Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Citiz3n, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

I've remembered tonight why I usually end up hating playing online... the 13yo cockbags that shouldn't even be playing this game who kill you and blow up the high priority import, yes the one you've spent 20mins and $780 on, just as you're about to stuff it in Simeon's garage.

Kids these days, GTFO my lawn. *shakes fist* :Pirate:

2. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

Seriously ? what a cry baby

3. 6thgear

6thgear Member

I remember when i had this happen to me. It's not a big deal, part of the game man. However after the guy did it to me he ended up following me 6 continuous times to kill again

4. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

Whilst I admit I was a tad liquored up last night, it's still annoying that a) Dipshit parents have bought the game for their non balls-dropped son and b) they were camping there doing the same thing to others that were bringing cars in.

Yeah, this was part of his repertoire as well.

I'm all for having fun online, but the "kill you bazillion times/teabag/no you can't do your missions" set really take some of the shine off the game when you're trying to relax after a shitty work week.

5. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

If that kind of thing annoys you play Invite only session or solo, end of that problem. People that hang around LSC and carry on with that shit are just a joke. Unrelated to your gripe, I just love it when those tossers blow up my Adder and have to pay the $12.5k Insurance bill, I'm sure that gives me more pleasure than them.

6. trop

trop Member

Finally finished the single player game this morning. Very impressed with the story and the game as a whole, this is now my favorite GTA game - until they do a Vice City remake anyway.

On a side note, this game was a pretty awesome way to end this generation of consoles for me. My 360 will be traded in this week ready for the xbone and I'm glad it went out on such a high note.

7. alexb618

alexb618 Member

thats why RS invented passive mode

8. roamin

roamin Member

no multiplayer? thats the best part

9. trop

trop Member

Played it a bit, didn't rate it to be honest. This type of game is all about the story mode for me.

10. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

You can still die by getting hit by a car & even in a car. Passive mode is useless, incredibly useless. You're basically an open target with no weapons to equip.. smooth move RS:thumbdn:

11. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Yep passive mode is a joke, you can still get run down and gunned down by some other players and have 0 defence while it happens.

12. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

You can also die if you are in a car and they blow it up.

You should be immune to all damage that any player causes you or the vehicle you are in.

13. roamin

roamin Member

this is why the only time i go passive is when im needing a piss break or something and im in a heli, park it on maze roofs bank than get out and run down the stairs and hide behind the stairs so nothing can blow me up and no heli's can get to me. so yeah very limited use and its a terrible move by RS.

they have a good idea but they really need to just put the player into a god mode effect. nothing can damage you!

14. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

me too, what an awesome game. I rarely finish a lot of games these days but I put in like 40 hours into this. Cant work out why exactly but it was so much better than gta4

Only at like 78% though, missing some of the random stuff

15. trop

trop Member

I just didn't really like the characters in GTA4, made it hard work to play.

I liked all the characters in this one, but Trevor will always be a standout game character for me. When you were playing as him you sort of felt like anything you did, no matter how fucked up would just fit with his character :p

I got to 84% complete I think, was enough for me to be happy that I got my $80 worth of entertainment out of the game.

16. FFC

FFC Member

Played this a heap last night with a few mates. Good fun.

Heatseekers are pretty useless, and it's insanely hard to line them up with the guns due to the speed difference...plus if you slow down too much you've got about 2 seconds before you hit the ground.

I had far more fun on the bikes than I did in the jets.

Also pretty easy to fly straight to the docks and barricade the road with cars ready to blow up as soon as they arrive on their bikes :lol: Cheap tactic though.

I felt like I could really do whatever the hell I wanted when playing with him. Drive like an idiot, shoot whoever. Just generally give zero fucks.

Completely different with Michael/Franklin.

17. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

I am not sure what started it (apparently the other guy), but I joined a game last night to see Morphine killed twice by the same guy (hope he wasn't an OCAUer too!).

Is it bad that the most fun I have had over the last few days has been mercilessly killing some random simply because he killed a crew mate?

15 minutes and many deaths later he left, feel kinda bad for him....

18. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Thats the most fun i have had.
    Its usually started by someone else, and i just keep killing them :)

Had a heap of fun a few nights ago with a whole heap of OCAU'ers.
    Just hanging out at LSC killing cops and doing random shit.

Great fun :thumbup:

19. Morphine

Morphine Member

Well 99% of the time I don't start something and it always ends up someone killing me first, then it's on like donkey kong!

Minding my own business just running around a mod shop, olde010 (I think that's what is nick was) kills me out of the blue. Fine, game on. Too bad for him that he may have killed Smashwa and I maybe once more each, but for him it was a never-ending wave of death until he had enough and quit :D

I don't feel for those people at all. If you're going to start something, I'm going to do everything in my power to finish it. Unless you're in a tank, then it's game over :lol:

20. Louie86

Louie86 Member

Agreed that was quite fun!