Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

8 months old. Twice a day. About a cup of Dry dog biscuits for breakfast then dry dog biscuits and about 50g of dog sausage for dinner.

I suspect she's still getting used to having a home now as we've only been together since Sunday and she was found roaming the streets and have no idea how long and was out on her own fending for herself

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Yeah, probably a bit of a nervous thing. Also never been a fan of dog sausage. My two boxers had a lot of stomach issues as pups and this became fussy eaters. We put it down to the food the breeder was giving them plus a small infection in ones lower tract.

Maybe instead of the sausage try something like Tuna. We give ours a small amount of Tuna (just in the mineral water) and mix it through the kibble, leads to them being so intrigued by the smell\taste they just eat and dont worry about anything else.

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

She's hiding the food for later, she doesn't know yet that she'll be getting a regular supply. poor little girl :( Luckily, she's found a good home now. In time, she might stop stockpiling rations for later.

4. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

She seems to have a radar for old bones lol. When I took her to meet my Poppy I had her in the backyard for a short while (I couldn't stay out there for too long as his neighbours Kelpie lept over the fence into pops yard and I don't wanna leave her outside with a dog I don't know incase it decides to try and attack us. In the few minutes she was outside she somehow managed to find an old bone :lol: but I had to throw it away as it looked like an old cooked bone.

Then when she was over visiting Mum and Dad the other night she managed to find one of the old bones hidden around their property which she was happily chewing on :lol::lol:

So I got the idea of getting her a nice treat of a nice and fresh meaty bone. She picked it up, dumped it on the ground and ignore it then later that evening buried it next to the house (Thanks girl, better not start stinking :Paranoid:) then when we got home from Mum and Dads she was all silly from running around like an idiot trying to get Phantom to play (He's old and grumpy and generally not interested as she's like a spring and far too energetic for him) and didn't wanna sleep yet so I put her into the backyard to burn off some steam and she decided that 10pm in the pitch black was the best time to dig up her bone and chew on it :lol:

My parents are very fond of the little girl which is good, I'll have to take a photo later but she's looking very pretty with the custom made leather collar mum made for her :D

5. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

My boy loves his bones after a few days of open air fermenatation :lol:

I get the marrow bones cut into quarters, and from fresh he will generally lick the marrow out and then maybe spend a bit of time on the meat.

3 days later he will spend all day chewing on it once it becomes gross.

Would love to see a pic of your new girl!!

6. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

I finally have a puppy: Hotaru!

[​IMG]

7. broccoli

broccoli Member

Wait til the day when she decides not only to dig it up and chew it, but to bring it inside first. :D

Hotaru is gorgeous. Puppy clucky.....

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Lol I won't let her in the house. Currently having an issue where at my house she'll go to bed and be nice and quiet and just sleep. At mum and dads house she makes a hell of a noise and will not settle. I'm hoping if we ignore her in time she'll shut up and be quiet. Coz she's gonna need to stay here from time to time so she needs to be able to sleep quietly there too not just at home

9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

When my parents are home and i'm at work they'll go around and pickup my Kairi so she can keep Phantom company and vice versa. She really likes water and enjoys laying down in the kiddie pool I put in the backyard for her and she also loves the pond in my parents backyard. Problem is the mud at the bottom STIINKKKSS so everytime she goes it PHWOAR! It's still cute to see though.

Mine and Mum's job for Sat is to drain the pond and clean out the stinky mud at the bottom. That'll be.... fun :sick: :Paranoid:

Click to view full size!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  10. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Guarantee that will change :D Either you or your partner will fold.. it almost always happens.

"Nope, shes going to stay OMG LOOK AT THAT FACE.. come inside for pats and cuddles!!!!!"

or

"hmmm its looking like bad weather outside, but you can't be inside, but it's cold and wet outside. COME ON IN!!"

11. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Guarantee ignoring a dog barking through the night won't fix it.

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

She sleeps inside ;). It was more I won't let her in with a stinky old bone xD

At my house she sleeps soundly and the most noise she makes is snoring :lol: Is mum and dad's where we will have to stay overnight on occasion for the old dog/horses where she's noisy. Granted she is getting better but still whines. She loves her bed! My parents dog whines when I bring him to my place too but considering his age and the fact that their yard better to leave the two at Getting her used to their place makes more sense than getting Phantom adjusted to mine

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  13. Crusher

Crusher Member

Its been a few years since I posted here for an update.... my husky boy Wolf is now 10yo and still looks pretty much the same :)

[​IMG]

And a few months ago after a search for a friend for him before he gets too old to accept newcomers.... welcome to Ayva, a 3yo female husky from rescue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Ayva is adorable! I don't think it's ever too late for a dog to accept newcomers. My parents Weimaraner is either 11 or 12 this year and he accepted my dog just fine. He was wary at first and snapped at her for being too rough with him and generally being far too energetic but otherwise he's now accepted her and they get along just fine

Actually if anything given the choice I think my dog would much rather his company than mine :lol:

15. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, she's got a very pretty face. Wolf looks happy to have a girlfriend.

16. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

17. Crusher

Crusher Member

Thanks ":) Trouble is she knows she is pretty and makes full use of it shilling for pats from people at the dog park

18. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Wife picked up another mini Fox Terrier the other day not a bobbed tail this one.
    [​IMG]

19. summoner

summoner Member

My Alaskan Malamute Hannah.
    [​IMG]

Loves the beach
    [​IMG]

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

he's too cute