Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Citiz3n, Oct 25, 2011.

1. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

Yeah that's the way you should do it, it's been running pretty smooth lately, sometimes I can't turn off chat and can hear everybody even when I have it set to crew & friends.

Anyone been doing the Adder/Sell to LSC multiple times trick ?

2. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

You can sell the Adder to LSC????

3. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

Yep, you get around 200k, but stinks since you pay 1mil for it !

4. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

ditto, no issues (ps3)

i find the easiest way to steal a jet is to steal a helicopter :Paranoid:

fly to the south side of the base, between the two towers, i usually am closer to the one on the east side, hereish

fly over the fence and quickly set down beside the jet pen/area, again i go for the east one here

get in the jet asap (sometimes you'll get lucky and not have to deal with soldiers), either gun it, stay low to avoid the SAMs and head north or try to do a quick 120-150 degree turn just out of the pen and take off heading south east stay low and enjoy your new fighter jet.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  5. Veefy

Veefy Member

By enjoy, you mean fly it for 30 seconds before you crash it... :)

Has anyone ever participated in the Top Fun or Top Fun II missions where the team with the fighter jets actually won?

I've played those missions about 12 times and it's 12 nil in favour of the people running away.

I think the best bet might be to fly to where the runners have to go, parachute out of the jet and try to lay an ambush somewhere near the spot.

TLDR: No-one I've encountered can fly the jets.

6. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Opposite for me.
    Runners always die.

7. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

i can fly, i probably flew around for a good 10 minutes last night before i crashed into a electricity tower while lining up a shot at a random, those towers are hard to see at night!!!
    ;) you probably just need some practice. my flying skill online is less than 20, but i dont crash often.

Top Fun/2 im probably 50-50: i have escaped, i have got killed trying to escape, i have shot the escapees, i have crashed the jet being fancy... ;)

there are two things i have noticed:
    when running people often just drive straight down the main roads, they make easy targets... i weave and turn and double back, keeping under bridges, down short streets, between tall buildings.

when hunting don't rely on the missiles, they miss more often than not, use the guns, easy kills when you get some noob driving down the middle of the highway...

8. FFC

FFC Member

What's the story with this mission - do the runners have to get to a certain point, or just survive x amount of time?

9. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Need to get to a drop off point.

10. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

Ok, so I just blew up a car that some douchebag owns, know that I had $0 on me for the insurance (was an adler or smthn), but no, I got hit with the full $12000, taken from my bank.

I didnt even see this change in the patch notes...

One other thing, has anyone notives times when you dont seem to lock on to players, even though they are definitly in the range of the weapon? Died like a noob before auto-aim didnt do shit.

11. osiris87321

osiris87321 Member

That's not new, it's always been the case.

Auto aim hasnt worked for me properly a bunch of times too

12. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

No way thats how insurance has always worked. Too many times have I either:
    1) Paid for my insurance in full when someone blew it up
    2) Not paid any insurance for someone elses car.

13. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Not sure if others have received their funds yet but I got mine from Rockstar a few minutes ago. The whole chunk & $1 :p

[​IMG]

14. Morphine

Morphine Member

Might log on this morning to check (hadn't received it last night).

Don't spend that $1 all at once!

On a side note, some people have said on forums that amounts have ranged from 500k to 1mil or so. Really not sure how R* is distributing it but you'd think it'd be fairly easy to give out an exact number ...

15. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Maaaan I've been in the servo for at least 30 minutes deciding if I should buy a P's & Q's chocolates for $1... I hate making decisions:Paranoid:

16. PMack

PMack Member

Don't do it!!! It'll make your character fat. Then you have no chance of running away from people :thumbdn:

17. osiris87321

osiris87321 Member

I never have any cash on me and 9/10 times the money comes straight out of my bank or my car is paid for by the person that blew mine up. I think I read somewhere that you don't have to pay if they are a bounty, but then that doesn't seem to work properly either.

18. osiris87321

osiris87321 Member

Got my stimulus too. Have 1.5 mil and not sure what to spend it on. Already have fully modded entity and 10 car apartment. Dont really have the need for any other cars, thought about a tank but it's probably a bad idea if I want to stay in good sport lobbies.

19. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Buzzard chopper works wonders on 80% of missions. I've literally halved (even more sometimes) by using the Buzzard and not driving around tracking crap down & destroying it.

Only downside is that even if your near a hangar.. it'll spawn at the complete opposite side of the freaking map, it apparently loves being @ the hospital:thumbdn:

20. Morphine

Morphine Member

Thinking of saving up for the Buzzard myself. I'm tossing up whether to get the Frogger though just as a people mover for heists (whenever that happens).