Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. timsarg

timsarg Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. macrocephalic

macrocephalic Member

Beautiful. I was pushing to convince my SO that we should adopt a grey, but when it came down to it, there's no way we'd be able to keep one in our yard. He'd be over the fence, or up and over the retaining wall in no time - if he wanted.

Instead we have another american cocker x poodle. He's really cute, but at less than 9 weeks old he's already terrorising our 1 year old.

3. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

This auto played from your vids:

Such a cool little dude!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  4. scips

scips Member

Tim: stop, moving in 6months and its going to be hard enough to get a rental with just 1 dog :p

Yeah, I love that clip, shows exactly what you get with a whippet. (sad that Kelly died, wonder what happened to tui)

Take today, I've gone for 2 bike rides of 30min each, both times hes just sitting around being lazy until he hears the garage door open, then hes up, stretched and ready to go, very misleading because everyone assumes I walk/run him twice a day when today was just I felt like going for 2 rides instead of 0 rides :p

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  5. timsarg

timsarg Member

bah greys don't even need to have an outside area

they do this more than jump fences

[​IMG]

6. money_killer

money_killer Member

Getting a purebred labadore retriever next week for the family. First family dog for the kids everyone is excited...

7. sanousie

sanousie Member

What cool vid, Pitty the dude has passed away from cardiac arrest when riding. Wonder what happened to the dog :(.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

This is a fail on the part of my dog... She was barking and I thought she needed me to open the back door. The back door was open. She'd tried to bring her marrow bone inside through the cat-flap and had gotten it stuck there so she couldn't get in. I'm glad she didn't succeed, I put up with a lot, but manky stinky bones inside is way outside the line.

9. CardboardTenant

CardboardTenant Member

Haha my dogs know they can't bring the bones inside. So when I call them in for bed, I see the torment as they look to the bone vs coming inside. Sometimes, every now and then, the bone wins.

10. broccoli

broccoli Member

My dog I used to have would stay out there all night for a bone. He loved them. You wouldn't see him, he'd be out there devoted to it. You'd have to go and fetch him to bring him in.

This dog wants to eat her treats right in the path of everyone and guard it against anyone wanting to go past. It's a pain in the neck.

11. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

what bones are you giving them? my boy gets through 300gram turkey or lamb neck within a few mins

12. eyeLikeCarrots

eyeLikeCarrots Member

Your post is wasted without pics..... pics make'th the post and we demand lab puppy pics.

13. money_killer

money_killer Member

Will do picking it up this Sunday

14. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Our girl doesn't get bones/raw bones at all.

But she does love going outside on her dog bed and staring at the stars (and then not coming back inside).

Which is kinda ironic given she sleeps inside, because she isn't an outside pooch at all, and woofs to be let in if put outside of a night to sleep.

15. money_killer

money_killer Member

8 week female labadore retriever [​IMG]

16. broccoli

broccoli Member

awwwww cute puppy.

17. macrocephalic

macrocephalic Member

Ours does the same. He only gets to be outside when someone is home to supervise him (since a snake incident when he was young). Now, if he's not hanging around then he'll be outside sitting on the end of deck looking at nothing on the street below.

We got another pup the other day - he seems to have settled in nicely. He woke us up at 4:30am crying for attention, then by 8am they were both like this.

[​IMG]

18. Foolio

Foolio Member

She is gorgeous. I have a lab and they have the best temperaments for families with kids. They can also be very cheeky and energetic when they're young which is good for kids I guess. Just dont over feed them and use food to train them. They LOVE food!

19. Nerdbox87

Nerdbox87 Member

Beautiful dogs - pretty much identical to our 2

6yo gold coloured female cavoodle and 3yo brown male spoodle :)

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

oh, noooooo. I love poodles, don't need any drop-dead-gorgeous cuteness to get me looking for one to adopt. :lol: