Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Warpy, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ausghostdog

ausghostdog Member

[​IMG]

Well then, logged in to my account to download the client and install it while I hunt for a place to get a cd key.

Login on client and am meet with that message, I would gather it is due to the fact I don't own the game as yet as it's friggin impossible to find a digital key V.V

2. glennsfield

glennsfield Member

Mmm, not good. Happened to me too btw.

3. bennyling

bennyling Member

I think the devs said somewhere that event *rewards* would never include loot, due to how they wanted the event system to work. Quite a few of the events I've played seem to have a chest at the end though, so not sure what happened to that.

And speaking of loot drops, the most epic event so far that I've found drops greens fairly consistently is the 2-event chain in the bottom of Bloodtide cost, in the bottom right hand corner. One event sees you fight undead zombie-type things, and if you do enough DPS on them they'll drop mostly blues with a few greens here and there, not to mention the two events are like 10k XP each if done correctly in about 20 minutes. When I get home I'll post screenshots of the total loot I scored from about an hour: from memory five or six greens, three or four yellows, and the rest blues and whites.

4. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Where exactly along the bottom? This is where I am currently in the game and I'd love to event chain bloodtide

5. bennyling

bennyling Member

Bottom-right corner. There's a little inlet type thing with a waterfall you can go near, lvl 55 karma vendor right near it, but the merchant right next to her is what you're after: there's a 20-minute long event chain that you can get some serious gear from. Chain pops every ten minutes, too, i.e. ten minute cool down (more than enough time to sell the stuff you don't want to the karma vendor/list it on the Black Lion Trading Post).

I probably won't be around because I want to finish TA at one stage, I've heard it's like a 5-hour dungeon =/

6. Alby

Alby Member

I really do not see why people bother with loot at low levels. Majority of the rares in GW2 seem to come from zone completion awards, storyline and other achievements. Around level 50 you will see many yellow items drop from any and all mobs, but before that just worry about leveling. You will find that you don't actually use your items for long before you get an upgrade so no point farming to get them. I upgrade about 3-4 pieces a day in only a few hours of leveling.

This is correct. Events are for the karma rewards and extra experience not for items. Of course the more difficult mobs have a higher chance to drop better loot and some do have chests which is guaranteed loot. The chest depends on if the mob is considered a large enough boss or not. Also you cannot loot the same chest too often even if you kill the boss again, its on some cool-down timer.

But get to a higher level before you worry about loot, it really begins to pick up after 40 and 50 you will get a yellow a day at least.

7. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

You mean Donala the merch? She does nothing but stand there

8. Autti

Autti Member

Ugh. I'm the biggest fucking noob.

I'm a Human Theif, level 10 and cannot further my story quest. I have to defend a taven and the minute this pistol bandit rocks up i die in like 5 seconds. I can't dodge heal or evade enough to survive longer than 30 seconds, not to mention get your down to half health.

No idea what to do. Been at it like 2 hours haha

9. DuaNo

DuaNo Member

LOL. Unlock more abilities/better gear and then come back? Or get a group?

10. Alby

Alby Member

This. Im at like level 64 and my storyline is at level 8 or something. Just move on and come back when you have better skills/damage. Even though you are brought back down to reasonable level your still damn strong for that level.

11. Autti

Autti Member

I just thought following the story would be a natural way to gain levels.

Instead i should just run around the world?

Note this is the first MMO i've ever played

12. Alby

Alby Member

The story is your lore, its good if you like it and should one day do its not the be all and end all. Yes, run around and explore, do the heart quests and complete zones to get more experience/rewards. Also the events are amazing for easy experience. Dungeons also give decent amount of experience, the level 40 dungeon gives 20k+ experience when you complete it plus all the experience from mobs.

13. ddoth

ddoth Member

Hacked and login email changed :(
    Hoping to get my account back sometime by the end of the month.
    Not phishing scammed, different passwords and the works.

If you are having trouble, see if you can find some better gear / better skills though you will be levelled down, you'll should be that little bit stronger and should tip the battle into your favour.
    Alternatively get out of their 'zone' and they will retreat, giving you another shot before you die and make good use of slow down/speed up skills, stuns and the like. (no one I know plays as a theif, so don't know the play type at all)

14. DuaNo

DuaNo Member

@Autti What Alby said, which server are you on?

@ddoth Good luck dude, I hope you get it back.

Guys, make sure you use a strong password and not the same as anything else.

15. tlai

tlai Member

Got 2x of these unauthorised access:

Address: 180.124.49.90
    City: Beijing
    Region: 22

Address: 118.73.14.150
    City: Taiyuan
    Region: 24

Good thing they block these for you lol, time to change my pw... O wait there's an error while trying to change pw

Edit: Nm the error was for trying to reset the password, took a while to find out where to change my password and seemed successful

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  16. IzzehO

IzzehO Member

Are you in crystal desert/ocau guild? If so give a shout out and I'm sure someone will be able to assist.

17. EliteIntel

EliteIntel (Banned or Deleted)

Guild Wars 2 tops European sales charts

Sales have been very strong in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/guild_wars_2/news/guild_wars_2_tops_the_charts_across_europe.html

18. gnarlyrocks

gnarlyrocks Member

Yep, I think this confirms it, PC gaming is very dead...

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

If only they re-opened online sales again.
    https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Kudos to them to put player experience above sales, but I want to buy more copies!
    (and I am not paying $88 at EB)

20. darknebula

darknebula Member

my mate just grabbed it for $69 at JB Hifi if that helps