GRID 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by 2SHY, Aug 6, 2012.

1. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

They've really paid alot of attention to Multiplayer aswell. It's really a game in itself much like Forza Horizon.

2. Will S

Will S Member

1/ You really dont need brakes
    2/ Play it on easy
    3/ Pit maneuver doesnt work
    4/ Graphics basically console ... 1st look was impressed but thats it
    5/ Definitely worth $29.99
    6/ If you like your back end stepping out you will love it
    7/ Sliding is what its based on .. see 6

If you want something based on real racing dynamics then DONT buy this but if you want something for basically plain FUN then give it a go. Just remember its about fun and not realismn and you will really like it.

3. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Works like a charm, basically makes your ps3 pad emulate a 360 pad.

4. OldMate

OldMate Member

Is it actually playable on keyboard?

Most of Codemaster's stuff seems to be.

5. andymate

andymate Member

Pretty much have tried to play it with the g27 and i can't drive effectively with it. Basically the car oversteers to much out of corners.

Switched over the an xbox controller after 3 hours and had already beat my time by 5 seconds on the first lap i did.

Also if i use g27 online i get smashed. It doesn't feel right at all.

Has anyone worked out how to drive with a wheel yet? Is there any special settings? I have tried many but they are no where near as effective as a controller.

Still i like this game, it'll be fun for a month or so until coh 2 comes out.

6. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

Most people I've heard from using a wheel say this game is shit with a wheel. Driving model appears designed for gamepads.

A shame this game is so arcadey. Are there any other racing games that try to involve some kinda of race team management?

7. Digit

Digit Member

if CM had've kept the ability to turn off almost all the driving aids i'm sure you guys calling it 'too arcadey' would love it a hell of a lot more. Anyone tried the hardest difficulty? Perhaps that turns off all the driving aids :confused: And as for the announcer, I don't find him overly annoying at all, he's just there giving you some handy tips if/when you need em, he's not OTT like in DiRT Showdown.

Has anyone else noticed artefacting when you crash? I get some purple patches on the screen at random places whenever i hit something a little hard, only for a frame or two.

8. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

That's part of the game, your view is basically a screen/camera and when you hit a wall it distorts/corrupts the image feed like in a camera. Another pathetic attempt to bringing something new to a game that should have been GRiD 1, since this has less options then GRiD 1.

Biggest let down of games in 2013 has been GRiD 2:thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:

9. robnkel

robnkel Member

Has anyone else noticed artefacting when you crash? I get some purple patches on the screen at random places whenever i hit something a little hard, only for a frame or two.[/QUOTE]

I reckon its on purpose.

10. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Also.. Some people are working on a Cockpit view mod. Surely someone else has stumbled upon this but for the lazy people, here's a clip.

11. MyElbowFellOff

MyElbowFellOff Member

I think Codemasters did that in their reboot of Operation Flashpoint as well. Some fluff about making it look like a glitchy live-feed headcam.

12. Digit

Digit Member

o_O that's actually kinda cool now i know it's meant to be there on purpose lol.

I know this isn't a pure racing game like GT5 but i'm liking it hey. True it's very different from grid, but if it was the same i think you'd have people complaining about how it's nothing new.

13. AthlonMan

Personally I feel the game does what set out to do. It's an basic race game that's competent is every area but not outstanding in any. It's certainly better than F1 2012 was when released on PC (F1 being broken upon release).

14. andymate

andymate Member

This is true, it is a decent game even though things have been removed from the original and not really replaced. The multiplayer is fun, even more fun when you have a few friends partied up with you. The single player is just alright, nothing spectacular.

My only gripe is how bad they supported the g27/Wheels in general. So hard to countersteer compared to the controller. With the controller you can quickly flip between steer to countersteer and back again and it keeps your car from sliding into a wall. With the wheel it and the wheel force you can't move that quickly meaning you can't drive as quick unless you enjoy hitting walls. Also the when you countersteer sometimes the FFB goes loose and just lets go. Tried different settings for hours. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Anyway i would probably give this game a 7 with a controller. Wheel is terrible don't even bother.

15. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

played online with some mates last night... heaps of fun... game is great fun

screw all the hate... its not GT... its not Forza... its different from Grid 1 but if you want grid 1 play grid 1... this game is good in its own right and i don't care what anyone says, this has been the least buggy game i've played on launch day all year... not saying it without any... but it runs flawlessly on all my systems, something i haven't been able to say with many other big releases this year

16. Will S

Will S Member

but its more fun with a steering wheel, maybe you cant go as fast as with a controller but ffs.... its a steering wheel and that gives the game a little more reality then a controller

I can just imagine taking some kids for driving lessons ... they jump into the car, whip out their PS3 or Xbox controller and are shocked when the car wont move:rolleyes:

I found the G27 easy to setup and its easy to control the game with its buttons etc. Compared to other games, setting it up was a breeze.
    One thing that pisses me off is exiting the game......button after bloody button then it asks are you really sure ?

had a slight flaw with menu but after restarting it has run smooth

To any one who wants to buy this .... ITS AN ARCADE game, not a racing simulator ... its fun

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  17. xosfear

xosfear Member

GT5 is no where near a pure racing game. If you're looking for that try rFactor2 or iRacing.

18. andymate

andymate Member

If i want reality with a steering wheel i get on a sim. All i wanted from grid 2 was the wheel to be competitive but it is not, it is almost impossible to get out of a high speed slide as the wheel goes completely limp when you countersteer. So yeh i still play but only with a controller.

If anyone has found or got a good g27 setup (Logitech and in game settings) please do share.

19. botlfed

botlfed Member

Had a quick bash last night for a couple of hours, was quite enjoyable overall. The AI is a bit frustrating, so is the lack of options when it comes to the handling. Runs like a dream though and looks quite nice at the same time.

I can see myself spending quite a few hours on it this long weekend! If anyone wants their post-race friends leader board a bit more populated feel free to add me on steam here.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  20. AthlonMan

Add me to steam: Farnsworth

Had a go at the global challenges before. It's tricky to get Gold on some of them.