Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

:D one of my previous dogs used to go nutso when there was a doorbell on the TV, she thought it was someone at our house. Every. Single. Time.
    My dog now reacts to cats. They used to have this terrible commercial that had a cat yowl as part of it. Every. Single. Time. Thank god they aren't showing it any more (or I'm fast-forwarding over it)

firey4059 and Madengineer like this.
  2. scon

scon Member

I played a bit of the game "Stardew Valley" and in it you can go mining, there's a lift, when you use the lift it makes a ding-dong doorbell sound. Whenever my dogs were around and heard it they'd jump to their feet and run barking to the door.

Our's can't resist a freshly made bed. Such freaking princesses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doza turned 7 years old the other day. Happy Birthday Doz!

3. tobes

tobes Member

Metro trains decided to do night work while the trains where running around Oakleigh the other day. Everytime a train went past 3 detonators, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. Super fucking loud and setting off every dog in the neighbourhood including my two off for 5 hours...

firey4059 likes this.
  4. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Woke up at 1am with my hand in puke on the bed. Poor Soph had been sick all over the place including my bed, the couch and floor. No idea what from. Going to take her to the vet on Friday arvo. She was absolutely fine this morning when we woke up though.

Chalking it up to ‘sometimes dogs puke’. But the frequency of her doing it has me concerned.

Now I need to steam clean my mattress and couch and really work on the floors :(

5. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Eugh .. dog spew is the worst.

Was it only kibble in it, or blood, or any yellow fluid (stomach acid/bile)? Have her poos been regular/normal looking?

If it's just kibble and it's not constant uncontrollable spew, chalk it up to eating something she shouldn't have, or her food. If it's constant, or contains blood or bile, that's when to see a vet.

If she keeps spewing every so often might be time to change her food. If she has had a raw egg recently, keep in mind Woolies just recalled a stack due to potential salmonella poisoning, so that might be the cause as well.

6. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nah no blood, but there was also bile. First spew was all kibble. Hasn't eaten anything she shouldn't have.

7. broccoli

broccoli Member

Does she wolf her food?

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yes, but there wasn't any food for her to gobble down quickly.

9. broccoli

broccoli Member

Where'd the kibble come from?

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Her bowl. Like, when she'd puked, she'd had her dinner like, 2-3 hours before, and it wasn't enough for her to eat it quickly. It was given to her in small amounts to avoid her eating like a little piggy.

11. broccoli

broccoli Member

oh, I'd think it'd have been more digested after that time. Anyway, it doesn't sound like she's just regurgitating because she's wolfing.
    as for her spot on your bed, consider putting a cover down for her so if it happens again, you just have to wash her cover (unless she moves off it to spew on your stuff).

12. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    firey4059, broccoli and Madengineer like this.
  13. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Absolutely adorable! Doesn't look spoilt at all! :D

scon likes this.
  14. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

I often get accused of giving the dog more attention than the wife :p

15. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nothin wrong with that! :D

firey4059, scon and OhFoRkMe like this.
  16. firey4059

firey4059 Member

This is our nine year old Boxer, Tia. We've had three Boxers over our 26 year marriage and she's the most peaceful and gregarious Boxer bitch. A few years ago, we had to take her to a vet in Boronia for a TPLO (expensive knee surgery). She's did have a black face years ago, but a bit white in the face now. EDIT: Tried a couple of times to straighten the photo up, but seems to persistently appear at 90 degrees. ?
    IMG_5561.JPG

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    OhFoRkMe likes this.
  17. OhFoRkMe

OhFoRkMe Member

She is gorgeous fiery.

Wife doesnt like bigger dogs than Lily but Boxers and Goldens seem to be the only exceptions, I think I know what our next dogs will be :)

18. scips

scips Member

He's really enjoying the new balcony

Attached Files:

firey4059 and broccoli like this.
  19. firey4059

firey4059 Member

Our last two boxers have been rescue/re-homed. I think we'll always get rescue dogs from now on. Shh, don't tell Tia, but we won't get another short hair dog again. Even with a fantastic Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner, a great Miele dog/cat vacuum and a good brush every day for Tia, the house always obvious dog hair.
    First world problems *sigh*
    Cam.

20. broccoli

broccoli Member

Depends on the dog, I think. My little dog isn't a shedder. I've been lucky with my dogs, they've all not had a problem with leaving hair about.

firey4059 likes this.