1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. r8response

r8response Member

353mb update via Rockstar Social Club (non steam version)

Steam doesn't seem to have it atm

2. NoMorality

NoMorality Member

willing to lend my services for a 15% cut

3. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

and i have to wait SEVEN FRIGGIN MINUTES before i can play :upset:

4. ice32

ice32 Member

Res: 1920* 1200
    Dx:11
    about 70% population Variety, population density/distance scaling turned off

All settings on Normal, All AF/AA off, uses 1.2gb of my 1.5gb vram.

So yeah, it does the job, but would love to see the game on a beefier rig.

5. Pedsy

Pedsy Member

It's just an E8400.
    I could have sworn I had 4Gb ram too, but only 2 showing up.

I'm also using just a HD5770 gfx card. The game runs, barely, at 800x600 (lol!)

6. Merkin420

Merkin420 Member

Mouse and keyboard all the way. Damn it's good to have gta back :D
    and now with FPS... what more in a game could you want? This is the best

7. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Is there anywhere to race the cars on a racetrack?

I just figured out a way to steal the chopper from the Office of Security Enforcement without getting a star rating too.

You rip a burnout out the front and crash into the barrier. Guard comes over and tells you to leave.

Quickly head to the exit gate, rush it, and the guard won't chase you. Then up to the top of the building, and score yourself a chopper.

Only place I haven't managed to get is the Army Base or Prison. Got drilled both times trying to get in on foot :D

Bad news for you...

MINIMUM SPECS:
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.5Ghz
    RAM - 4GB
    VIDEO - HD4870

RECOMMENDED
    CPU - Core i5 3470
    RAM - 8GB
    VIDEO - HD7870 2GB

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Thanks, I should have mentioned I have a 30" Dell monitor so was hoping to run at 2560 × 1600.

9. roamin

roamin Member

if this is hard, wait till you move on to the other heists. what you really need to do is find 3 other people who want to do heists who are consistant players. people who will be willing to spend most nights playing online. than make a group.

thats what im doing, i have 3 other friends i play arma with who i am now playing gta with. each night were all on we do the heists. were on to the last one. we also use teamspeak and its a lot of fun this way.

considering theres so many people complaining on here about randoms. maybe try and pm all those people and get a group going? it really is the best way. also dont use the ingame chat, use mumble/teamspeak.

10. roamin

roamin Member

your missing my point. i give up. not wasting my time at all on this no more. i was never talking servers. i was talking about control of servers. you missed the boat. its floated away. :thumbup:

11. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Been trying to do this for days.
    Havent resorted to PMing yet, but for some reason when i invite people from the crew it doesnt seem to be inviting people (either that or no one is around).

I just want to complete a fucking heist. Some asshat last night crashed the Velum 3 times (!). Its a fucking plane and all you need to do is fly around in a circle!

Fuck me. Will be online from around 4:30 today if anyone is keen for some heist stuff. Almost at my wits end with pugs.

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Exceptional video to show the effects graphics settings have.

13. roamin

roamin Member

as i said the other day, im trying to finish our heists with the one group/crew to get the bonus and acheivement. after that im a slut and can help others. but until im done (hopefully tonight) i cant do other heists.

once the other fellas levels are higher (currently mid 20's) were going to try for the no death heists bonus. were all good players and if we take our time theres no reason we cant do it. but itll be bloody hard!

14. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Yeah, understand. Not directing this at you specifically.

Hopefully once people are done with the SP they will migrate to GTAO and can get some good games going.

Until then, ill just be pugging and crossing my fingers i dont get stuck with asshats.

15. XanT

XanT Member

Yeah I've had a bunch of people on my friends list say the same - also not speaking English and such as well.

I've only done races so far and will get stuck into some heists when I get a bit more time.

Damn uni limiting my time :/

16. Radley

Radley Member

Where are the save games saved?

I've noticed there's heaps more shit in the air in the PC version. Kind of a pointless addition really.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  17. roamin

roamin Member

Go into the profiles folder in C:\Users\username\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\ and drill down until you see the SGTA and PGTA files. There will be several. Take all of them and move them to the SAME location of the other machine to play on a different pc

18. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

I was the prisoner last night and the guard got in my car for the trip out to the prison bus. On the way he starts shooting fucking cars on the freeway. Obviously failed after the police were notified. And I am getting a rather large amount of Russian and Asian players. Unfortunately I don't speak mandarin or Russian.

19. power

power Member

no racetracks.

however progress though the story and street racing becomes available for Franklin.

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

what the heck does the new patch do exactly?