Groceries running out

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MoMaN69, Mar 3, 2020.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

Eating bat's is a little extreme, true chemicals but you hear more about the germs in the media than the chemical

2. Copie

Copie Member

Hmmm looks like woolies delivery may be working again, it let me put an order in at least.

3. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

I'm not claiming they were true, I don't even remember what bugs they were. But a big reason I don't care is because I wouldn't eat them.

I wish my eldest would leave home but she's only 11 so that's probably not fair. :) I do agree though. I reckon I was learning to cook by the time I was 5 and we've taught our daughters the same thing. I had to laugh when their 'distance education' sheets came in for when school doesn't go back next term and one of the tasks is to help cook something like pancakes. Our 11 yr old has been making and cooking them by herself for years.

Revenge and elvis like this.
  4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Bags of spinach are prewashed... you don't need to wash them again.

The main reason you wash fruit/veg is because people at supermarkets touch them like crazy, then put them back down again...

So you like to taste other people's hands, congratulations?

5. asho444

asho444 Member

Don't kink shame pleass

Revenge likes this.
  6. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

If one for example buys milk and keeps it well refrigerated, yet opens it on the date of expiry... the milk will be fine for a few days at least if not longer, but won't last as long as packed/used by date range.

Yoghurts... no issue of a few weeks past, once again if stored properly. It really comes down to the product itself, storage and a bit of common sense.

JSmith

7. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Umm other way around mate... however I think it was just an error. ;)

JSmith

8. asho444

asho444 Member

So consensus is we need to re educate most people on proper food, storage, prep, cooking and cleaning?

9. power

power Member

if they haven't learned it by now they never will.

10. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

"If you want them, make them yourself". Best carrot ever :lol: Sadly it means we usually end up having to clean up after them, but that's what being a parent is!

11. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Oh yeah that's going to go down real well. I hear George Calombaris is going fairly cheaply at the moment.

12. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Yeah bloody kids have it so easy. When I was a kid my Mum's rule was "you cooked it, you clean it up".

13. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

The effort involved supervising and doing it yourself are sometimes exactly the same. Sometimes it's just easier doing it yourself. But I agree, most of the time we make the kids clean up themselves, but sometimes we just don't have the energy, time, or give a ... :wired:

14. asho444

asho444 Member

Probably has some good tips on how to boost your bank account too!

15. Reaper

Reaper Member

Here's a tip for plastic bottle milk storage and getting it to last. You can even open it and have it last past use by, (typical plastic bottle is not foil lined and vac sealed, so keeping it closed won't matter), what you do is do not store it in the fridge door, that's the hottest place that is constantly loosing its cool when the door gets opened, store it top shelf. The door is for things like condiments, juice, soft drink (if you must, urg), and other misc storage like isopropyl alcohol, glue, small paint jars, etc.

Yea, you hear a little bit about a thing called corona virus right now too. Cold and flu season is right about to hit as well, so you'll hear about flu shots and associated hygiene. I've never had a flu shot and never had influenza, only head colds. Anyway; Corona started with some filthy Chinese bitch eating a bat. With a cavalier attitude towards hygiene, the lockdown never ends. Yes germs are normal, you shouldn't however be ingesting or spreading every one of them as they are not all good. Even the good ones like probiotics shouldn't be taken unless medically directed. There's nothing "tough" about it, rather uneducated really are the eat dirt and lick door handles people that also enjoy dick hands, piss smear and shit stains on their food. :D

16. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Also, create some negative pressure in the bottle after opening when resealing... air is not ones friend when it comes to spoilage.

JSmith

17. asho444

asho444 Member

Umm it's also been linked to aardvark and a number of other animals.

I was more referring to the extreme jump of I don't always wash my food to eat g a dead bag in the same sentance.

Also it is important to eat dirt, that's the only place b12 exists. /s So if you don't eat meat it's a good alternative /s

18. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Don't stop there. We wouldn't be in this mess if the average human was mildly competent.

19. asho444

asho444 Member

Should probably start with how to use a condom, prevention is better than a cure

elvis likes this.
  20. Franc

Franc Member

Because we cant be bothered with idiocy.

MR CHILLED likes this.