1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

GSkill 2400 MHz 9-11-10-28 quad channel memory kit, X79 first touch

Discussion in 'Memory' started by youngpro, Nov 17, 2011.

1. youngpro

youngpro Member

[​IMG]

ive just done a few benchmarks here for you to get a feel of the new GSkill kits goes and how memory clocking on X79 is much nicer than previous platforms for high stable frequency,

i am not loosening any sub-timings here for extra frequency on the modules, they do this easy, you can see the tight TRFC on these runs and bandwidth figures to match, i also am not sure about how good everest is as a bandwidth gauge, but the figures seem closer than Aida at this stage,

worth noting is that high frequency looser timings seem to be much better for bandwidth than tighter timings and lower frequency, time will tell as some 32m runs get done which might be better for benching though,

Setup
    R4E w/ OC-Key in action
    3960X
    GSKILL 2400
    Corsair AX1200

The ASUS R4E OC-Key is quite helpful when clocking memory, being able to give a quick bump of key voltages and see them reflected on the screen is helpful to determine what a frequency wall might be related too.
    [​IMG]

4x4GB - 1239 MHz 9-11-10-28
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4x4GB - 1148 MHz 8-11-10-28
    [​IMG]

4x4GB - 1124 MHz 8-10-9-28
    [​IMG]

4x4GB - 1041 MHz 8-9-9-28
    [​IMG]

4x2GB FLARES - 1220 MHz 8-11-8-28
    Also here is a quick run with 4x2GB of Flares for those asking about how PSC will go, they seem to also be running quite nice on the latest Intel IMC. As you know PSC is only rated for 2000 but 2440 is no problem and I am sure better PSC 2500+ is OK.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. moloko vellocet

moloko vellocet Member

It's difficult to understand how or why this thread/information has no replies. I suppose people don't understand the value of what you've done here.

Well done and it brought a smile to my dial when a mate mentioned to me the other day that you had a tray of SB-E chips before release. It's good to know that something is going right in this world.

Keep pushing it buddy. :thumbup:

3. balckjok3r

balckjok3r (Banned or Deleted)

nice clocks man.

4. tuchan

tuchan Member

Very nice James !!:thumbup:

5. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Great results mate!

Was hoping you could possibly try max clocks at something like 7-7-7-21 (or close to that).

6. Modzy

Modzy Member

Many Many Thanks....

Considering Sandybridge-E will most likely be my next upgrade you've given a great review to begin my research of best components....

7. OP
    OP
    youngpro

youngpro Member

i missed the replies to this, sorry guys and thanks for the replies

hey josh hit me up, we should catch up some time... same with you Andy, crank the smoke machine out dude

8. OP
    OP
    youngpro

youngpro Member

sure i will do it, but please be aware these kits are optimized for high cas and TRCD so arnt that great at 7-7-7.. 7-7-7 is the range of hyper and microns

also on x79 it is all about high memory frequency for the best bandwidth, lower clocks and 7-7-7 result in loss of bandwidth and therefor performance