GT5: OCAUGTC - OCAU Grand Touring Car Championship feat. JGTC, DTM & More!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by mr_mordred2095, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

Are the JGTC-style Stealth Cars allowed?

Specifically:

Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model:

Displacement 3494cc
    Max. Power 515BHP / 7500rpm
    Max. Torque 60kgfm / 5500rpm
    Drivetrain MR
    Weight 1100kg
    Power / Weight Ratio 2.10kg/BHP
    Length 4610mm
    Width 2000mm
    Height ---

As all the others are well below 1100Kg/above ~520hp

2. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Approval given for stealth NSX :)

Just be mindful that the engine may increase it's HP once it's had an oil change and it's worn in. Wearing an engine in at this level gives it +15-20hp. Changing your car mid-season is a -bad- thing ^^

My Yellowhat GTR was 493 stock. An oil change and about 700km of driving, it's at 518hp.

The exact HP regulation number is still not completely decided, let me know how you go.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

I've set a 1.50:155 with the above car after a few laps, not really my best I don't think. I'll see what sort of times this thing can put out - if it isn't fast enough, might have to find another car.

4. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Feel free to send a clone my way, I'll return the yellowhat gtr in your direction :) (of course, if you don't mind. Just that NSXs give me wood. hard wood. and a stealth black one would make me ironman).

5. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

Shit.

I just modded my car to bump thwe power up, for some reason i thought it was 530hp max not 520

i now have a 530hp car that i cant undo the mods to get it under 520 again :(

6. zaneus

zaneus Member

im getting 1:50's to 1:53's.. :(

7. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Is it worn in?? Wearing in your engine gives you +hp too. One of us will be able to donate a car to you if you need one and are short on funds :)

I'm considering upping the limit to 530HP, as a couple of the cars are cutting it -very- close in regards to the HP limit without mods due to oil changes and engine wearing. We'll see what the next day or two
    brings us. I want to keep the power down as much as I can, they have plenty already.

That said, you'd still be over with that car. If the car is 530hp with 0km and no oil change, that'll quickly turn into 550+

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  8. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

JGTC car? It's all practice..

Tell us your setup. DS3, wheel?

Also, try max downforce at front, then keep adding rear downforce until you're happy with the car's stability. Easy way for the less experienced to gain some seconds :)

Don't get disheartened, that 1:44:945 I pulled in a time trial was a freak lap, where I got lucky, a lot. Average perfect laps I pull are 1:45/1:46, 1:47 is a 'decent' lap, and is what I aim for most of the time :) , and I'm one of those addicted people who have played GT since '1996 :)

9. zaneus

zaneus Member

the Nissan GT-R.. one. its red, heh mind block. Anyway, racing softs, DFGT wheel. Never played with SFR off, though my clean lap was the 1:50

10. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Considering you haven't played without SRF off for a decent period of time, you're doing very well. It's all practice :)

Try my max front downforce trick (40). Stick on 53 downforce at the rear, let me know how you go.

edit: I think the red one is the Xanavi Nismo GTR :)

11. zaneus

zaneus Member

its late, working a double shift tomorrow.. I'll let you know how my laps go in a few minutes :lol:

12. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

yep bought it brand new from teh dealership all 900,000 credits of it, it was around 480hp stock (JGTC Lexus SC430), :(

what a massive dickhead i am

13. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

No stress, it's another one to add to the garage :)

Do the seasonal event, the last race on the indy circuit. It's really easy and you get 1.5mil for it.

Well, it was easy in an 800hp race modded corvette lol xD

edit: Alternatively, had anyone got a Lexus JGTC they can clone for the man?

14. zaneus

zaneus Member

Lol. first lap i did was 1:49.912. Second lap i did was 1:48.500. Big help!, thanks mordred.

edit: 3rd lap: 1:47.767
    4th lap: 1:47.260

15. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

Happy to help. Have a tinker tomorrow night if you're not too tired. Less at the rear will give you a bit more turn at high speed, but you'd wanna have quick hands xD Also, rear downforce seems to work surprisingly well at low speed corner exit traction.

If you get the perfect setup, warm tyres and have balls, you can full throttle from the first corner all the way to the hairpin ;) Though I fear it sacrifices too much of the required rear-end downforce for rest of the track, as usual, comes down to your driving style.

Get some sleep already, I know I'm about to :)

16. Un_OC

Un_OC Member

I don't have cash to splash currently so I had a go in a honda weight right on the 1100. Power a bit over - 530bph on the nose after running in and oil change.

First timed lap I hit a 1:46.9 2nd slower 3rd 1.46.6 and then for the next hour nearly I only completed about 3 more timed clean runs and none anywhere near it. :(

Basically what I ahve just done is waste an hour of my life. Best time at the start, probably not thinking straight right now. Anyway, lots of time to come from that run. Each lap I pretty much improved and then made a stupid error like last corner before the final chicane flooring the power and not correcting or turning right at where the mini and full circuits connect just silly stuff.

Have only drive about 10 laps on this circuit before in gt5 and damn it's changed since GT3. I prefer the GT3 version alot more, but hey it's what we have.

For the car
    I found the car rather skittish, it felt a bit like a high end formula car. Great at speed, infact with warmed tyres I could almost take it flat from the first hairpin through to the 2nd hairpin. But at the slow section turning it was a massive pain, slow speed understeer hurts ALOT. THe right at the right left just before the tunnel was almost impossible to striaght line it, and I had to do a figure of eight kind of thing making it rather slow. A bit of tuning would massively fix it. Also the top gear was way way way too wide. Barely used it.

Probably I can get a 1:44 or 43 with a much better lap. 1:41 if I also get the tuning right. That's with a pretty bloody hot lap

17. zaneus

zaneus Member

i already do full throttle it. Seems to take it fairly easily. maybe im not hitting as high a top speed?

18. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

This is -exactly- what I'm after from the race series. The cars have obvious flaws, and fixing one (like low-speed cornering) often rears another ugly flaw somewhere else, like making your high-speed cornering unstable.

It's about finding the right balance, learning your car, and performing :) Adding the pressure of having a couple of hot cars on your arse in a race makes it SO good >.<

19. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172492

Have a read of this if you're bored guys. I'll likely copy/paste their rules etc, as they seem to have their shit worked out. Of course, I will give full credit to them :)

I'm not really wanting to be as strict/nazi about the rules/incidents. I think we're all mature enough here to not be douches, but at least it'll give you guys an idea of a rolling start and other stuff :)

20. TomJ

TomJ Member

ah, this is frustrating I don't get back to my place until late tomorrow night, I will have to miss the first event but I'll still post my best lap time :)