1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

GTA5 mods - anyone familiar and experienced?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by shiny1, May 16, 2020.

1. shiny1

shiny1 Member

I played GTA5 when it was released years ago on a GTX680. I remember enjoying the game overall, but now I've got a beefier system (1080ti and 8086k), I'd like to play it once more with better graphics. Modding seems like the way to go. But a lot of the stuff on Youtube are over-the-top reflective textures and such and I don't really want a game where the world looks "wet" all the time. I'm not sure how car packs work. Do they stack? Can I install multiple car add-ons?

Some of the tutorials on Reddit are really old, so I don't know if there are better options today. If someone here can drop some names of mods that are a must have, that'd be appreciated.

2. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I would also be interested in this. picked it up free, and have never played it. So if there is a decent way to up the graphics, I'm all for it.

3. Phong2209

Phong2209 Member

try GTA V redux mod applied to the game

4. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

5. asho444

asho444 Member

Also be careful with mods if you want to play online. I played with mods for a while then removed them but it still wouldn't let me play online. Uninstaller and cleared a heap of folders but still nothing, ended up needing to format to play online

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Looks nice.

Nethiuz likes this.
  7. asho444

asho444 Member

Does look good, $10 patron pay wall at the moment tho

8. OP
    OP
    shiny1

shiny1 Member

Thanks for the links. The Gtamods website is a bit overwhelming. Natrual Vision looks excellent. If it's not available at the moment, I'll try Redux. I think I'd prefer an all-in-one mod. Too lazy to find and install multiple layers.

Thanks for the heads up about playing online, but I don't intend on going online, so it's not an issue.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  9. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

I play online through steam. Does anyone know if I could download this through EPIC and use mods without affecting my online through steam? Keen to do the singleplayer campaign again with some of those gorgeous looking mods!

Effectively I'd have an online version through steam and an offline modded version through EPIC.

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I have mods in my SP, the game warns me, and I played online without issue. I understand you dont want to risk it. What you suggest I dont think will work as I think it launches through rockstar anyway?

Ive heard since going free the hackers have stepped it up big time, even getting legit players banned by giving them millions.. and even editing their binds.. oh and making things like this:

97426606_531308824208166_5827531710203428864_n.jpg

Major Neb likes this.
  11. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

Yeah i got that once going online, freaked me out, forgot some file that was still in the exe folder.
    Bugger forgot about the social club. Might try creating a different social club account. Especially now I've discovered you can copy your steam files to the epic folder.