Grim Dawn - From Creators of Titan Quest

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Tiberio, Aug 9, 2010.

1. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

It's primarily a single player/coop with friends games, rather than joining with Randoms.

So while the options are there if you want to cheat, as long as you trust the people you play with (and yourself) your game wont be impacted.

2. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

This.

I have been having a blast with it. Playing on veteran. My gripes:
    I got into an area where you get one time access, and the game crashed whilst in it.
    I lose the mouse easily during large fights - is there a way to make it stand out more?. I play at 3440x1440, and the cursor doesn't seem to scale up.
    No option to only show me certain quality items? No one wants whites!
    Hard to move when surrounded. Hard to click on the ground to move when there is items all over the ground and enemies everywhere. (I have since learned that there is a move only command)

Everything else is fine.

3. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I think it's Z key will only show magic items. No whites. Only downside is you have to hold it down.

4. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

There is an option to only show certain qualities of items. It is on the left side of the HUD, it looks like a triangle filled with sparkles.

5. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

I knew about the z button, but this really should be toggleable. I'll have a look at what you say though. This sounds perfect.

Another question - how to find out what damage is being done? Is there a way to see some information on the different enemies?

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

I have mine set to Rare+ all the time, and yes I have any details displayed and damage quantities showing just from the settings menu have a play in there :thumbup:

7. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

Me too. Whites are a waste of time, so I quickly found the button to change the visible loot, works a treat!

8. mavric41

mavric41 Member

Grim Dawn Ashes of Malmouth expansion

Grim Dawn Ashes of Malmouth expansion - out OCT 11 - $17.99 on Steam

This new expansion brings two new chapters to the ARPG bringing new zones, and as the title suggests, the city of Malmouth. Two new Masteries are also being added to the game, the Inquisitor and ARPG favourite the Necromancer.

Over 300 unique items have also been added for loot fiends and there are also 14 new Constellations. To keep players on their toes, the update brings 40 new bosses and Mini-bosses.

This is a large Grim Dawn expansion and it’s around 50% of the size of the base game with a level cap increase up to 100 so there’s plenty to play for.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/grim-dawn-ashes-malmouth-expansion-release-date

I am so excited for this - this is one of my all time favourite games and I have clocked up nearly 1000 hours.

9. Tazor

Tazor Member

Me too, not quite a thousand hours, but a few hundred for sure, super excited to play an inquisitor. My current build is a dual wield pistol demolitionist so this class looks right up my alley. Necromancer looks like like the resurgence of the all powerful Spirit TQ class with more of a Nature style minion in that you can summon many, but I love the idea of a Zombie horde, debuffing the enemy then draining their life into my own to stay alive, I wonder how powerful that will be. Too excited right now!

10. shizmo

shizmo Member

I have done a few playthru's on Grim, but it kinda lost me along the way. I really enjoyed it but I felt the grind wasn't as rewarding and certain gear was just very hard to get for certain builds made me give up.

This was a fair while ago tho so might be worth revisit... Everytime I want to PoE seems to scratch my itch more than I feel grim might.

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

haha, I find I'm the opposite, every time I've tried PoE I ended up returning to GD. The game boomed massively a few times so the content has likely grown a lot.

12. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Mouse getting lost?

Yolomouse. ;)

13. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

I've got a Dual wield pistol demolitionist as well, I've not played for a while, and they appear to have nerfed the attack speed that let my build work (very squishy, relying on life-leech and high attack speed to keep alive), so I'll probably be starting again.

I've given up farming gear for the build I want, instead I try to build around the gear I've got.

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

Just thought this was funny timing because I'm watching Narcos at the moment and get the notification "PabloEscobar has quoted you post" :lol:

15. Tazor

Tazor Member

New subclasses are a lot of fun, loving my Aether/Summon/Life steal Necromancer.

Currently working on 2 builds.

Demo/Inquisitor for fire damage from dual pistol.

Necro/Arcanist for massive Aether damage from behind a wall of Skeleton minions

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  16. Sankari

Sankari Member

This game has some nice ideas, but it is buggy as hell. It regularly changes my equipment to earlier items I no longer own, and today I found that my level 47 character had been reset to 23, with all my progress and high end equipment completely gone.

Thanks for nothing!

17. Tazor

Tazor Member

Has it swapped from local to cloud saves?
    This has happened to me before and switching this got them back.

18. Sankari

Sankari Member

No it hasn't, and after checking the forums I see I'm not the only victim of this bug. :(

*edit*

Tried toggling local/cloud save, and my character was restored! Thank you so much.

:D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  19. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yay!

Yeah I had this once before and had the same thing.
    Seems to be some weird config thing, but good to know it's fixed :D

Sankari likes this.
  20. Tazor

Tazor Member

Next Expansion set for a March release with infinite dungeons and some interesting movement based augments.

Really looking forward to this, been playing around with a few builds that I think will benefit a lot from the Oathbreaker Subclass.

Anyone else still playing this?