1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Groceries running out

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MoMaN69, Mar 3, 2020.

1. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/scott-m...-and-pubs-to-close-under-drastic-new-measures

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I really think you're going out of your way to make it difficult.

I think the current PM is a complete knob, but I still think he was pretty clear. He gave a good list of examples. Logistics, especially in this climate, are going to be highly essential, and can be low risk if done correctly. Gyms, pubs, clubs, concerts, holiday travel, social events - no. Pretty obvious.

The lack of common sense on display in Australia right now is embarrassing. As is how quickly the small minded get bored.

3. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

The information is changing fast which is making it hard to keep up and believe what is current.
    People should not be relying on social media for news right now because tweets and retweets from a few hours ago are now irrelevant.

Whole companies are still going off Daniel Andrews' tweet about a lockdown of ALL non essential services from last night. Something which was reversed a few hours later, confirmed by the PM and confirmed again by Andrews today that it is not happening.

4. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

WHAT?!?!? I thought OCAU users were the only ones qualified to run the country in a time like this.

It's political football played by both sides who are feeling the water as they go. This is a bi-partisan clusterfuck.

Make Scotty and Dan etc line up for their own bog roll and we'll see how much things change.

5. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

yeah Gladys said on Sunday morning that ALL non-essential businesses will need to close, then ScoMo goes and says that it's only pub, clubs, gyms, churches etc. that need to close

6. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

7. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i wonder how much membership at Costco has boomed

8. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Doubt much at all... There's nothing Costco had that you cannot get elsewhere for same or cheaper... and who would want to go Costco when it's so packed

9. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Do they deliver?

JSmith

10. Hater

Hater Member

11. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Fair point mate, my error.

I thought it was this silly discussion going on again that 60%+ is ineffective.

JSmith

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Yeah but you can get it in bulk!!!!

13. chook

chook Member

Easy mistake though as I did say originally 60% alcohol and not 60 proof. I know that proof is half the alcohol % but had assumed from the joke in the next sentence that the entire post was a joke so didn't bother.

14. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Just battled to the supermarket... no paper products at all, I'll survive.

What really pissed me off is I tried to get:

Frozen chips x 2
    Hash Browns x 2
    Beans x 2
    Peas x 1

... computer said no, 1 x chips, 1 x beans only, rest was taken off me with an apology. I should at least be able to purchase one type of each product... was heaps of those items there. Meh...

JSmith

15. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Which shop? I had no probs at Aldi...

16. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Woolies... might give the local Aldi a go. I was trying to avoid the supermarket altogether... battling on with a P2 mask.

JSmith

17. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

My woolies was way overstocked with beef...ive never seen so much beef... however chicken seemed to be in short supply.. apart from the usual toilet paper and hand sanitizer being out is stock... everything else was plentiful. I don't see the restrictions leading much longer imho... people will not care anymore once they realise shops will not close ... even shops in wuhan are stocked.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  18. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Strangely similar at this woolies too... fair bit of pork also, not much chook.

This whole event is quite depressing. :(

JSmith

19. magius

magius Member

Likewise. Couldn't find any mince anywhere, not even Costco which was sold out. But there was heaps of mince at the local Coles and they were still unloading a couple of boxes. Maybe I just went in as they were refilling.

On the other hand, Costco was running short of most stuff. Maybe 1/4 of the meats left, rationing toilet paper with only one pallet left. Hmmm, panic buying still happening i guess.

20. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

Woolies must have bought all the cows .. mine was fully stocked of mince also.