1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. shizmo

shizmo Member

420k to get the basic upgrades done, farkkk.

2. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

yeah bit disappointing for me actually, as I'm not really into that style of car and they're way too expensive to really justify it. But then not every DLC can be tailored just for me. Apparently there are other people in the world who like other things. Was also hoping to see more than 6 cars be upgradable. hopefully this is expanded on in the future, as the basic concept of lots of cosmetic mods to your car is fantastic.

Interestingly, I've already seen people do a little car show meet up thing on the map. All sitting around bouncing their cars and showing off their engines. Its nice. Its good to see anything added variety to the GTA community. Its nice to see free roam not be 100% about assholes in armoured karumas shooting everyone with impunity.

3. shizmo

shizmo Member

I noticed they added insurance costs on the player when you blow other peoples cars up? When was this? I had to pay like 30k per car i blew up last night -_-

I assume its to slow down that exact problem of people blowing errythang up willy nilly.

4. Ogre

Ogre Member

woah, really?

5. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Seems like a good idea.

6. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding something. Didn't this already happen?

I know when people blew up my car, my insurance was $0 because they had to cover the cost.:confused:

7. Oxygenation

Oxygenation Member

I think it has been there since the beginning, depending on the cost of car/mods applied.

You must have blown up an Osiris :p

8. shizmo

shizmo Member

Well in that case I guess nowdays most people have super expensive cars/mods its fairly brutal... Never noticed it before.

9. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Its not a terrible idea, but its a poorly thought out and poorly implemented idea.

The idea is that people just trolling you and blowing up your car a bunch isn't much fun, so when you shoot my supercar you'll be receiving a bill for about $30k, you horrid troll! Now that seems fair enough. I'm not sure the small inconvenience you've caused me is really worth billing you $30k but ok it was a fancy car.

The problem is that then what do you do about the trolls that are in cars? Particularly the trolls in their bulletproof armoured cars? The armoured karuma driving around killing everyone has been a standard feature of freemode since the car was added. The problem is if you want to kill that person at all you'll be receiving a bill. That is retarded. A system to reduce trolling and griefing that punishes you for trying to stop people trolling/griefing. Genius R*

What they should have done is had the payment scale somehow. I'd do this off their state of mind meter. Destroying the car of a peaceful player should not be encouraged, and so you should receive the bill as you currently do. Destroying the car of an aggressive player should be encouraged. So there should be a threshold at which if your state of mind reaches, then no one is punished with an insurance bill for blowing you up.

Without this, the mechanic that they've put in where your state of mind grows aggressive, your marker turns red, and the rewards for killing you increase, is completely pointless. There's no reward for killing an aggressive player. Only punishment. Its one of the things that prior to the freemode update meant that the only time I spent in freemode was waiting for a friend to host a map.

Alternatively, scrap the idea completely, and just don't charge the player for the replacement of their car when its blown up by another player. Then it wouldn't matter at all if people are blowing each other up. In its current system it feels far more like a method to eliminate more money from the game, to slow progress, to encourage the purchase of shark cards.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  10. Ogre

Ogre Member

That pretty much sums it up

11. Foliage

Foliage Member

What is online like now, much different from launch date? Still buggy and difficult to get people to join heists?

12. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Load screen boss is still an epic battle. But in general I've been finding it a pretty good experience, excluding my recent month long absence from the game with the directx/driver crash and a bunch of my crew having the inability to download the game or updates. I've had no issues getting people to join anything I host, but then I do tend to play with a crew with 6-10 people at a time.

The latest little bug I've encountered is a super long respawn time in GTA races. Had one which was a bit over 1 minute. No bar to fill, nothing to spam clicks. Had that happen a couple times yesterday, and a few friends reported similar. Made me particularly salty when we were doing a race with the new 'eliminate last place' option, and I was comfortably winning, and in a single death I went from first, to having the entire pack overtake me, and as soon as I spawned the timer ran out and I was eliminated.

I'm hoping that this lowrider DLC is actually the start of a broader improvement to car modding. I'd like to see them do further DLC where they add the cosmetics to other varieties of cars. I want to fully rice out my Elegy, and I could see them doing a 'street racer' dlc similar to it. At the very least, expand it beyond 6 cars.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

GTAV is on sale for $46.89 in canada till november 3. let me know if there's people that want to grab it.

14. Ogre

Ogre Member

Is that a steam copy?

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yup steam copy. when converted into AUD you're saving $20!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  16. Frag_Lord

Frag_Lord Member

Harvey Norman had it for $68 but finished yesterday!

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

you're looking at $50 AUD

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's $46.89 CAD or ~$50 AUD so if ppl want a cheaper steam sale key let me know. you're saving $20AUD and that's quite a substantial saving.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  20. billyboy689

billyboy689 Member

dammit , trying to resist
    played it to death on PS3
    was fun