Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Billzilla, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Hope you have money to buy all the shiny new stuff.

2. connico

connico Member

umm apparently its 3 acts... 12 hour play time for a fucking heist... wtf

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

Oh God! How horribly expensive everything is! I only have $1.2 million in the bank and only the one apartment. No way I can afford these new toys without actually spending money on Shark Cards.

What's the quickest way to earn cash to get these new stuff? I haven't even done any of the CEO, Bikie and Gun Running stuff too...

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I haven't finished the original heists.

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

Haha that too, although I've completed all of them as a team member, I haven't hosted the last two of them.

Perhaps we can arrange that with some of the players like you and I here.

6. Azzan

Azzan Member

Just bought the game today, took ~2-3hrs to install the game using USB DVDRW... but after all that I still can't play. :(
    It's keep asking to enter Rockstar activation code(and I've already done it once) and now it's saying the code is already in use..
    [​IMG]

7. Azzan

Azzan Member

This is soo fking annoying.. this game's been out for over 2 years and shouldn't have this problem.. :(
    Now I have to waste fking time and look for possible fix and wait for the reply from Rockstar.

Looks like people were having similar issue 2.5 years ago, and it's still happening.
    https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-the-game-but-still-asking-for-serial-number-
    "Managed to fix my related issue. I activated my game weeks ago, already played 40% into the campaign. While playing I had a power failure. Power came back on, tried to play again, but social club logs me in and asks for me to activate the game again. Using the same key (the one I got with my retail box, this is a non-steam version) it gives an activation error. So, log out of your social club account on the website, run your GTA launcher, if it signs you in automatically, hit back at activation, uncheck auto sign in, close the launcher. So make sure you are logged out of both. Log into your social club account again on the website, check auto sign in. Run the GTA launcher, log in, check auto sign in. If it still does not work, close launcher, reload launcher with auto sign in. Then my game worked again, no re-activation required. Seems to be a link broken between social play on the web and the launcher. Hope this works for you guys."
    So I tried that but didn't work for me. :(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  8. metalrain

metalrain Member

Did you buy it from EB Games or any retail store? I would just take it back and say the code was already used.

9. Azzan

Azzan Member

Bought it from EB Games, it was sealed.
    When I entered the activation code for the very first time I didn't get any error.. but rather than starting the game I was returned back to Activate screen and it was asking for the activation code again. (wtf?)
    So I re-entered the activation code and now its saying "Rockstar Activation code already in use". It's fking retarded cos it should be able to tell that code I used is linked to my account.. (it shouldn't be asking me to enter the activation code again at first place anyway)

10. li21

li21 Member

So I just got GTA V. (Bit late i know)
    Bought it only cos GTA Online looks good..

So I started the Online game and I'm not so sure I get it ...or enjoy it.
    It feels like single player mode for the most part.

Everything is so far apart in the map and I'm not seeing many other real players in the map.
    What I was expecting was other players running around trying to kill me, multi player missions galore etc. But In the couple of hours I spent on it, i didn't see anyone else. I heard people talking on their mics but thats about it.

Am I missing something ? Do I need to unlock something before the real fun begins ? Or am I expecting too much from GTA V Online?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Find a busy server and you shouldnt have a problem with people trying to kill if you stay around the city. Heists are where it's at though IMO.

12. Azzan

Azzan Member

Got the game working after ~4 days(few emails and had to send the photo of receipt and cd key at the end). Single player mode works fine but I get error every time I try multiplayer(?)..

13. Mistikal

Mistikal Member

Also jumped ont he band wagon recently, and call me an idiot but how do I get/enable/etc the Doomsday DLC? I've found a car roaming around which is from the DLC, but when I try store it in my garage I am told it cannot be stored until I have the DLC.

14. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Doomsday is online only.

To do the Doomsday Heist, you need to buy a Facility which costs about 1.5m. You then need to pay to setup each chapter, the first costs about 65k.

To get money, you can do missions which are about 10k each, sell a stolen car every hour ($5k - $10k roughly). Save your cash and try to get an MC or Office so you can start doing more profitable missions. I caved and got the starter kit which gives you most of the basics to do CEO missions which can earn good money if you put the time in.

I've been playing online for over a week with my sons and we run CEO missions out of our offices, job missions and are trying to get through the Doomsday missions but we weren't high enough level or geared enough (plus internet disconnections) so it's been a struggle.

It's like a really really good online mobile game which slowly sucks $$$ forcing you to keep the money coming in, but it can also take massive chunks out of your budget if you see something shiny like an armored car for $500k which is almost indestructible :D It is a grind, but once you start criminal businesses, it's good $$$ and fun.

15. JaCe88

JaCe88 Member

I played about 10 hours of story mode on Xbox One but I barely touch my Xbox nowadays... is it worth buying on PC in the Steam sale to go through the story again (since I don't think there is a way to transfer story mode across to PC) and online too?

16. Mistikal

Mistikal Member

Been doing a fair bit more online, already ranking up pretty quickly on my own but now getting to the point where I need more players than just myself to complete missions. Might start doing a few jobs, get some more RP and experience in different areas/aspects of the game. I have heard of some people being able to complete most things on their own, but that's pretty hardcore and dedicated, certainly not something I have the patience for!

If I do decide to just join a crew, or even stumble upon a group of local (Australian) players who are like me, where would be a great place to start looking? I'm so "backwards" I don't even have a headset, or Discord, etc etc.

17. Hookimus

Hookimus Member

I know you used to be able to transfer over your online progress from Xbox to PC but i'm not sure if it's still possible

There is an OCAU crew floating around but i'm not sure if anyone in it is still active but you can be apart of multiple crews and switch between which one shows up at will.
    I've been tempted to jump on lately to try out the new Heist, i'll jump on tonight if you wanted to party up (Name is Hookimus everywhere).

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  18. li21

li21 Member

I gave up on the game altogether.
    This is a great game if you got time, but for the casual gamer with limited play time it doesnt work.

These are my gripes:
    - The time to travel from one place to another is a killer.
    - All the game modes / missions don't make any sense to me ... Like the slashers game ?
    - Heists spend so much time travelling and setting up only to have one guy blow the whole mission in seconds.
    - Can't seem to make enough money quick enough.
    - Load / wait times are too long

I really wanted to persist with it after watching all the funny youtube clips, but the grind takes too much out of my limited game time.

19. Mistikal

Mistikal Member

One of the things i learnt from Youtube clips, buy a helicopter and get it insured/etc. Need to get across the map? Call for the chopper, drive to its delivery location (heaps of helipads on the map), and fly instead, takes about 1/4 of the time.

20. JaCe88

JaCe88 Member

Thanks for that. Solved my problem as I barely have time to play much :(