Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by power, Oct 28, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

I wouldn't call it low end.
    More 'enthusiast' entry-level, especially with the T3PA pedals.
    The T80 would be very low end.

My first few online races in the first closed beta had me very excited that I was racing against some really clean drivers.
    On my second day of the closed beta, I had some AWFUL online races and was matched with half of field of retarded noobs.
    Will probably take a little while to get out of the noob zone once I get the game.. that is... if I ever decide to go racing randoms.

Must say... those graphics are abso-fucking-lutely MINT!

2. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Hot damn those vids are making me drool. Must not quit my day job.

3. TomJ

TomJ Member

I am way off golding the GTR rally one in DS (#46) and I only gave the #48 lap a half arsed go last night so I need 0.6 second to make up there. Everything else golded.

Looking forward to online racing after getting the hang of a few more cars :thumbup:

4. Head

Head Member

Huge fan of GT since the original, I hate to say it but Forza has left this series in the dust.

5. The Beast

The Beast Member

On paper I'd tend to agree with you.

The Forza series has finally caught up to where GT5 was 7 years ago, it now has dynamic weather, time-of-day transition, a huge roster of cars and 60fps gaming that doesn't look like arse.

Forza has also added more and more razzle-dazzle over the years, keeping abreast of contemporary game design trends and making sure it became a caRPG extreme.

The irony is that GTS has actually ditch many of the features Forza long lagged behind in, and they seem to have built a fairly bare-bones but absolutely pure racing sim.

To me, that's probably why actually driving the Forza 7 demo felt flat (despite running it on my PC which can yeild 4k60) and the GTS demo felt inspired.

I do miss dynamic weather, I do miss time-of-day transitions, I may come to miss a full campaign at some point... but I can't stop thinking about the next lap I'll turn in GTS, whereas I've zero interest in returning to FM7 (at the moment).

Also, loot boxes can go fuck themselves.

6. TomJ

TomJ Member

The last time I played a racing game on XBOX was Project Gotham 2, now that was awesome! 4-player split screen on a 48cm CRT

7. Usern@me

Usern@me Member

100% agree with this. I’d played about 25 hours of forza in my sim over the last few weeks and having now played 12 hours of GTS it’s like chalk and cheese.

In forza you can win all of the trophy’s without once using the brake pedal...

Transitions in time of day and dynamic weather are great but if the findementals in the actual racing feel aren’t up to scratch then what’s the point. Forza 7 feels like forza 6.5 for mine.

GTS has its flaws (no server no game etc) but the realism of the race experience is still by far the best on the market

My opinion only and ask me in a month it may change. who knows.

8. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

The last 24 hours:

7pm Fri - Kids go to bed, wife and mother-in-law go out to dinner. I fire up the PS4 and find our internet is playing up. Spend 30 mins dicking around, eventually do a full reset of modem/router and get back online .

8:30pm - Almost throw controller through the screen as GTS tells me its not connected to the network for the 400th time. (I've got my mobile next to me, connected to wifi and all is well, so suspect servers are just being overloaded).

9:30pm - Have got my head around the menus/interface/intended progression and knocked out a fair few of the license tests. Starting to have fun.

8:00am today - M.I.L. takes our kids out and wifey is upstairs working. Get gold on first 24 license tests and gagging for more. Have a go on a 'Sport' online race - shit this is actually really really fun and far more intense than offline racing!

Midday - Everyone's back home and I can't play anymore. Sad panda. Counting down hours until kids go to bed

9. AfterBurner1

AfterBurner1 Member

They are still scaling up their servers to meet demand I think. The beta was a hot and miss affair and I think it was a bit easier than the final release.

Haven't been able to play for a few days but looking forward to cranking it again this weekend.

10. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Couldn't make a private room work last night (just wanted to race my interstate brother), so eventually just did some public room racing against each other. Seems like there's still plenty of kinks to iron out.
    Was very good fun though. A real range of punters online too.
    Dragon's Trail track is becoming a favourite.

11. Bertross

Bertross Member

I had to try Forza 7 demo on my PC over the weekend so i could compare them. Like you the game looked amazing but it was like a easy arcade style racer. uninstalled after 20 mins.

12. gdshifty

gdshifty Member

So i must be one of the few who didnt read the reviews about the game into the lead up to GT Sports being released. Just expected it to be like the other previous versions with huge single player campaign, so quite disappointed that its mostly online. Anyway i jumped into a rally car race and it felt very slow even from drivers cockpit cam, especially when you look at real life rally cars zipping around the place.

Maybe im just used to the high speed ultra responsive feel of F1 2017 and need to give this more of a chance.

13. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

skip to about 7:40, DF identified that Forza feels faster due to a different focal length and subtle use of motion blur, perhaps this is what you are experiencing.

14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

Project Cars 2 needed the FOV changed as well, to give a better sense of speed.

15. Bertross

Bertross Member

The rally section of GT sport is the weakest part of the game. I wish they never added it. We have Dirt 4 for that. Apparently it was properly reviewed and yeah it was garbage.

16. AzonIc

AzonIc Member

Also don't care for the rally element of this game. The driving styles are so different.

Has there been any rumors of a track creator like GT6 had?

Also when the livery uploader becomes available, I believe you need to upload vector graphics (SVG) files. I found a free online one that seemed to work well; obviously you want to start with a high res JPG file. https://www.aconvert.com/image/jpg-to-svg/

17. TomJ

TomJ Member

18. The Beast

The Beast Member

Haven’t tried rally in the retail release but dayum it sucked in the beta. Why did they even bother? It’s sure as shit not at esports level so... just why?

Good deal on that G29 bundle, that’s gonna sell.

19. AfterBurner1

AfterBurner1 Member

It's just as bad kinda feels like they took GT6's Moon Level's Physics modified the gravity a touch and called it a day. It's obvious Kaz and Co are getting their arses handed to them when it comes to Car and track licensing and Sony is looking for more of a return on investment. I really want to do some more cars and sort some of the niggling issues.

1.03 dropped on me this afternoon. so ,when the servers come back up here's hoping it's somewhat better.

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

Not sure what you mean here?!

From what I can tell they have all the licenses they need for cars, they just haven’t modelled them all yet. Kaz has said the end state is closer to 500 cars on the roster. Do you mean Forza has 700 cars so Kaz wanted rally to add an arrow to the quiver?

Tracks, yeah they need more, but I doubt it’s a licensing issue. I’m more inclined to believe that Kaz wants to trickle them out to make people focus on a small set of tracks for esports reasons. He would be wrong of course, but PD move in mysterious ways.