1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Kyorisu

Kyorisu Member

Sure, dial 911 (this will add emergency services to your contact list). Hit space to get the dialler up.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

You can also your phone for cheats and codes (weapons/low gravity/explosive punches etc.).

3. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

still having fun, have a few friends from other games ive been doing some missions with.

so many fun moments , was selling a shit car today , and someone came to the car shop, shot them as i assumed they were after me , this triggers several of his friends to come after me which i also shot.

made my way back to my garage with what was left after me , got my armoured car and then went on a hour rampage like when packman eats the thing and turns on the ghosts.

-

there is a OCAU member I ran over in my car a few times today (didn't kill you , your in a joker outfit) add me some time and ill make it up lol

everyone seems to be leveling up , cant wait till i have the money and level to just enjoy the game

add gemtech

cdtoaster accepted your invite , i miss a lot of mission invites but yeah im not ignoring people

4. NoMorality

NoMorality Member

Hey yeah that was me in the joker costume. Username is N0morality if you wanna add me

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

You should say "why so serious?" in the game LOL

6. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

I got into a failed Heist last night with 2 other OCAU guys + a retarded monkey that caused the heist to fail which sucks. The other 2 OCAU guys bailed after that. Don't remember who it was.

7. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

No one on PC seems to be using a mic, its annoying as hell.

When are you OCAU'ers online? Every time im online it seems no one else wants to join my heists :(

8. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

So I gave some of the online play a bit of a go, I was only level 1 so didn't have anything available...
    Did some races, found them quite fun, tried 1 non-race (attempted to try lots but they kept being full).. Discovered I really need something better than a pistol to do most of the other missions.
    Seems fairly difficult to join games with randoms sometimes which is annoying!

Wasn't sure if I wanted to keep doing online things or work through the story mode (seriously should have just played this more on PS3 - I am doing everything but shooting people with the PS3 controller now...)

9. roamin

roamin Member

tomorrow i should have finished all of the heists with a group of mates i play arma / wasteland / dayz with. once im done im open to play with who ever. i just wanted to do this so i can do all the heists with one crew and the same people to get the bonuses. i have also switched crews. but you can be in multiple crews!

also i only use teamspeak or mumble. not a fan of the ingame chat system. teamspeak you can talk at all times. even in shit cutscenes or dieing in survival mode and so on.

10. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Right, that makes sense.

I hope more crew members start playing online, at the moment the PS3 version has been more fun than PC.

Oh well.

11. Pedsy

Pedsy Member

How much is the performance dependent on the CPU?
    Or is it pretty much all down to the GFX Card?

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

A bit of both, but mostly GPU.

Its very scalable, however. Alot of people are getting good performance on hold hardware.

13. power

power Member

What CPU are you asking about here?

Tell us what you have.

14. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

For reference guys I am playing this on the rig in sig (minus the over clocks currently) and can do 1080p with some AA (I think maybe only 2 times?) and it runs well...

Anyone else had issues with it randomly deciding to revert back to window mode upon launch?

15. power

power Member

had that once, but I was messing with something else at the time so I'd figure that the application might be losing focus.

I just Alt+Enter and it was fine.

16. shizmo

shizmo Member

My mate and I are PC only and around mid 20's atm, but we keen to do Heists properly.... Our experience so far has been for like 1hr of actual winning game-play there is like 2 hours of fking around with idiots leaving or failing.

So if anyone keen to actually give Heists a proper go with mics etc Add me - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/chologaggins

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Done (MajorGaz).

If i am online hit me up for Heists or anything. Keen to hang out with peeps.

18. Radley

Radley Member

That guide is pretty good. I used it for PS3 and tried again last night for the first assassination. Michael and Franklin are sitting on 2 million already.
    Wait till BIL gets to about 50 to buy, then sell at about 119 and you're laughing. Unfortunately I bought it at about 75 so I lost out a bit, but it won't matter in the end.

19. MadcatDJ

MadcatDJ Member

Just realised this morning why I have no one in my friends list, it doesn't notify you in game that you have a friends request, and I am bad at checking my emails....

I tend to not use voice unless other people are using it, but Im always ready to go with it. Except last night I ended up in a race with a bunch of russians, couldnt understand a single word, and dat lag

Ive played a bit of online last few days but just doing random stuff, learning how it all works. I was finding for a few days that the game wasnt letting me join the sessions of other OCAUers due to some online tutorial bs which I think has worked itself out. I will start jumping on the teamspeak server so feel free to hit me up for shenanigans if I'm chilling in the gta lounge

madcat69 if anyone wants to find me in game

20. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

I think i just need to build my friends list.
    So any OCAUer wants to add me, do so :)

socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/majorgaz