Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by Plastik8, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Plastik8

Plastik8 Member

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Well it has been released in Japan and quite a few OCAU'ers have acquired their copy from yesasia.com / playasia.com.

Lets keep all discussion to this thread as it's quite confusing in the official PS3 game threads.

Here's some info from that thread;

FAQ;

- To get to the next level (B or A) you need to have a trophy in each race of the previous level, i.e. get a podium finish in each race.
    - Super Light Weight race cars; Suzuki Cappuccino 95, Daihatsu Copen '02, Daihatsu OFC-1 '07.
    - The Mission Race for level C requires the Honda Integra to compete. (Dont forget to draft!)
    - The 3 options above the car in the garage screen is "sort by xx order;" 1st is sort by order of acquisition, 2nd is sort by Car Maker, 3rd is sort by BHP.

With Online support being released with a patch on Christmas Day, why dont we keep a list of people who will be ready to play it;

OCAU'ers with GT5P
    (OCAU Name / PSN Name)

Plastik8 | Plasti8

If anyone else has any questions regarding Japanese, feel free to ask me in this thread.

Online support on Christmas Day!! Should be great :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  2. Mikos

Mikos Member

Do you know when the australian version is due for release?

3. OP
    OP
    Plastik8

Plastik8 Member

Q1 2008 for the US, not sure about AUS.

4. freaky_beeky

freaky_beeky Member

I've been quoted the same release date for AUS from SCE Australia.

5. TOX

TOX Member

I'm pretty sure Q1 refers to March...dammit :(

6. Wink

Wink Member

I saved up and bought the Corvette Z06.. damn it is a bloody hard car to drive.

7. tfroggydawg

tfroggydawg Member

talk about money grab.

First they release a demo of a demo now they want you to pay for the demo of the actual game.

The game visually looks awesome, yet we keep hearing that the physics engine sux and is barely an improvement on the last few games.

Not going to touch prologue myself but definitely looking forward to the actual finished retail game.

8. The Beast

The Beast Member

It's been that way for a while, it's the GT way. You can call it a money grab if you want, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're not pretending it's a full game, and trying to sell it at a full price with an 'expansion' later on, and I think that's a very honest way of doing business.

For the fans who can't get enough, this will help ease the pain of waiting for the finished product. My only complaint is there should have been a global release, but I'll get over it :)

9. farkas007

farkas007 Member

i dont want to get that game now as last time i played GT with jap language was waste of time and money. Ill wait for aust version.

10. OP
    OP
    Plastik8

Plastik8 Member

Well call it a money grab if you like, I'm having plenty of fun for $45. I guess when they release it in Australia officially it will probably be less than $50.

11. claf-43

claf-43 Member

You can't say any other franchise could get away with this sort of game?

How about Street Fighter 3 super dooper alpha hyper turbo special edition with 2 playable characters?

It's a money grab of the highest order, and probably causes a needless delay to an already delayed (and history of) franchise.

I enjoyed the GTHD demo, but originally the plan for that was that you actually had to BUY with real money the cars you unlocked as you progressed through the game. Their was talk it could add to over $500 US at one stage for the full game, obviously this was met with some backlash.... and (hopefully) fully scrapped the idea.

Now before you think I'm anti GT, this is the only game I would rebuy the PS3 for (I sold mine). God of War 3 would be a nice bonus too...

12. da_ilks

da_ilks Member

First time I've heard of it (haven't been keeping up with GT after GT2 on PSX), but that's one of the dumbest idea's I've heard of....

13. claf-43

claf-43 Member

It was on IGN from memory, probably a year ago now too.

But with all this downloadable content in these newer machines I wouldn't put it beyond anyone one day.

If you look at what somethings EA have sold on the xbox marketplace you would know what I mean.

14. trop

trop Member

EA have been terrible with some of their games, charging 360 users for stuff which was "cheat code" unlockable in other versions of the game.

15. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

:upset::upset::upset:
    My copy of GT5P arrived today but no-one was home to accept it, it's now at the post office and it's christmas tomorrow, so it's closed :upset:

Does anyone know if post office is open boxing day?

16. farkas007

farkas007 Member

is that game fully japanese or there is some english. Also does it support full features, like GT TV etc...

17. Wink

Wink Member

There's basically no english. The closest thing to english are the car names.

Yes it does support GT TV. I've already downloaded 2 videos myself.

I doubt it opens on Boxing Day.
    Check here: http://auspost.com.au/

18. Wink

Wink Member

It looks like GT5P is updating right now.

19. OP
    OP
    Plastik8

Plastik8 Member

Online racing should have been released today. I'm out of my house for a couple of weeks for winter holidays here so can't play... Anyone else spending their Christmas in front of their PS3?

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

Poor example. Creating a character for a fighting game is not paramount to creating a complete car, modelled to perfection, replete with specific handling characteristics, working cockpit, unique sounds etc. Then there are the tracks, many of which are real world and hence need to be as accurate to real life as possible (we sim racers expect that now-a-days and can spot errors a mile off - excuse the pun).

I don't know if damage will be included in the final GT5, but I think that is the intention. It's going to take even more time to perfect that, hence GT5P being released without damage.

Anyway, at the end of the day if the customer is happy to recieve a filler product, and the funds help create a better GT5 or GT6 then it's win-win right?