fit to own their dogs cause they would sleep outside in summer

several required me to sign contracts saying if the docs wernt taken monthly to the vet for worming flea treatment they would reclaim the dog at my expense

it was only more regional breeders who would be reasonable with their requirements, we waited 2 years for ace

12. Inspyah

Inspyah Member

so what have we learnt... The corgi's will sleep inside ;)

Should've just signed the contracts. Good luck on them trying to enforce those terms. lol

13. Juggs

Juggs Member

had to a sign a contract from their solicitor so id say its enforceable

14. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Did they want a DNA sample and 100 points of ID to prove you were actually the person signing those documents?

Is part of their contract you and your new dog will wear GoPros at all times and upload the footage daily to them so they can ensure you and the dog are being looked after.

Seriously... the eliteist attitude from some breeders is probably what makes people go to puppy farms and pet shops to buy their dogs.

Luckily the breeder we are dealing with for our girl (who we pick up this weekend) has been absolutely wonderful.

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Some of them are just quite insane I'm sure of it.

I had to fill out a two page questionnaire to get my dog, what I do for a living, who I live with, how many people in the house, what my movements were during the day, where I live, my age, etc etc etc. Was utterly ridiculous. But I went through the process because I'd waited two years for him.

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Those two Corgi's are adorable. I want to get a Corgi. I'd be generic though and call it Ein :lol:

Maybe one day once my yard is properly fenced and I have more time to spend with a dog :D

17. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

For us we sent and enquiry email to a number of breeders detailing the home we can give the dog, a bit about ourselves and our lifestyle, and why we would like a dog.

Easy as that, and breeder we are getting her from replied she'd be delighted to supply us a puppy/dog.

18. touchwood

touchwood Member

Jack the lad's owner is the one who needs his nuts off, can't blame a dog for poor behaviour!

19. MB403

MB403 Member

Kato, 20 months old. My wife and I have had him since march. He is a re-home/rescue dog. My wife has never had a pet so its been pretty incredible to see the behavior and change in not only her but the mut as well.

Its took bout 4 months him to finally be settled/comfortable and semi obedient, patience and perseverance is paying off finally lol. Just like my last Border Collie this fella hasn't been very fond of routine change. But we're getting there.. :D

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

She's adorable. She looks quite "solid", is she a big girl? She's big enough to use as a cuddle toy. :D