1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a dog? post it here!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Modafroman, Jul 10, 2006.

1. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

yeah, being desexed doesn't change the markings - it can affect it, but not for all dogs - they will generally mark less, but not all the time

2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Ah fair enough. Well thankfully any time now her owner will be picking her up and I won't have to put up with stepping in wet patches anymore :lol:

the_fuzz likes this.
  3. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Could be kidney related too.. owner should get it checked if shes like that at home.

the_fuzz likes this.
  4. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Was at the playground today, and saw a lady in a motorised wheelchair walking her dog. Now the dog was sniffing around looking like it was going drop a deuce... how would the lady pick up the poo?

5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

She might have pick up / grabber stick?

6. mjunek

mjunek Member

Quite simple, be a good citizen and give her a helping hand.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

There are pooper scooper things you can use, I have one here at home for my dog, but I'm thinking this lady probably just leaves her doggie doo doo in the wild.

8. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Karma dictates if left there eventually she'll run over a juicy freshly laid dog egg one day, and be unable to clean it off the wheels.

9. Jumpingmanjim

Jumpingmanjim Member

Fupi the dachshund who lives next door has been sneaking in through a hole in the fence she's found into our yard, coming inside through the doggy door, eating Jane's (our poodle) biscuits out of Jane's bowl then going back home through the hole in the fence when she's finished everything off.

randomman and ruffdayz like this.
  10. mjunek

mjunek Member

That's a sneaky sausage for you! Cheeky buggers.
    Mine would do that, if he wasnt so lazy.

11. Beavis_Wolf

Beavis_Wolf Member

If she keeps it up she will get too fat to fit through the fence hole

mjunek likes this.
  12. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

13. Sledge

Sledge Member

Our new dog does this too...
    tried everything to get him to go outside only, but he still pees inside :(

14. Dan N

Dan N Member

hey guys,

I need some help - see below and which product is better for dog urine and poop on tiled in the living room and cement floor in the garage room. I am so frustrated with mopping all the time when my 4 month old Shollie pee and poop everywhere (only happened at night when the backyard is closed - can't let him out when it is not safe to do so.

• Bissell CrossWave Max Professional Cleaner (2767H)
    • Tineco Floor One S3

15. tobes

tobes Member

At 4 months old I'd be working on the crate training at night to avoid the issue

16. Radley

Radley Member

Barney going for a run on his birthday on Tuesday.
    20210608_073956.jpg

Barney and Hunter playing tug of war on Hunters birthday on Thursday.
    20210610_074018.jpg

BlueRaven, ricko2169 and ruffdayz like this.
  17. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

100% crate training. Dogs don't like to shit where they sleep, and locking it in a crate will teach it to hold it in. Crate training is also good because it gives them a safe space to go to that's their own.

randomman likes this.
  18. Dan N

Dan N Member

For bedtime, our dogs have no issues when they sleep. A Shollie sleep in the shower box next to the master bedroom, no issues and a ponchos sleep with us, no problems.

But during the day, when I’m not home, a Shollie is the most problem for dog urine and poop. I can’t put them in the crates. The house is big. I can’t even let them out to the backyard because a Shollie will dig a hole, except when I’m home, I can let them out.

many way, I found a solution. I will leave the door opened which is accessible to the garage door so they can urine or poop rather than in the living room.

19. Radley

Radley Member

My wife and I hated the idea of crate training. It didn't take long to train Hunter to go outside, and when we got Barney a year later he must have learnt from her. They were naughty and dug and destroyed stuff but that stopped after about 2 years... Barney sleeps on the bed and Hunter sleeps on the couch.

20. randomman

randomman Member

Same, except it took Luna forever to learn to go outside... until we crate trained her. It also helped for when we put her at daycare and then overnight - as we might need to do that when we visit Oz. She was potty trained at 4mo. Now at 5mo we leave the crate door open at night, as she was waking us up at 6am for no reason, and she immediately leaves and sleeps near our door. :lol: She's not allowed in the bedroom because the wife is allergic, only really to her licking but in a 1br apartment she needs a "safe space" lol.

Obligatory pics
    PXL_20210706_195559517.jpg PXL_20210707_202718247.jpg
    channeling her inner beaver - don't worry, she doesn't swallow and they don't splinter (also it's properly rotated according to Windows :confused:)