GT5: OCAUGTC - OCAU Grand Touring Car Championship feat. JGTC, DTM & More!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by mr_mordred2095, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Fraggle

Fraggle Member

+1 interested...just remind me not to start a 24 hr B-spec event beforehand :lol:

2. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

HI GUYS

Good, now I have your attention. OCAUGTC is holding a test'n'tune at Grand Valley Speedway!

In plain english, jump in a JGTC car, get some racing soft tyres on it, keep it under 520hp, SRF/AS off and post up some times :p

The fast crowd should be ~1:46
    The mid crowd should be ~1:48 or so
    The back end would be looking at 1:50-1:51 :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. MotoJohnno

MotoJohnno Member

I'm good too, teaming up with Oblong Cheese.
    my PSN ID is Raven_Stam

4. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

PSN ID oblongcheese

5. TomJ

TomJ Member

So Racing Softs then :p. I will try and post a time Thursday night, don't have time tonight. Already have a Xanavi GTR :thumbup:

Wheel: DFGT + ironing board attachment
    PSN: Topazzar_

6. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Will racing softs last half an hour?? I haven't done a race that long yet xD

7. Joehax

Joehax Member

Yep all good :thumbup:

Cool, there are also the following non-Jap cars for those who want something different.
    Code:
    Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02             471 BHP 	1080 kg 	519 Nm
    Camaro SS RM '10                          470 BHP 	1210 kg 	597 Nm
    A4 Touring Car '04                        462 BHP 	1080 kg 	509 Nm
    Astra Touring Car '00                     462 BHP 	1000 kg 	509 Nm
    M3 GTR Race Car '01                     452 BHP 	1120 kg 	489 Nm
    Calibra Touring Car '94              	442 BHP 	1040 kg 	304 Nm

There is also an Alfa touring car of some sort, but it's a POS from memory :p

The JGTC cars have about 50nm more torque and about 10BHP more than the Euro cars (on average). I reckon the aerodynamics are the same.

Looks like I'm at the back then. Best I could do was 1:50.219 with Tom's Supra :(

8. TomJ

TomJ Member

30 mins, I must have missed that. I think I did a 5 laps at the Nurburgring race once, took me about ~40 minutes not stop and I was a sweaty, stressed out, arching mess by the end of it, AI was keeping me honest. I think that was part of the World Championship in Pro or Extreme A-Spec.

9. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

I've got no problem with these! I was racing the Alfa touring car earlier this morning, I'd also have no problem with it. Seemed to be pretty much bang on in competition. The Calibra Touring Car is gimped hardcore on torque, so even though it's lighter, it'll be a whole lot harder to go fast in. The HP is still there, but the lack of torque will make it hard to keep with that pack.

I'm gonna omit the Astra Touring Car for now. It's -too- lightweight (100kg is a LOT). Updating first post with optional cars.

10. The Beast

The Beast Member

HI!!

Got a 1:46.957 in the Yellowhat after about 4 laps, there is still a bit more time to shed - haven't played with setup at all yet.
    • Racing Softs
    • All aids off except ABS on 1
    • G27 using manual shift (flappy paddles)

Horsepower after oilchange was 504bhp.

I'd like to simulate race conditions and see how the tyres hold up, how best to do that? Is there someway to do a practice race by myself including pit stops?

11. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

I'm starting a server in 2 minutes called - OCAU MEMBERS ONLY - feel free to come join :) We'll be able to see how long the tyres last :)

You can find it by filtering for just Grand Valley Speedway. Also, I spilt cordial into my $9 keyboard I use on the ps3 this morning. Gives a whole new meaning to stickykeys.

12. Fleshgear

Fleshgear Member

I'm joining now, PSN - BennyBagems.
    I'm going to try my NSX RM 425hp, 1045kg.

13. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

I can only manage 1:48.129 in the ARTA NSX on racing softs. :thumbdn: Not sure if I want to even bother if other people are pulling 1:46.xxs...

14. spaced1

spaced1 Member

Raybrig NSX '00 1:54.038 stock + racing softs
    NSX GT500 1:51.707 stock + racing softs

Doesn't worry me which time is taken as both are shit :p

PSN ID: OL_Grim_Reaper

15. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

I couldn't even do a sub 2-minute lap on the racing hards, no grip at all :tongue: Someone can take my place in the comp if they want, I can't drive without spin recovery force on :lol:

16. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Dude, we're pulling high 1:47's and 1:48 on racing softs on average. 1:51 is a -fast- time on hards with no interference. Doubt I'll use hards, the life is great, but the grip is nasty.

Your 1:48 is great considering the amount of time you've had on the track :)

17. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

I'm not sure what was going on but when I did the race online compared to practice free run I seemed to have less grip? I was pretty adamant I turned off spin recovery force, etc.

Did you have the track edge grip set to realistic or something? My 1:48 was in practice free run. When I tried to get down to that online I kept spinning out, so my best was like 1:56 or something like that (on softs!). Urgh.

18. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Nah, track edge set to low. And yeah in practice mode the grip is a little different since there's no tyre wear. In online free run and races, the tyres behave differently depending on how you drive them. They warm up, get cold and have less grip once they're worn down :) The lower the bar gets, the less grip you have. Driving on cold racing soft is like driving on worse than racing hard tyres.

If you get too heavy-footed, you wear the tyres down heaps when they're cold because it's so easy to spin them up, so you have to look after them until they warm up.

19. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

did 3 or 4 laps with the Lexus with around 500hp & soft tyres, fastest was a 1.47.5

PSN name is Sciflyer

20. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Someone start a server kgo, I need a break, sore thumb syndrome xD. Been up since 3am, I need a sleep.

I'm holding a test race tomorrow night AEST-10pm / QLD-9PM / WA 7PM. I'll have a 1 hour prep/test session before it.

It will be 20 laps around Grand Valley. Soft tires won't last a full round, medium -might- if you look after them.