Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Citiz3n, Oct 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Citiz3n

Citiz3n Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Reaper

Reaper Member

Yea, 4 totally sucked. Was slow at first, but even with a fast system now, it still feels like you're controlling the character through an atmosphere of mollasses while the controls were as responsive as giving them written commands sent through the post office.

If it's on the same engine as 4, very easy pass.

3. Linkin

Linkin Member

4. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

there is a god! :leet:

was just saying the other day how there's no good games
    can't wait till the next gta.

woot! :thumbup:

5. Littledragon

Littledragon Member

few people had the opinion that GTAIV wasn't that good ....... i fucking loved it. can't wait for this game!

6. Linkin

Linkin Member

It was good, it was just more "realistic" and less humorous. for example GTA Vice City/III have lots of funny cliches, funny billboards, ads, random pedestrians that say funny shit, etc. GTa IV had less of that. And it was poorly ported.

7. Dijm8

Dijm8 Member

just made my night :thumbup:

8. lithos

lithos Member

Yup, it did have a massive case of Realism Disease. No humour, dull locations, and shit cars. Yes, it's realistic that 99% of cars on roads are either shitboxes or sensible, boring family sedans and station wagons, but that's not why I play GTA.

I mean, you had to pay tolls, for fuck's sake!

9. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Can't wait :upset:.

10. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

i liked that sorta stuff, more so coz it made you feel like a badass mofo for not paying :leet:
    always thought it needed petrol tanks and stations like in mafia
    would be so cool to jack a car and be chased by the cops only to run out of juice :lol:

reinstalling gta3 now :D

11. Linkin

Linkin Member

Already got vice city installed.

All the classic GTA's are on steam as well.

12. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

The whole game design needs an overhaul really. There is too much of a disconnect between the sandbox and the scripted missions. It could lighten up a bit too without going batshit saint row crazy.

I doubt it will be a huge leap if it's still being made for this console generation.

Sounds like Los Santos is likely.

13. Linkin

Linkin Member

I agree. I don't think rockstar are going to deviate from their precious consoles any time soon.

14. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

why would they?
    no one actually buys the pc version! :Pirate:

15. broox

broox Member

I think that why I couldn't bring myself to sink in more than a couple of hours :/

16. lithos

lithos Member

That, and Niko was a two-dimensional character. I mean he literally had one two dimensions to his personality: "I'LL KEEELL YOU! I'LL FUCKING KEEELL YOU!!!" *pause* "When will all the keeling end?"

Bipolar, or what?

17. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

yeah YEAHHHH

18. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

At least Rockstar has admitted that the port of IC to PC was a complete failure, and that they won't be making that same mistake twice. Given that the current "gen" of consoles are getting on in years, and the next gen won't be out for some time, I have high hopes for PC lead development then a console port.

Or at least I can hope for it.

The day IV came out, I played from 9:30am (I had to pick it up at an EB Games at 9am) until 4am that morning, then I was back playing by 10am. I clocked up 100% in 7 days and earned my god damn key to liberty city. Thinking back, being a uni student with plenty of free time... I'd do it all again. :D

19. poguemahone

poguemahone Member

San Andreas suffered a bit from this as well.

I preferred the silent protagonist of GTA3 or the completely unashamed psychopath of Vice City. Attempting to create a sympathetic character just doesn't work when the first thing you do when you gain control is a burnout on an old lady's face.

20. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Ahhh the memories of having the R18 version of GTA III & Vice City from its first day release (I was 11 years old :p) and never ever putting the PS2 controller down for days, if not weeks. Oh also Metal Gear Solid 2 & Snake Eater are my only PS2 Memories I will forever have, the rest were garbage.

I quite enjoy the realism (attempted) on GTA IV. At least I know the outcome if I try to run a pay toll, or punch multiple police officers :p.

Oh yer Niko definitely had Bipolar. Even though I also wanted to punch roman when he wouldn't stop whinging, felt like your cousin was a hideous female the whole time.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011