Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

just remembered Dragon Age is also getting released in November, i know which game I have more interest in playing, and by the time i've finished that and Forza Horizon 2, Halo, LOTR the new NBA games etc I will be ready for the Witcher 3.

GTA 5 bargain bin here I come.

2. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Gonna just borrow it from mate for xbox, cbf waiting till next year and they aren't gonna get my money.

3. maestro

maestro Member

Exactly. I will get GTA 5 on PC at some stage, but I have already played it to death on X360 and my general experience of buying the PC versions of games I have owned on console is that they don't get played enough to justify a full price purchase so bargain bin it is.

A cynic may argue this could be a great way to provide arguments for a console only future for the franchise; 'look how poorly it sold on PC vs consoles, not worth the effort'.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. datfreak

datfreak Member

Stretch your vid card budget to $300 and grab a 290 (non x) second hand from the forums - then yes it will be better on your pc (when/if there is a pc release)

5. Philll

Philll Member

Yeah. 'Optimisation'. We need extra time for that. If proof be needed, we only need to look at the most unoptimised piece of shit in recent history, a game that had been delayed for months after it's console counterpart's release for 'optimisation'. GTAIV.

The only reason this game will run well (if it indeed does) will be because PC hardware is well ahead of old generation tech. They haven't radically enhanced the engine or anything special.

Let's just hope car damage is on par with IV, because it was rubbish in the PS360 versions

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i wonder if it is due to the shitty framerate!

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I don't think they are going to make any radical changes to the physics engine, all of the enhancements I have been reading about so far are mostly aesthetic.

I didnt mind the cars in 5, I thought the cars in 4 were realistic but at the expense of fun (ie way too weighty and felt like you were driving on ice most of the time)

The cars in 5 were still way more fun to drive than the ones in Watch Dogs were imo

8. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Yet they were able to release Max Payne 3 alongside the console versions and that ran far better than I ever expected after the mess that was (is) GTAIV.

9. Philll

Philll Member

It wasn't released alongside consoles, it was half a month later. I'm aware of how well it ran, considering I posted on this very forum years ago that it worked on a Macbook Air

When they release a Max Payne game that is on par with GTAs physics, AI (numbers), draw distance, traffic density, size, scope, and just about everything else that makes it incomparable, then comparing them will be worthwhile

It has been the same story since GTA3. Nobody remembers how that ran after the comments about delaying it for performance?

There's a first time for everything, and there's a long history of bullshit and horrible performance surrounding this series on PC

10. power

power Member

I remember how crap GTA3 ran on a PS2, lol.

11. Unframed

Unframed Member

GTA3 was silky smooth on geforce 440 mx.

12. Philll

Philll Member

.......ok?

13. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  14. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Thats sick.
    I put alot of time into GTAV on PS3 so im super happy that that progress moves over!

15. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

so wheres the best place to preorder the PC version?

16. Minikeg

Minikeg Member

pretty relevant, considering it applies to PC version also (bottom of poster)

good news :)

17. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I knew that...I meant that alot of PC gamers don't own consoles and hence would not have played through the old versions to be eligible for this content :)

18. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

First Person mode confirmed. Holy shit, this is how you do a remaster :thumbup:

More Details:

19. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

While that is a stunning addition to the game I kinda feel it takes away from Gta's simple crazy gameplay???
    Either way sign me up for another round :thumbup:

20. power

power Member

yeah read about this I can't wait, sounds pretty epic.

The gunplay in particular looks awesome as does the first person driving/flying and shooting while driving - truly spectacular.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014