Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. andymate

andymate Member

What level are you and what server are you on?

I haven't had any problems finding people around on isle of janthir. I've only ever had 1 problem getting a skill point solo but then people turned up 5 minutes later.

2. Alby

Alby Member

From my experience, they have removed the ability to have tank/heals but not so much the need for one. A lot of fights seem to just be 5 people running around attempting to do as much damage as possible while not getting 1 hit by some random attack. Some groups are better than others, Guardian seems to help a lot, but most just die and run back in before the boss resets effectively getting infinite lives.

I like the whole idea of not having to use a tank/heals but I do not feel that Anet have thought over their solution enough. A more noticeable warning for when you get targeted by large attacks would be nice. Also a way for melee to see the boss though all the special effects would be great too.

3. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

I have no idea why people are saying there is no longer a Tank in this game

A level 80 Warrior with traits -
    +30 Toughness — increases armor.
    +30 Vitality — increases health.
    +10 Power — increases damage dealt.

Equipped with Armor that comes with a + Toughness & Vitality bonus
    Jewelery with Toughness & Vitality
    Weapons with Toughness & Vitality
    And the 4 signets that add a passive power and less damage taken

Give him a bow to deal multiple damage with ground fire and explosive shot and
    You now have the closest thing to a tank in this game that can really take a beating

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. Autti

Autti Member

This is my first ever MMO, i predominantly play FPS and a very seasoned Diablo 2 player (D3 is balls).

After taking a good few hours to figure out how to control my character, and well the rudimentary basics that all MMO players take for granted. I'm really enjoying the game. Up to level 8 now!

I just have no idea what to do with items haha

5. vinli

vinli Member

The key question though is, can he hold aggro off the rest of the party?

6. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

get to the city area and get to a Bank or a craftsperson ( you can access the bank from a crafting workstation) .. you can put your items into the materials bank from the crafting workstation that lets you store all your stone, gems, silk, wood .. ext.. its bette to store them there then sell them for chump change.

7. IzzehO

IzzehO Member

Hit the cog in the top right of inventory and go "store collectables" and then sell the rest ;) You'll find the use out later.

8. Alby

Alby Member

Indeed, there are "tank" builds and even "healing" builds.

This. The lack of taunts pretty much means whoever can do the most damage takes aggro. Some mobs can be "controlled" by melee classes by switching in and out each time aggro changes. But it still isn't an answer to majority of the fights.

9. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

What do you guys mean by aggro ?? what is hold aggro?

10. Revenger

Revenger Member

I'm on SoS noticed lack of people in Plains of Ashford doing the map as most while I was there were only doing the dungeon and rest of the map felt pretty dead as I was by myself most of the time and having to warp when I died as waiting for someone to come by for rez would take 20 mins or so.

And in Harathu Hinterlands most of people when I was there seemed to be at the kol chain doing it over and over with some of the waypoints contested and events with no-one doing them with no real players there as that chain gives just under 10k xp per run and starts back up instantly when ends so people just keep looping it.

Harathu was in peak time also and there were quite a few people on the map I would say about over 50 people 3/4 of the map at kol.

And ashford was pretty much all night long as Ive been on that map since about 9:20pm Perth time so last 12 hours abouts I was doing that map with a few hours yesterday during the early morning doing the areas adjacent to black citadel.

As for stuff been chatting to a player ingame randomly last few days we chat pretty much all night long on whisper we were going to do a personal story of mine but only I could do it so he encouraged me to keep at it etc and in the end we just kept talking.

Been invited to join his guild he created as he moved to sorrows furnace just after that personal story I did so pondering it, we seem to have some stuff in common in rl etc.

As for grouping etc the trinity is dead mostly but there's still a duolology or whatever you want to call it with a tank and a ranged as for healers ele's can take on that role with water as they have 2 weapon heal spells and can equip a revive spell and another party heal spell.

I find the revive spell useless even if it does a full heal and instant revive as it takes while to recharge and the inbuilt generic revive is good enough for most cases.

11. Borgod

Borgod Member

I haven't done any dungeons yet, but I don't see the lack of agro abilities as such a problem.
    Nothing is more boring than being a DPS'er and just spamming 1-2-3-whatever and dodging shit while the tank and healer are usually the ones risking life and limb to keep everyone else alive.

Now, everyone has to think about survival more and have more self-preservation if they do attract agro and want to avoid a wipe. Much more exciting.

12. 8MadDog8

8MadDog8 Member

So a mate has convinced me to get this.

Not really keen on trolling through 45 pages of this thread, but anyone know where i can get a digital copy?

13. vinli

vinli Member

Better off trying to get a physical copy (i'm sure you could get one express posted to you within a couple of days?) until you can buy it again via the official website. The other option is cd-key sites which aren't allowed to be discussed here iirc?

14. CordlezToaster

CordlezToaster Member

a quick google of cd key sites and you should be able to get a key.

15. vid_ghost

vid_ghost Member

some of those sites have not been sending out keys as they have SOLD out of them and DO not tell customers there is a WAIT! .. also... some are just scams! that people just lose money on best option is to go out to JBhifi or dicksmith ebgames and try and get a copy that way

Order from the Gamesmen.com.au and so long as you have placed your order befor 3pm you will get it on the SAME DAY!
    https://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/pc-guild-wars-2-p-31402.html

16. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

This should help

"Hold aggro" is important to the "tanking" class in that he keeps the bad guys focused on him rather than the weaker classes who will die much quicker taking the damage he or she does.

17. insidious

insidious Member

Just saw Kripp's latest vid...pet swapping is broken :lol:

18. IzzehO

IzzehO Member

Well... it's official.... ArenaNet are lying sacks of crap who tried to pass blame. Evidentally my account has been hacked and had a login attempt from Nanchang. Now I could blame myself... but here's the kicker... my email address is guildwars2@mydomain.com, so I highly HIGHLY doubt I've used that with any other games. My password is also unique to this game.

They've leaked their database... and they've leaked it big time. Might I suggest people change your passwords to everything you've used the same password for before hackers steal your identity.

EDIT: Andddddd the change password button in account security is broken. Figures.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  19. Stevros

Stevros Member

Im not really surprised, i had problems with guild wars 1 and there were major security issues with Aion too.

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Getting a bit peeved with the drops. The Norn starting area has this event chain with a shaman at the end with a loot chest reward but all the major fights I've been in don't seem to have a guaranteed drop.

I had a 10 min chain event later on in the same Norn zone which earned me a green from the trash and some other misc items but the boss dropped a white.

Same thing in another zone, champion fight, got a white.

Chain event, got a blue.

I appreciate experience and karma and cash are rewards but for a fight requiring 5+ people should always drop a blue, any epic fight which needs 10+ for 5+ mins should drop a green. Sure they could be farmed but wouldn't people just farm the chest events if they don't offer something decent in other big fights?