Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Citiz3n, Oct 25, 2011.

1. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

All of roamin's tips are great.
    Its not really difficult to make money, especially once you reach lvl 20-25 as you get higher paying missions.

But ALWAYS sell cars, its the easiest way to make cash ontop of doing missions.

2. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

It may have been pretty boring, but it's nice to have some cash again! Thank you Potshot!

3. osiris87321

osiris87321 Member

I haven't done many races, but I think they are a pretty good way to make money too.

I definitely prefer playing the Missions and Deathmatches. But I think I've done every mission (maybe one I haven't completed), and now that you only get 1/2 the money for every time you do it again they are losing their appeal. Deathmatches are also pretty bad for money as well.

Also now that I have an Appartment with 10 Car garage stocked with an Entity and few other nice cars. I don't even have much need for money. Think I'm saving up for a buzzard, but considering you can already get them for free most of the time by going to trevors airfield it doesn't really seem worth it.

Few other tips a lot of people don't seem to know.

Hold select to get to the quick GPS menu, you can use this on missions to show you where you have to go instead of having to pause and go to the map. Can also be used to find Ammu-Nations Mod shops and other places.

From that select menu you can also access other useful things. If someone steals your car you can set personal vechicle access to no one or crew only and it kicks them out. I've had a lot of fun chasing people down with this.

You can start any Race/Deathmatch/Parachute by just opening the map in the pause menu, hovering over the Race and pressing Square (X on xbox i think).

Most people probably know you get an Elergy (which is one of the best cars you can get until you have about $800,000) for free once you join a crew and have a garage. But if it get's destroyed, don't pay the insurance fee, just buy a new one. You can buy as many as you want. I had 8 of them in my garage at one point.

4. FFC

FFC Member

I forget the name, but it involved a chopper/container. You need to be level 36 for it to be available.

5. omen_child

omen_child Member

They should take away the penalty for blowing up the personal cars of people with a bounty on their head.

I'm happy to pay their insurance excess, but the bad sport warning is harsh.

6. mcrow5

mcrow5 Member

fixed..........they need to get rid of the bad sport, killing other people and their stuff is what gta is all about.

7. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

I'm sure most of you that have played GTA Online have found some strange things happen, or people getting around in weird things. But this is the most strangest of all...

A Buzzard attack chopper inside someone's garage... the fu?...
    [​IMG]

& then a Rhino Tank & SWAT Van.. double the fu?...
    [​IMG]

Now I'm pretty much bored of the GTA Online thing but doing random things can help with it. I know you can easily/safely obtain the 'Obey Tailgater' car which Michael has in the Story Mode. I've seen a few people with a replica of Franklin's Buffallo (not exact, but visually its identical) & Trevor's 4WD. Those 2 cars were supposedly 'extracted' from the Single Player version & put into GTA Online (that wasn't by Rockstar Games). Then it's been spreading like herpes at a college ever since by people glitching it.

8. FFC

FFC Member

You can buy tanks online....has to be delivered somewhere I guess :lol:

9. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

I mercilessly slaughtered (twice) a player who I thought was stalking me as I turned in a car for Simeon. Turned out it was a crew member :( There was no blue on the player icon :(

10. Morphine

Morphine Member

That'd be me (Gump24601) :(

I had you as a blue icon. I'm not sure of this, but did you have another crew set as the primary? Crew members that have other crews set as active I reckon should still come up as a friendly instead of just a white dot. I don't believe Rockstar has implemented this though, but it's frustrating when two people are seeing two different things.

11. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

:( I am part of another crew, but pretty sure I have OCAU as my primary will have to double check.

On that note, $25000 for the OCAU logo on my car? Fuck that. Specially after they nerfed missions payouts (thank god for Coveted) the money sinks are just crazy.

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Yeah the cost of car customisation is insane.

Also the payouts for missions for Simeon and Gerald are goddamn tiny compared to Lester and Ron.
    I tend to just not both with them as its not worth my time anymore :(

Had some fun last night trolling some guys who kept killing me for no reason earlier.

Was trying to turn in a car to LSC for cash and they had parked a car at the entrance so no one could get in. Drove in, saw that and was instantly killed.

Anyways around 30 mins later i got a helicopter and flew back to the main city and saw them standing still killing eachother and decided to have some fun.

Parked my helicopter on a room where they where congregating and started sniping them from the roof with headshots. They where freaking out on voice chat not knowing where i was killing them from. They eventually found me and killed me but was totally worth it.

I love revenge :D

13. roamin

roamin Member

this, had it last night and also this morning. but i love the chase so i allow them to kill me than its on like donkey kong once they have killed me.

i love it when its a COD playing style kid that you are killing. they just dont grasp the cover system as there used to running into everything as its a fast paced game, me on the other hand i am a dayz player, i can camp all day and wait for them lol.

14. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

My key is to get far enough away from them (if they are chasing me in a car) and hide behind something solid like a tree or a building corner so they cant plow through it and kill me.

That way your guy auto locks onto them, and they are just shooting wildly.
    They also get SUPER pissed off, which brings me endless pleasure.

I dont kill people just for shits and giggles, but i always have my gun out and cover close by if it looks like they are making a b-line for me. If they even fire 1 shot in my direction i light em up light a christmas tree.

15. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

alright so this is the 3rd time i have lost my character wtf is going on?

I better not miss out on that 500k

16. linsi

linsi Member

This shit still happening ?? Thankfully I have not lost a character but I have lost plenty of cash/rank due to saving issues, its been good the last week or so.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Ive never had an issue.
    When i leave the game i ALWAYS go back to the offline game then quit from there.

18. Troast

Troast Member

I glitched a lazer jet into my garage and my mechanic brings it to me and it has insurance.

19. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

So you're saying if you do this you wont have trouble ? Because that's what I have done from day 1, if it doesn't sync to their servers it doesn't matter what you do to exit the game.

20. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Well that what they suggested to try for people who are having issues.
    I just do it to be sure (ive never had a problem).