Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Oct 28, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Pre-orders normally start downloading the day before release

2. The Beast

The Beast Member

Pre-ordered delux digital edition. Not really needed but for $10 extra it has a bunch unlocked to reduce the grind a little.

Looking forward to this immensely.

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

I preordered the digi deluxe too. Mine is already downloaded, ready in 1 day 7 hours! :Paranoid:

4. The Beast

The Beast Member

The full game is 59gbi think (ver 1.01).

I had the same problem, no download anywhere. I went into my purchase history on a PC browser and the game and bonus stuff was in there which I manually added to my download list. Also check your download queue in a browser to make sure there isn't an old download of something that has stalled in there. So long as your PS4 is in standby (or on) it should add GTS and start downloading immediately.

5. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Checked last night and it was off and racing... slowly...

The main file had actually stalled due to a DNS error? But after I gave it a kick, it restarted again.

Excited :leet:

6. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I would if I had more space, probably on next house upgrade. For now I want something I can easily store somewhere out of the way, easily get it out and store away, easy set up. Been working a lot of hours lately, I don't even know how I'm going to fit game let alone build a ghetto rig.

Yeah I agree it isn't too bad with a controller at all. I did use to play the older GT series. I find the experience even more enjoyable with a wheel.

That wheelstand looks perfect. I'll search for similar ones. I don't need one with a bucket seat, couch is perfect. As I said earlier if I had more space I'd be willing to invest one with a fully sick bucket seat.

This one might be OK though...
    https://www.gamesmen.com.au/playseat-challenge-2015

Edit: Really liking this one:

https://www.pagnianimports.com.au/n...-g25-thrustmaster-t500-rs-fanatec-wheels.html

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  7. The Beast

The Beast Member

https://www.dualshockers.com/gran-turismo-sport-dlc-cars-tracks/

Good news:

The 1.02 patch got pushed to my PS4 sometime today. I read that if you don't have it you can manually check for update and it'll download.

Incidentally, it's killing me that this game doesn't unlock til 1am, don't think I can stay up :(

Some good analysis videos to help pass the time until this unlocks:

8. Bertross

Bertross Member

Picking this up today! Well the bride is :thumbup:

9. TomJ

TomJ Member

$69 at BigW, why not :thumbup:

10. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

anyone played it yet? Reviews aren't the greatest - I was going to grab it on the way home, but now undecided.

11. miicah

miicah Member

Not to sway you one way or the other, but it's basically an esports title now (and not a great one), because surprise surprise people are shit at driving!

The 'singleplayer' is nowhere near as extensive as earlier GTs

12. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

there is a heap of talk about a really lacking offline mode, almost everything is stripped out of if when offline.

https://www.destructoid.com/gran-turismo-sport-is-barely-functional-when-offline-467480.phtml

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/10/gran-turismo-sport-offline-mode/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16488922/gran-turismo-sport-offline-functionality-saves

13. AzonIc

AzonIc Member

what are peoples thoughts on a G29 wheel and pedals set up for this game?

14. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Thanks guys,

Yeah, the online focused part is what is making me think about not getting it. I used to play iracing, which I enjoy - but was hoping for a deep single player GT game that I can jump in and out of :(

15. TomJ

TomJ Member

I have a G29 and play F1 2016. I just sold Project Cars and Drive Club. It's a great wheel+pedals but it has a very plastic knocking feedback feel and noise about it when going over curbs or bumps, like shaking a big bolt plastic tube. Old GT games have been pretty customisable when it comes to the wheels.

The fanatec base + wheel + pedals (all CSL) starts at around $900.

I've used a CXC hydraulic seat racing simulator with rFactor, everything is crap to me now :lol:

16. Bertross

Bertross Member

thats it! Cant wait to get home.

I watched a few and it faired up pretty well.

17. stitch512

stitch512 Member

GT Sport is basically a console answer to iRacing and a half assed version at that. If you want a deeper SP experience then you need to look at Pcars 2.

18. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

JB's have got a bundled GT Sport game with a GT themed dualshock4 for $119. If you're in need of a new controller this is a great deal :thumbup:

19. AfterBurner1

AfterBurner1 Member

Yeah, EB is also doing a similar thing if you buy the game they do the controller at $49.95. It cost me a bit more as I bought the CE

20. Schnooper

Schnooper Member

I have been hanging out forever for this game.

So picked this up today. I have been a massive GT fan since the original with 100’s of hours of play time across the games.

They have absolutely screwed this game, the campaign is only driving license style, with no single player racing.

Sport mode allows you to play online only for racing only and requires PlayStation Plus (@ $10.95 per month).

I CBF waiting for online games to start, having to deal with 10 year olds smashing me off the track, and dealing with lag and all the other online racing dramas.

Why Sony, why have you screwed this with what appears to be a massive cash grab?

I gonna stick my GT Sport disk into the shredder in disgust.