1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Groceries running out

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MoMaN69, Mar 3, 2020.

1. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

the april figures for retail sector are abysmal. compounded by the fact that more than a few are all stocked up with non-perishable or long expiry date supplies from the hoarding frenzy the month before.

2. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

do you think stores are going to keep those plastic (extra large sneeze guards) in stores at registers?

i was at a local cafe yesterday getting a coffee, and they put up those things that are normally at entrances (the long plastic things) at the counter.. looked ridiculous

3. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

Someone here (from memory) said WA had them come down the minute the first lot of restrictions came down.
    I'd reckon they'll come down as soon as CEO's think the threat of staff suing them for catching the virus is lessened. I don't think any store keeper or check out chick really wants the things there.

4. cvidler

cvidler Member

lot of money in perspex to throw out.

5. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

A lot of money in hand cleaner. A lot of money in gloves. A lot of money in after hours cleaning. A lot of money in security guards. Everything about this has cost a lot of money, some wont be recouped, some will. How long they keep doing it for will most definitely be the least time they think they can.

6. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

As an occasional checkout dude I love the screens. Anything that stops customers just dumping their basket on the counter, or trying to hand me a discustingly dirty shopping bag or credit card is ok in my books!

7. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

will Woolies turn into Aldi and make you bag your own goods post-COVID?

8. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

If they do they need to drop their prices and get rid of those stupid fucking turntable things. It was bad enough when the checkout chick packed bags on those things but it's just stupid when they aren't packing the bags.

macktheknife likes this.
  9. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

Current rules are we pack bags if it's bought new, or we think they look clean. Pretty sure Roger Corbert wants us to go bsck to packing all bags asap

10. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

is "they" the customer? or "they" the bag?

11. die_piggy

die_piggy Member

YES

12. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

"I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to pack your bag until you go home and have a shower because I think you're dirty!"
    I'm sure it will catch on.

13. Reaper

Reaper Member

Both woollies and coles have for like 1-2 months now. Noone bags shit for you anymore, why stop? :D Plus coles favors their employees the least, they finally got the plastic guards only like 3 weeks ago.

14. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

The check out chicks I know hate those guards, especially on the express lanes. But at least Woolies and Aldi look like they'd put effort into theirs. The ones at my local Coles look like they are held on by a single screw, they tip back and forth and look like one sneeze from the check out side will blow them down.

15. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

Could be worse, my local 7/11 simply glad wrapped the entire area with a small gap underneath to pass things back and forth and the credit card machine on the outside (I'm not touching that bloody thing on my life).

My local coles reopened the self checkout lanes, but the cleaning process is a dude with a cloth giving it a brief wipe. Not entirely sure what that is achieving.

16. Lost Property

Lost Property Member

I don't think many of the new processors do much and I don't particularly care if they do them or not, but it's definitely cost stores a lot of money to achieve almost nothing.

die_piggy likes this.
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

18. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's now historical. :lol:

JSmith

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Was the great toilet paper shortage one just of Australia's own? Or did it extend to other countries? I think maybe the US got hit by it.....

JSmithDTV likes this.
  20. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

MR CHILLED likes this.