1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. samo

samo Member

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Fuck YEah CHeers bro! Trying to unlock that for so long

3. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

What's that retard??
    I'm talking about the probable crappy controls, ie, so I was wondering how he'll be effective in FPS mode without PROPER PC controls.

4. shizmo

shizmo Member

Why wouldn't there be proper PC controls when its on PC? :confused:

5. Unframed

Unframed Member

Have you played any GTA on PC? The controls are fantastic for KB/M

6. Ospi

Ospi Member

Yeah but does it work with a g25?

7. Copie

Copie Member

Most games these days have native 4k support. Will require some serious GPU power, i dont think my 980 will cut it at 4k.

First person alone changed the game enough to warrant a replay, im replaying it now on the ps4 and its fantastic, its how the game should of been released originally.

And will get it on PC when it releases as well.

8. Supersize

Supersize Member

After this Change.org partition circulated:

Target: Withdraw Grand Theft Auto 5 – this sickening game encourages players to commit sexual violence and kill women

https://www.change.org/p/target-wit...yers-to-commit-sexual-violence-and-kill-women

https://www.facebook.com/targetaus/posts/1017824588243178?fref=nf

http://www.target.com.au/medias/marketing/corporate/PDF/media-release/GTA-Media-Release-v2.pdf

Why was Target only "Targeted", there are many other stores in Australia, EB Game (AU's Gamestop), Big W, K-Mart the list goes one.

How stupid.

Oh also go read the comments on the petition, most of the people who signed it only did so to say how stupid it is..

9. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

I saw that petition last night and was quite frankly a little stunned at how many had agreed/signed that petition. Too me its no different then reading a book that has the same content or watching movie/tv series that has the same content. To me if your trying to block it from your children then clearly your just a lazy parent, have fun sheltering your kids:thumbup:

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

The vocal minority complained and target did themselves. They weren't forced to but ultimately it only empowers people with nothing better to do to continue to do this.

11. pugsley

pugsley Member

The way i see it they got the vast majority of their profits from the game already. PC gamers are going to get this digitally or from places that will price match other outlets.
    All they have done here is agreed to take it off the shelves to pander to a vocal minority on a game that probably has declining sales. Unfortunately for them they seemed to have awaked the collective gamer. Who does not take any form of censorship very well.

Also Woohoo under 2 months now!

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Probably just one of the bigger 'targets'...could have been any of the others I guess.

13. 6thgear

6thgear Member

It wasn't targeted per se. it was Targets internal decision after getting a few complaints from mums to just take it off the shelves. It's primary customer is the mothers and stuff who go around target buying crap for hours, it will do anything to appease them and this has for the most part done so i believe. It was also a massive PR decision, they have received positive PR from the primary target market over the decision and it has made headlines in all major newspapers and across the web. Absolutely massive free publicity for the store which would otherwise never be talked about by the public.
    People see the idiocy in removing an 18+ game for the sake of the children but mothers are not always so logical when it comes to something their children could see or read about such as GTA V

14. Supersize

Supersize Member

15. raGneG

raGneG Member

ONLY A YEAR AFTER INITIAL RELEASE! GOOD GUY RETAIL.

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Wasn't the argument that the 1st person mode made it more realistic or something???

Seriously though, people were saying its only target omg...its the fucking cascading effect that it could potentially have.

Also why bother fighting for an R18+ classification if idiots are going to whinge so you can't sell it anyway. Also a fair chunk of the petition signers weren't even fucking Australian.

EDIT: Interesting read
    http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-auto-from-stores-target-sets-the-medium-back

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  17. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Exactly why fight for an r18+ rating for this type of rubbish to happen. Not that I'd ever buy the game from K-Mart or similar store.

Who cares if all I want to do is run around and smash hookers in the face with a bat. I'd never do it in real life and anyone that would has bigger issues than playing a video game.

18. roamin

roamin Member

herald suns headline tomorrow! :D

19. Unframed

Unframed Member

Games aren't just for kids any more. -The Guardian

Because until now, all games were only for kids. Adults who make games wouldn't make games that kids couldn't play, until now.

20. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member