Groupwise to iPhone calendar sync?

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by quickshot84, Jun 21, 2010.

1. quickshot84

quickshot84 Member

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what others are doing to sync their novell email, calendar and/or contact to iPhone users.

For emails we're currently using an imap solution but only just looking to sync calendars and contacts also (contacts not being as important)

the current work around is to forward appointments posted in groupwise to a gmail account and then have the gmail account sync with the iphone via exchange, however we're wanting something less messy and more inhouse

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. Dave31

Dave31 Member

3. OP
    OP
    quickshot84

quickshot84 Member

yeah we had a look at that, but does anyone here actually have a working solution they are using?

4. Gierke

Gierke Member

also curious about this..

5. phrosty-boi

phrosty-boi Member

i'd say wait for the data synchroniser pack, but I assume you've already looked at that and want somethin more immediate?

best i've ever managed without having any iphone to play around with has been to get simple pop based mail from groupwise

it's in public beta / preview at the moment, so you can probably at least play with it and see what it does if you have the facility to do that kind of thing

6. OP
    OP
    quickshot84

quickshot84 Member

we havnt actually; we've just done this cowboy setup with gmail as a means of something quick and simple for the 3 people (all IT staff) who use it, but want something more seamless for staff and executives.

ill have a look in to it today if i get time

7. iceazn

iceazn Member

At the moment I've got my Contacts and Calendar sync'd using outlook and email via IMAP. I'm in the process of upgrading my GW7 server to GW8 and will then be implementing the ActiveSync.

8. Dave31

Dave31 Member

yes.

it works.

9. iceazn

iceazn Member

Just some info for anyone using GroupWise and is not aware of the data synchronizer which has now been released http://www.novell.com/products/data-synchronizer/

Eligible for current GroupWise, Teaming or NOWS customers who are on maintenance.

Installed it in my system and its working great. Didn't have any real drama installing and configuring the software. Had to rip out the beta that I was testing, couldn't do a straight upgrade. OTA sync of contacts, calendar and mail to all iOS and other mobile OS (Note not a replacement for BES). Syncing and updates were quicker than BES.