1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

GTFO

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bennyling, Dec 16, 2019.

1. bennyling

bennyling Member

Wow, first time I've had to create a topic for a game here.

Anyway, GTFO. Anyone played/playing it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493520/GTFO/

I've played a few rounds, but haven't managed to clear anything pass the first level. It's a brutally difficult Killing Floor, where teamwork actually matters. A friend said that it suffers from the same problem that Payday (and its successor Payday 2) had, in that it can't really decide whether it's a stealth game, or a shooter — I'd suggest it's too stingy on the ammo for it to be a true run-and-gun shooter like Killing Floor, but there are definitely times where you can't stealth the entire level.

No matchmaking is interesting too, but the Discord is easy enough to jump in a lobby with a bunch of randoms.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

been meaning to check it out, looks good

3. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Hey this does look good.

4. omen_child

omen_child Member

Wow, will be keeping an eye on this one.

5. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Played it in beta a month or two ago. Couldn't finish the level provided even after many attempts (friends were too cocky). It definitely requires alot of team work - one guy can screw it up for everyone. How is it in early access? worth the $45?

6. OP
    OP
    bennyling

bennyling Member

It's probably about the same as beta. Still ridiculously hard, almost to the point of being frustrating. That, and combined with no real incentive to progress besides beating the levels, kind of makes me wonder why I'm playing, especially when I come across a stack that has no idea/isn't taking it seriously.

7. riccoo

riccoo Member

was thinking of getting it, looks really good but not sure on the end life stuff, like benny mentioned what do you do once you beaten the levels

8. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

Just got gifted this one. Anyone play?