1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Foliage

Foliage Member

Of course it is fine, just do a Google search and you'll see that it is recommended to put your page file on your SSD for optimal performance. :)

2. KUNGFU_RABBI

KUNGFU_RABBI Member

So I booted up tonight and tried to launch GTA5 on Steam and apparently it's "Validating" with 30 minutes remaining... Is anyone else getting this?

3. Radley

Radley Member

Yeah it's normal, it's just decrypting the files. Should take less than an hour.

4. yorky

yorky Member

Yep I just got an update.

5. pugsley

pugsley Member

Yep, got to the point of installing then it tells me that gtav isnt installed on my system, and to reinstall and try again... I've been playing all afternoon.

6. KUNGFU_RABBI

KUNGFU_RABBI Member

I had already played it previously though... It does say "update queued" so I assume it's not just me and it's just a strange updating process.

7. Ospi

Ospi Member

Bugger, the terrible stuttering has made a return for me. I hope the new memory tomorrow will fix it. Seems common though so should be sorted soon I would hope. Sadly that update wasn't the fix!

8. Pookey

Pookey Member

So I finally ran the game tonight for the first time but Rockstar Social Club is not accepting the Product Key that Steam gave me. Who do I contact, Steam or Rockstar?

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Just gifted Yerolo with a copy of GTAV so they'll be joining soon.

10. Domokun

Domokun Member

The whole effort involved with trying to organise a heist is wearing on me. It's such an inefficient process. Even if you find a crew that is committed to completing the heist regardless of how many attempts it takes (highly unlikely), the frozen screen glitch, and having to reconnect/reload any time someone disconnects (whether it be through a game crash or rage quit) is just infuriating. It almost seems like an afterthought. Also, the GTA V campaign automatically loading whenever GTA Online disconnects, that has to stop. I'm spending more time on loading screens than playing the game.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

The frozen screen glitch is simply fixed by alt tabbing and then back in again. It's a non issue really but maybe fixed with today's update.

However I do agree with your sentiment though.

12. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

yeah it's a bit of a nightmare isnt it, as a heist leader you should also be able to eject someone without having to restart everything.
    when you join a heist it should reserve your slot instead of saying it's joining then telling you it's full

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I wonder ifntyebnew patch fixes anything?

14. Domokun

Domokun Member

Unfortunately, we've tried a lot to resolve the glitch when it occurs (such as alt+tab and modifying the video settings), but nothing is effective. That may work for some, but not in our case. I wouldn't say it's non-issue, I would say the opposite. This glitch occurring is the beginning of the end for the heists I've been a part of, as everyone gets sick of retrying/reloading. I do hope today's patch resolves it, but I'm not holding my breath (especially considering it's only meant to resolve the issue associated with non-standard characters in Windows account usernames, but 300MB+ for this seems a bit excessive).

It sure is. It's disappointing, as the heists themselves are a good challenge and a lot of fun.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  15. NNotNENN

NNotNENN Member

What sort of stuttering are you seeing? I just had another sesh in SP and noticed a few pops and crackles in the audio (seemed more prevalent whilst driving and dialogue was present - or maybe it was just more noticeable?) but was hard to tell if I was getting any graphical stuttering/long frame times or whatnot.

Would be interested to know if we're getting the same thing...

16. NoMorality

NoMorality Member

Anyone playing tonight? keen to do some of the heists

17. cheddo7

cheddo7 Member

Can I ask if anyone has tried GTA5 running over Steam Home Streaming? If so any issues?

18. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

just play SP.. who expects such a complex system to work so well this early.. spose alot of u werent there for gta 5 MP launch on consoles lol..

give it time people...

20. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

i was, had noobs mess up all the heist attempts

they've had years lol