1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Gran Turismo 5 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by simboes, Sep 3, 2009.

1. YahooFrivolous

YahooFrivolous Member

This is just pure Gran Turismo series game play....Having to memorize the most likely patterns created by the behavior of the AI cars so that you know where there will be gaps for you to drive thru without backing off.

It's always either that or having to figure out how to be behind one of the other cars at the right point of the track so you can gain a massive BS slipstream slingshot.

2. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

Spent tonight working on a second B-Spec racer, as someone said we should have at least 2 racers for the endurance races later...

pity my 2nd driver (Alonso) cant pickup any wins even in my EK Civic type R.....:Paranoid:

3. OP
    OP
    simboes

simboes Member

OMFG, I have never had so little fun as I am doing the last nascar special event challenge. how is driving in a straight line round a slightly curved track meant to be fun. LAME.

NASCAR is shit.

4. Pieface

Pieface Member

playing with a wheel?

I'm finding with the g25 all nascars are awesome just because of the huge feedback making them fun to control.

5. OP
    OP
    simboes

simboes Member

How do you get round the corners without losing speed? I have Driving Force GT and barely turning the wheel at all and holding down the accelerator.

6. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

lol turn off assists thats how!! traction control is r4p1ng your power mate!

7. OP
    OP
    simboes

simboes Member

aww serious, it's that easy. ffs

EDIT - they are all off already!!! active stability management is only one on, and cannot change that!

8. TomJ

TomJ Member

Drifting is probably more fun in this game than in any other game with drift qualities. I haven't done any drifting events but when my car is much faster than it should be for events I get bored out front and drift most corners. M3 and RX7 are awesome.

Also agree that Nascar is shit!

9. iNoob

iNoob Member

First time I saw it on 1 I was in utter disbelief that so many people would flock out to watch that crap.

Like seriously...

10. nornicle

nornicle Member

Any tips for which car to buy that i can supe up for both the beginners a spec european classic + world classic cars?

Seems like a waste to buy a car for each one.

BTW I only found out that dropping money for semi racing tyres is worth more than paying for all the engine and power mods :/

11. OP
    OP
    simboes

simboes Member

umm ok turned on active steering get gold instantly, going 40km/h faster round the bends. WTF. why so much difference when barely turning anyway!

12. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

I got lucky, and found a '61 Jaguar E-Type Coupe in the used dealers. Gave it an oil change and it easily won both series, no mods. 260bhp. Ugly bronze colour but meh

13. TomJ

TomJ Member

I used an Alfa 1600 I think. I thought I went up again something similar in the Japanese one but it was obviously different.

14. beersandwich

beersandwich Member

15. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

+1

goes very well, used it in a few races

16. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

thats retarded.. are you using a wheel?

17. Tosh1R

Tosh1R Member

did you ever try drifting in GT3? IMO alot better then this game, check out the video i posted on the first page of the drift thread to see what i mean ;)

18. Refl3ct

Refl3ct Member

I am at around level 20 or so, loving it so far. Quite disappointed that brakes cannot be modified on the cars though. Besides that, enjoying it a lot.

19. TomJ

TomJ Member

GT3 was probably the game I least played of the first 4. I haven't done or appreciated any drifting before now.

It's taken me ages to get through level 15 to 16, I have done about 6 of the Amatuer series cups and a few other things and I am still nowhere near level 16 :shock:

20. flinchy

flinchy Member

expert series
    >see german manufaturer only race
    >think *expert series*
    >buy SLS AMG, fully pimp out to the tune of ~300,000, 750~ BHP
    >race vs golfs and polo's

rageface.jpg.