GT5: OCAUGTC - OCAU Grand Touring Car Championship feat. JGTC, DTM & More!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by mr_mordred2095, Feb 8, 2011.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

My best lap was 1:22 something.... 3+ seconds off the top 3 guys :(

2. Potatos_69

Potatos_69 Member

Hi guys, enjoying following this thread! i got GT5 a while ago and i was wondering if i can get in on some of these races perhaps, bit noob at it at the moment and i will be hanging around the back of the pack so i dont mind not competing for points as i wont be in the competition against the fast guys who are racing but it would be nice to do some online work with you guys... :)

3. Fleshgear

Fleshgear Member

LOL 200kg is a bit harsh.
    I was doing 1:20s for most of the race, not pushing too hard trying to keep the tyres good.
    When I pulled in to the pits there was a car smashed into the wall blocking the entry, so that cost me about 10 secs as the stupid AI in the pits did a 39 point turn trying to get through it.
    In the end I was able to cruise to the finish while Jesse carried his tyres through to the end with his BOLD no pit strategy.

4. cjmonkey

cjmonkey Member

how bout 150kg? ;-)

After a few laps trying to chase Benny, It became obvious I was not going to be able to keep up. Pushing so hard was causing me to make mistakes. I decided to settle and try and hold off Jess who was closing with each lap. Had a good rumble with him for a few laps, and on one occasion we even bumped, but was all harmless.

Unfortunately Jess was given a penalty out of the corkscrew and i was able to put a big gap on him. On about lap 18 i decided to Pit. I saw Benny go in the lap before, so i though i should follow. The car was getting very slippery and i didn't want to risk an accident... the pit-stop was uneventful, and I came out on 3rd. Knowing Jess still needed to pit, i spent a little too much time watching the "blue arrows" and miss judged the kink left hander before the uphill towards the corkscrew. I lost the rear end and BAM.. into the wall... came away with wheel and engine damage. I limped back to the pits for another stop... realising that i had to push hard now to catch jess, i again spun on cold tyres and put it into the wall. DOH!!! back to the pits, and instead of chasing 2nd, i was now worried about who was chasing me! Luckily, i managed to retain 3rd all the way to the end....

looking forward to the next one... My vote for next track is Tokyo.. :)

5. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

imho 10kg per end per race win, similar to the BTCC of old iirc, but that's up to you guys to decide.

6. Fleshgear

Fleshgear Member

How bad will you guys feel when I am beating you all with extra weight in my car? :upset:
    Ballast might be a good idea, I don't mind implementing some sort of rule.
    Maybe like the BTCC where they have a maximum amount that can be added.
    My car would be 2 tonne by the time you guys catch me :D:lol:

7. iinsom

iinsom Member

they run a similar system in the mini series over here too.

Max is 200kg, with 50kg (I think?) added after a win

8. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Hate to be a party pooper guys but I'm selling up my PS3 & GT5. I wish you all luck in future racing :)

Here's the code for the first post if someone wants to crack open a new thread :)
    http://pastebin.com/EWjNmZST

9. The Beast

The Beast Member

Random.

Good luck dude, if you ever get back into it don't be a stranger!

10. spaced1

spaced1 Member

That sucks. Just not doing it for you? Or need the cash?

11. SaMbO

SaMbO Member

1100kg/532bhp = 2.06kg/bhp
    1300kg/532bhp = 2.44kg/bhp

84% of original power/weight (118% weight/power)

win margin - +26.910
    lap time - 1:19? (79s)
    race time - @33minutes

just purely on a power to weight ratio you should to do a 1.30 @ 1300/532
    tyres will go off quicker, may mean another pit per race,

ie
    shouldnt happen ;)

even 1120/532 = 2.10kg/bhp should increase your lap time by about 1.5 seconds

1.5 x 25 = 37.5 = JD is right up your tail pipes (assuming you're running at 100% the whole race ;)

12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Member

LOL... that was probably me...
    Having never pitted in LS, I didn't think there was that sharp of an entry and ran front first into the wall... :(

13. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

I bought the console for the sole purpose of GT5, and I'm over it already :(

14. spaced1

spaced1 Member

See for me it just keeps getting better and better with all of these updates. Just taking time away from all the other games I need to get through.

15. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

Guess there'll be no quick decision on what track is up next. Some of us need a lot of practice, y'know. :p

16. The Beast

The Beast Member

Given the untimely demise of our leader, does anyone object to myself and Rusty (aka hr31gts) taking joint organisational duties?

I'm happy to start another thread and move relevant stuff over there, I have some ideas for it, so I might get to work and start creating. As for the Championship, I wouldn't be making any drastic changes as MrMordy did a great job getting this up off the ground where many others would have failed and it seems to be running well so far.

Rusty, as the other regular host, are you happy to help me with the admin/organisation from here? There will be times when I'll be away with work, so it's good to have backup!

Thoughts?

Mords, once again, thanks for all you've done in getting this going, it's a shame you won't get to enjoy the fruits of your labour. :shock: Your sweet drifting burnouts and killer fastest laps will be sorely missed. You are welcome back (obviously) any time you want.

17. cjmonkey

cjmonkey Member

Sorry to see you go Mordy :-( Thanks for organising the comp! Hopefully you re-think to sell the PS3... plenty of awesome titles on it besides GT5.

I nominate "The Beast" to take over running the comp!

And i nominate tokyo for the next track... What say you beast?:D

18. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Lol @ the drifts. I might make a drift video before I get rid of the PS3. That said, I've got my saved game on a USB stick, I'll be sure to play every now and then at a mate's :) The PS3 is cool and all, but I have my PC for gaming. And if I want to play anything else, 2/3 of my friends have PS3s xD

If I were to suggest anything for the tourney, it would be +50kg for 1st, +30kg for 2nd, +15kg for 3rd place per race, with the weights resetting after every race. So if you could keep winning with a +50kg, props to you xD

Sorry it was a bit all over the place, been occupied with RL a fair bit >.>

Also, if I were to pick anyone to take over, I think The Beast would be the one :)

19. Rusty

Rusty Member

Sure mate, no worries at all...
    How hard can it be:p

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

I'm calling this thread dead. Time of death: 12:11 Zulu.

Please move to this thread for all further OCAU GTC Championship business.

Good Luck Gentlemens!