1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

GT5: OCAUGTC - OCAU Grand Touring Car Championship feat. JGTC, DTM & More!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by mr_mordred2095, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

hah, that *was* easy :)

1.5mill with a bog-stock 09 corvette with slicks :)

all sorted now, thanks :)

2. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

No worries dude, it's just a test race, no points awarded or anything :) I'll hold a few more over the weekend ^_^

Happy to help :)

edit: Updated first post with rolling start details and some other info.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. Oblong Cheese

Oblong Cheese Member

Another quick go this morning before work, 1.49:236 ... still not really that good. I need to learn the track and the car a lot better.

4. Fraggle

Fraggle Member

I'll probably be at the back of the field anyway :lol: but looking forward to this, couldn't jump on last night 'cos had a 24hr going tho :p I'll try and pick a car tonight and post a time before 10.

Just checking, are all the JGTC-style cars within the limits? Or are there some that are out of the OCAUGTC specifications in stock form? Eg. the Astra and (I assume from Oblong's post) is the stealth GTR, any others? Anyone happen to have a complete list of all cars allowed? Also, is there room for any power mods or is it that most of the cars will run-in to the 530 limit unmodified?

5. Joehax

Joehax Member

Yeah, I installed Engine Tuning +3 on my YellowHat and now its hovering at 580BHP.

I think there is also break-in period which eventually boosts the BHP even higher. I think I'll go back to the Supra as I don't want to buy another JGTC car :p

6. ecroF

ecroF Member

PSN ID : Bigpauly79

Will most likely be driving the Toms supra or a calsonic nissan, havn't decided yet:thumbup:

7. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

I"m still very new to the game (4 days lol), so I'm not entirely sure what's out there. I'm fairly certain that all JGTC cars are within the limits. The Astra I ruled out, simply because it's 60kg lighter than the rest of the field (at least), and it has the same power.

Running in and oil-changing an engine usually gives is another ~4-5% of it's power. There's generally no room for power mods of the cars that are 493hp standard, but there's a few that are sub-450 that could have a turbo of some kind strapped on I guess??

This weekend will give opportunity for people to run-in their cars so they don't have to unexpectedly change mid-season.

Best bet, is that if you've got a car a fair bit under 530hp, buy a turbo kit for it, so you can detach as necessary.

A few posts up I mentioned the seasonal event to get 1.5mil in 20 minutes, easy money :)

I can donate the '08 Yellowhat GTR or '97 Toms Supra to someone if they need it. Will have to wait until tomorrow though, because I've used up my transfer for today.

8. Hooti3

Hooti3 Member

I'm in, if there's room.

9. Fraggle

Fraggle Member

Cool! Thanks for that ^^^

Got my B-spec to 39 so hopefully enough dosh here, think I have a Supra already but might try a GTR and fall back on the Supra if I'm all over the shop :D

10. zaneus

zaneus Member

Awww crap. Dont think i will be able it make it 10pm tonight. it'll be cutting it close, depends on how busy i am at work.

11. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

I think holding 2 races at the same time will be the way to go. There's still12 cars per field with that setup, and room for more people.

As I was saying earlier in the thread, I don't really want anyone being left out of races (lets face it, that'd suck).

I'll update first post shortly. Anyone want to put their hand up to host the other race for me on race night? :)

12. Menthu_Rae

Menthu_Rae Member

Dammit, some guy is supposed to be picking up some car parts from me at 10pm tonight. Gah. :tongue:

13. ecroF

ecroF Member

Ok Just had some practice and will be driving the calsonic. In its current form has 522HP and seems way faster than the toms supra for me. Working late tonight, but should be home in time for practice race. :D:D:D

14. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

so you cant bump the factory hp up? hmmm wouldnt it be better to allow parts and just set the max hp and min weight and leave it at that?

With a 50+hp difference between some of the cars its going to mean everyone will be driving the GT-Rs to avoid handicapping themselves

15. OP
    OP
    mr_mordred2095

mr_mordred2095 Member

edit: Sorry, that was part of the copy/pasta from GTplanet, i'll fix it now :)

The 50hp difference can be covered with a stage 2 turbo on the JGTC cars :)

I'll probably drive the Supra for the season myself, even with a 50kg weight disadvantage, it's just much easier to drive than the GTR. Everyone has their own style, of course. A 530HP limit gives a fair bit of leeway for being able to speed up the slower-at-stock cars with small turbo kits etc.

16. sickbunny

sickbunny Member

I'm in.

Psn grantlyy

How do I join tonights test race? I haven't played online in gt5 yet so unsure how you join specific races.

17. Joehax

Joehax Member

This sounds good in practice, but could be quite hard coordinating.

Doesn't GT5 have the option where fastest gets pole? I think this is dictated by the lap times when people select 'Drive Now' and drive around the track before the race officially starts. (well check out tonight).

If it does work, we could just have everyone enter the track, and give them 5 - 10 mins as a mini-qualifier then start the race after that? GT5 should then put people in the correct grid position.​

18. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

^ yep, and tbh in a reasonably long race grid position becomes less important, as MM said people are going to come off/spin/stuff up pitting etc... being a couple of seconds off the pace in qual isnt going to be a big deal if you can drive consistantly in the race

19. supranoob

supranoob Member

I agree with JoeHax and it will be quite hard to police and a 10min quali might be best which is indeed the free run before you start the race.

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

I've been racing online/lans since 1999 and I'll be f'd and amazed if you can make a rolling start like that work. Someone, somehow, will cock it up.

As Joehax has said, allow 10 mins of free play before hand in order to set the quali order. If you can't turn up til race time, you start at the back.