1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gran Turismo 5 bug? Or just my console?

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Dodge M4S, May 22, 2020.

1. Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Ok I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I bought my first PS3 a few days ago ($20 came with game pad and 3 games) and apparently it's a UK version. I went to cashies and picked up little big planet, a resident evil game and Gran Turismo 5.

I loaded up LBP and after the long tutorial, got to the first level, but couldn't jump. I restarted, I could jump, but I couldn't move in any direction. I googled around, and some people have the same issue.

I then started playing Gran Turismo 5, controls work perfectly. I go into GT mode, buy a car (Silvia) and win the first 3 tracks then win a Suzuki. I change into the Suzuki because the next 3 races require a front wheel drive car. I win a go kart, then changed into it so I can check it out. I go through my garage to get in the Suzuki to complete my other races, but now the garage is empty and all I have is this stupid go kart. My Silvia and Suzuki are gone :(

Do I have a buggy console? My games are broken? Or is it because I'm using a UK console with Aussie games? Google tells me that there's no region lock on ps3's so I don't think it's that.

Any ideas?

2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Is the console jail broken or modded in any way? It might be some kind of protection kicking in? Never played gran tourismo but I did play ps3 little big planet and never had such issue. It's very odd

Dodge M4S likes this.
  3. power

power Member

If you haven't already factory reset the console,get it online and make sure it and any games are updated.

Dodge M4S likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Not jailbroken, I factory reset it and also updated it. Updated the game and still the same. I thought I'd try some other games and they are buggy, too. On Silent Hill: Homecoming, at the beginning, I have to keep pressing x to get off a table. It does nothing. Tried a resident Evil game, the controls just don't work properly. I'm really confused lol.

5. power

power Member

do you only have one DS3?

Maybe someone cobbled together a broken controller with your bundle.

6. OP
    OP
    Dodge M4S

Dodge M4S Member

Yeah only got the one. From what I can tell, the controller is fine as the controls in Gran Turismo work perfectly and I can also navigate through the settings menu fine.

Edit: thought I'd update this just encase someone else has this problem. First of all, the problem with the GT garage is my fault. I didn't notice the tabs on the left side of the garage lol

The PS3 isn't buggy. It's the actual gamepad. I bought another game (God of War 3) and there's a part where you need to use a grapple hook. The button for the grapple hook is also the same to interact with other things (reading books etc) but for some reason, it wouldn't activate the grapple hook even though the button still worked for other things. I got a hold of another pad, and strangely enough, it now works. So very strange.

Last edited: May 29, 2020 at 3:56 PM