Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Citiz3n, Oct 25, 2011.

1. roamin

roamin Member

i had to persist for around 3 hours straight on thursday night to get past the race. ever since i got past it on my ps3 i have never had any problems joining a game since than.

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Did you just leave it on the 'waiting for other players' screen until it just worked...or keep restarting the M/P ?

Im at my wits end with this thing, any tips would be appreciated

3. Shawry

Shawry Member

Another player here with no luck getting online past that first tutorial race.
    I understand servers cop a beating, but its such poor game design to have that sort of bottleneck!
    Cant even join a server with friends until I get through this damn race!

4. Exige

Exige (Banned or Deleted)

Still trying to get past the first race, tried deleting my character and starting again. Will report back.

5. roamin

roamin Member

i actually let it wait for ages, but learnt in the end, if its not working within 5 minutes than you are wasting your time. when it did work, the race loaded up and started in about 2 - 3 minutes. i had it sitting there for 15 minutes at times and it never worked, i assume after that amount of time it was timing out. so dont wait too long before you try again.

edit:

from http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...6246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  6. Exige

So I've tried solo, deleting the character, invite only, all across the last few days. I've had no luck so I'm going to wait for the patch later (this is all on 360).

7. mmBax

mmBax Member

Where are you all getting stuck?

I walked into the blue marker. Heard some kid talking, then the lobby thing loaded up.

After maybe 10 minutes I got the betting window. Couldn't change wager amount, now its just a blurry vision of me standing in the car park.

8. Morphine

Morphine Member

Probably Dicks or BigW.

9. Exige

Walk into blue marker, guy rolls up with car. Guy gets out, walks off, and then the car disappears and a few people appear. That's it.

Before deleting my character I had the occasional screen where the car drives up twice, but I've never seen a wager screen.

Forgot to mention I have deleted the title update as well. I might do that again this afternoon.

10. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

So apparently if you blow up peoples cars you get labeled a bad sport and can only play with other bad sports for 2 days - meaning you can't play with friends

uh yeah that's real fun in a gta game rockstar

11. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

That's just f#$%ing stupid :mad:

12. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I've seen that posted on another forum, Ive tried it all....nothing

I guess I'll just have to wait for the next patch to see if that fixes it. :rolleyes:

13. mmBax

mmBax Member

I CBF honestly. I've tried it a few times, I was looking forward to gold all weekend to test it out. But if its not going to work then I'm not going to waste my weekend trying.

14. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Patch is live on Xbox

and holy shit, its working now ! :D

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

played a lil MP last night @ 12am started buggy as (teleporting me etc) then got good, so fun tho some missions u do with people are hard if they dont have mics...

is there any articles explaining multi-player how it all works, all my mates keep asking me and I can only share my experience so far as:

Your custom created mute character starts off with some introduction missions, then you steal a non exotic car as 'yours' which you can do some free mods to and insure so its always around. You are then shown how to hold up places and put into a mission, from there its free roaming with ability to do missions single or co-op as well as multi-player specific things like deathmatch and races which are located on the map, once you finish a round it will keep you with the players and you can vote on whats next or drop back to free roam (can also place bets on outcome). You can see every other player on the map in your server, it tries to put you in same server as PSN friends. You can enter a mode where other players cant interact or hurt you and you the same to them, guess this is good if you want to progress but keep getting trolled (tho you level up and make money quicker if with people even more if in your crew (which can be made via social club). Money in your bank is safe, money on your person is always at risk if you die its gone.. you can bank it via ATM or on your mobile. If you become the kind of bad egg who kills everyone etc, the server will tend to match you with other douche bags, there is an emphasis on getting along nicely and keeping the killing to the specific multi-player modes. You get a new menu accessed by holding select which lets you share money, change your facial expression and victory animation. Everything in the game is much pricier then SP this allows for slow progression, you aint going to own a custom turbo'd cheetah any time soon or have that full chest tattoo, though you can buy money with real money (bit lame) you can also purchase property and deck it out (dont know much on this)

Amazing and will be good fun with mates.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  16. blackbunny

blackbunny Member

ending was so satisfying, everything that i wanted to do, i got to do in the ending :D

17. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I played my first lot of mp this morning. One the first race easily, one Muppet had his microphone on, and screaming baby in the background. Did a mission to steal some drugs, easy as. Dropped it off, mission ended, shotgun blast to the head when exited the mission from a fellow player.

Game didn't load after, glitched, so went back to sp.

Might try again later I guess.

18. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

All of this was already said months ago.. would be nice to actually have the experience. My character got reset so thanks to Rockstar Games for not testing a game/online system before making it available.

19. Dreama

Dreama Member

Should there be a separate GTA V storymode and GTA V ONLINE thread?

Cos I'm seeing a heap of stuff about Online and I'm only interested in storymode at this point.

20. Exige

+1 to this suggestion.